Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 808107 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: It Just Works
« Reply #6150 on: May 23, 2016, 09:25:13 pm »

My farthest file was in a big mess of working with the Institute and Railroad and Brotherhood up to the point someone was irrevocably angry with me.
I think I wanted to follow the Institute quests up to the fusion reactor one, then finish my Brotherhood business, then finish the Railroad quests and such, but I forgot who I wanted to side with.

I restarted and went for sneaky melee shooty person though.
Sneaky melee shooty person?

Are you a ninja who shoots sledgehammers and powerfists at people?
That's mainly how I played Zer0 in Borderlands 2.  Sneaky shotgun ninja.
Seriously, don't bring a knife to a gunfight.  Bring a shotgun (and a katana for very tangible coolness benefits, IE invisibility)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: May 23, 2016, 09:27:18 pm »

I will sneak up behind people and slit their throat if I want to, meanie. >:(
Black lives matter.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: May 23, 2016, 10:27:23 pm »

If you ever find a double-barrel with the no-reload mod, that's your weapon for the entire game. It's only limited by the reload time, so if you do, it's basically a super high damage autoshotgun that also does absurd crit damage.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6153 on: May 23, 2016, 10:36:38 pm »

But... shooting at someone from way outside the shotgun's effective range and popping their limbs off...
Black lives matter.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: May 24, 2016, 12:19:43 am »

So a couple of my mods don't play nicely with the current version, is there any way of playing without auto updates?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: May 24, 2016, 05:46:22 am »

My real melee shooty person is the guy with the exploding shotgun (read: death in a wooden stock)
Thanks to the legendary modification mod I have a rapid auto combat shotgun that does that, and BOY is it hilariously broken. Don't know what it is about it but when that thing comes out shit gets WRECKED like I've never seen. I mean, it somehow seems better then stuff with two shot, and that's saying something.

Some point I need to make that exploding minigun....
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6156 on: May 24, 2016, 05:49:03 am »

The game seems to be based on breaking it over your knee.

Truly this was made by Bethesda.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: May 24, 2016, 05:50:38 am »

It's because each pellet explodes, I believe.
An exploding 10mm wouldn't be a huge issue because it's one projectile per shot. The shotgun is quite obviously not.
Black lives matter.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: May 24, 2016, 08:13:33 am »

If you ever find a double-barrel with the no-reload mod, that's your weapon for the entire game. It's only limited by the reload time, so if you do, it's basically a super high damage autoshotgun that also does absurd crit damage.

Are double barrel higher damage than combutt shotguns?
Love, scriver~

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: May 24, 2016, 09:27:44 am »

Are double barrel higher damage than combutt shotguns?
Massively. It's got 5 lower base damage unmodded. However, the effective DPS if both are bottomless is much higher even when both are unmodded-the double barrel has a base fire rate of 36, while the combat shotgun has 20 (30 with the Rapid automatic receiver), and the double barrel has both higher base damage and higher RoF when fully modded (and you can fully mod one very early on, it only takes Gun Nut 2).

A fully modded double barrel has 96 base damage and 181 base RoF. A fully modded combat shotgun (semi-auto actually has better RoF than auto unless you want to entirely forgo bonus damage and get Rapid) has 106 base damage and 26 base RoF. Moreover, the best barrel mod for the combat shotgun reduces recoil and spread, while the best one for the double barrel (sawed off) is (IIRC) doubled crit damage.

You can get one set up early, and with a crit-oriented build + Rifleman that double-barrel can oneshot almost anything in the game. If you don't have to worry about reloading, it can also fire far faster than the combat shotgun. But even without that I still prefer the double barrel simply because all you have to do is charge a crit, sprint up, and unload on something's face. Instant dead.

--

But yeah, the explosive bullets legendary is great on shotguns because each pellet explodes.

3. Run Resize Enable

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: May 24, 2016, 08:25:31 pm »

Here's the weird thing about it though.
I've had a full auto exploding LASER SHOTGUN before and for some reason that does less damage then an exploding combat shotty.

Do explosive legendaries add the ballistic damage from the shot itself to the explosion? That might explain it.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: May 24, 2016, 08:32:46 pm »

I think it's that the laser shotgun is a miserable excuse for a weapon why the hell would you waste fiber optics on it has fewer individual lasers to all have exploding damage on.
Black lives matter.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: May 25, 2016, 01:02:33 pm »

Here's the weird thing about it though.
I've had a full auto exploding LASER SHOTGUN before and for some reason that does less damage then an exploding combat shotty.

Do explosive legendaries add the ballistic damage from the shot itself to the explosion? That might explain it.
I don't believe so. However, as mentioned, the explosion procs for every pellet (as does the bleed legendary). That means that each shot does 90 extra explosive damage. Or applies 150 damage of bleed. It's why both of those are highly effective on all the high-volume low per-shot damage weapons.

3. Run Resize Enable

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: May 25, 2016, 01:07:31 pm »

I tried a bleedout minigun, it was pathetic honestly, just not enough actual output to kill things in a timely fashion.  Explosive minigun on the other hand, is insanely lethal, making everything die in a second or two of fire.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: May 25, 2016, 01:08:40 pm »

Yeah, I've done explosive minigun too. Put it away because it was too powerful and made every encounter a super cakewalk.
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 462