Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334423 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #765 on: August 26, 2015, 04:02:49 am »

((NOTE: THEY CALLED THIS A HEAVEN AND NOT A HELL))
Isn't that a matter of perspective though? Like the joke about the masochist in hell?
Or is there some sort of fundamental difference?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #766 on: August 26, 2015, 08:22:17 am »

- Huh? I dumped most of it in this jerry can, if you mean the fuel from the jeep.

Let Hyenakles have a look.
You let him have a look.

truffle shuffle my way over to the water's edge for some group talk
You join up with the group.

"One last thing - what does forgetting mean? I understand the meaning of it, but forgotten by what? Also does the god of this place reside somewhere or is it one of the omnipresent types?"

Talk, then go over and group up.

"One last thing - what does forgetting mean? I understand the meaning of it, but forgotten by what? Also does the god of this place reside somewhere or is it one of the omnipresent types?"

Interpret, then join the others.
"They say that god himself is trying to forget it. And anything that goes up too high. That is where this god resides, up in the clouds."

"I think I've got some bottles of fuel in the bag, too. Shame we didn't bring the motor. Might have been able to jury rig something if we could get a boat."

Check bag for fuel bottles. Also, check my cigarettes and lighter! Are they okay? If not, melodramatically fall to my knees and shout "Nooo!" to the skies.
You've got a few bottles of fuel and booze, yep. Also your cigs and lighter are fine. Water tight bag that you held in your mouth.

"Pass me a jar, will you?"

Talky, get a jar.
I don't think we have empty jars.

Dive straight in/b]
You dive straight into the water swim around, trying to catch some of the fish things.
[6]
You manage to get several of them, stabbing them with your beak and then depositing them back on shore. As you drop off your third fish, a giant hand grabs you and hauls you up out of the water. It's one of the lupine creatures and he's barking about something.

Interpret, then join the others.
"He says you shouldn't do that. The spirits of the dead reside in those waters."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 26, 2015, 10:23:10 am »

"Well! What now?"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 26, 2015, 01:13:03 pm »

- Okay people, let's talk about where are we going next. So far it seems like we have three options. Option one - back to the hellway and further along it, which sounds painfully frustrating to me after all the trouble we had getting down here. Option two: get a boat somehow - trade it or something - and sail down the river. Option three - get supplies and go across the steppe. While the last one sounds extremely boring, it is the safest way, if we prepare accordingly. Because both river and hellway will lead us past Failures - and those, whatever they are, are pretty fucking dangerous from what I saw.
So lf you have something else to propose, please do, and if not, let's vote.

And, penguin fellow, thank you very much for your effort, but let us not fuck around with locals. They are peaceful for now, but let us not try their patience.

Vote Steppe
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #769 on: August 26, 2015, 02:20:30 pm »

((You can always go kill god.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #770 on: August 26, 2015, 02:32:57 pm »

((You can always go kill god.))
It's both awesome AND will result in the wait list getting shorter. Win win!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 26, 2015, 02:55:21 pm »

Xan: propose killing god.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #772 on: August 26, 2015, 03:13:01 pm »

Xan: propose killing god.
And leading the lupine creatures to a glorious communist revolution against their own god. They'll certainly have no problem with that.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 26, 2015, 03:24:03 pm »

((Until that action is either declined by Xan or approved by PW, John's not reacting to that. Should it be an actual action, John would just add another option to the poll, hoping nobody would vote for that.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 26, 2015, 03:41:42 pm »

Vote steppe.

((By the way- Hyenakles was going to empty one of the fuel jars, and fill it with berries. I don't think anyone's going to let me do that, though.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 26, 2015, 03:58:13 pm »

"I wonder if the locals have a map of the Steppe. Preferably with notes on the locations of any obstacles that can't handle my girth."

+1 Steppe, if we get a map. Also, empty one of the fuel bottles and give it to Hyenakles.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 26, 2015, 04:07:12 pm »

"I wonder if the locals have a map of the Steppe. Preferably with notes on the locations of any obstacles that can't handle my girth."

- What obstacles? That's a steppe for chrissa.. wow-wow-wow, I need that fuel! I eat that!
Sigs

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #777 on: August 26, 2015, 04:10:00 pm »

((Until that action is either declined by Xan or approved by PW, John's not reacting to that. Should it be an actual action, John would just add another option to the poll, hoping nobody would vote for that.))
((Why not? I may have made that suggestion as a joke, but it's actually viable if you work on it.

You just have to manipulate them, playing on their inferiority complex. Tell them that their current existence, living and dying while accomplishing nothing, cannot continue. Don't they want to know why their God hates them? Don't they think they deserve an explanation, a chance to stop being failures? What other purpose could their current existence have if not to end, one way or another? It is the most logical thing. Either they will win, proving their worth or they'll lose but prove to their God they are worthy of acceptance or at least an answer or if they fight well enough they'll prove themselves worthy enough to exterminate.

Or something like that. The key to manipulation is adapting your approach to your audience and their reactions, playing it by ear.

Sell the story good enough and you've got a nice army of cannon fodder. If the god is too powerful, you just run away as fast as possible and let them die. If you win, congratulations, you are now the leader of a tribe and a heaven. And who knows what other wondrous rewards that could give you...

I am now tempted to make a character good at manipulating others.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 26, 2015, 04:23:23 pm »

one more vote for steppe here

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 26, 2015, 04:40:10 pm »

-snip-

((That could be something Xan would probably be interested in doing, but for John it is just a thing that holds him down. He has plenty of fuel right now and wants to get going especially bad.))
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 241