Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334343 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Mobile Home
« Reply #1050 on: September 26, 2015, 02:58:02 am »

- Let's give a jeep some last miles to ride. Besides, they could freak out about the beast and ruin the trading mood. Then again, we could smash them completely with it and pillage the remains... No. Nonono, that's the aura of the dead soldiers speaking, we're not doing that.

"You'd best follow along anyway, good chap. After all, the steppe is very wide and great, and we might not be able to find you again if we go to trade! Why, at night I managed to fly off and completely lose my way. I don't imagine daytime will be that much more charitable to my sense of direction. Rather awful, actually, that the magnetic fields seem so misaligned in here. Could have used those to orient myself! But alas!"

Perch. Soliloquize.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: September 26, 2015, 03:16:13 am »

"Grar RAr grak"
waddle around the place looking impressive after that miserable embarrasment, use flame breath to show off to anyone we meet
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 26, 2015, 10:03:24 am »

"Sounds good to me. Maybe we could capture a couple of them, since they seem to know the area."
- Let us stick to trading. We have plenty of goods we can exchange. I shouldn't have brought up the bloody variant. I don't know what's got into me.
"You said it, not me. The point still stands; we could use a guide or two."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: September 26, 2015, 01:07:29 pm »

- Okay, we got the general idea, if everyone ate now let's get rolling.

Get to the car and start it up. Be sure 10 spears and 4 swords are packed in the trunk, the fuel tank is full and there is some in jerry can as well. Get to Lupine. I expect Hyenakles and Mr. Bird to join me, maybe just Mr. Bird, for translation purposes.

((My internet is bad, I'll post scarcely till monday evening.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: September 26, 2015, 01:11:53 pm »

"Ah well, if you insist. Though I would ask the others to steer the beast in the village direction if we happen to not return in due time, if only for safety's sake."

Follow John on his path to the lupine village.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: September 26, 2015, 01:43:19 pm »

Quickly eat some of the monkey, before following John. Bring my companion Deer Shank, of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 27, 2015, 03:24:03 pm »

guard the beast. With that I mean do some dancing on the highest platform as I look out for trouble.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1057 on: September 28, 2015, 09:30:19 am »

"Remember that translucent plant I picked up on the side of the road? Look at it now."

- Huh. Impressive. Those lupine fellows said it was being forgotten, and you have put some thought into it, huh? It changed a little, the form of its leaves or something, I haven't figured it out. Do you have impact on it?

Witness the plant! Maybe it can grow some satchels filled with flammable fluid every so often which could serve as a self-defence weapon for it (something reaches for the plant - plant fires up a satchel and scares the beast away) or as nitro fuel for me?
Also, from now on every so often remember how Xan's arm is regrowing itself into something capable of flamethrowing somehow.

"As for rides, sure, why not? Especially atop this marvelous beastie."

- Let's give a jeep some last miles to ride. Besides, they could freak out about the beast and ruin the trading mood. Then again, we could smash them completely with it and pillage the remains... No. Nonono, that's the aura of the dead soldiers speaking, we're not doing that.

[1]
The plant now actively resists doing that or anything like that.

[4]
Well you can certainly think about that, but I doubt it will do anything. At least not as things are.

"So we're trading with the lupine and then killing them afterwards to spread legends of us? I can dig it." Tarmac says as he approaches, having only heard parts of the conversation.

Go eat if hungry.
You chew on some monkey.

Sounds like a innuendo but I'm not sure for what.

"Grar RAr grak"
waddle around the place looking impressive after that miserable embarrasment, use flame breath to show off to anyone we meet
[1]
You fall over onto your back and squawk pitifully as you struggle to get back up.

guard the beast. With that I mean do some dancing on the highest platform as I look out for trouble.
Dancing on the beast, do do do do!

- Okay, we got the general idea, if everyone ate now let's get rolling.

Get to the car and start it up. Be sure 10 spears and 4 swords are packed in the trunk, the fuel tank is full and there is some in jerry can as well. Get to Lupine. I expect Hyenakles and Mr. Bird to join me, maybe just Mr. Bird, for translation purposes.

((My internet is bad, I'll post scarcely till monday evening.))
"Ah well, if you insist. Though I would ask the others to steer the beast in the village direction if we happen to not return in due time, if only for safety's sake."

Follow John on his path to the lupine village.
Quickly eat some of the monkey, before following John. Bring my companion Deer Shank, of course.

I'm sure this will go well.

Lets say you make it aaaaall the way back to the path down into the canyon.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 28, 2015, 12:56:09 pm »

- I. Fucking. Forgot. Forgot about damn canyon. But then again, we don't have to move Tarmac around this time. So listen up, here's the plan. We come down with swords and spears and stand back juuust before lupine encampment. Then Mr. Bird and me come up to them and tell them we found some long dead soldiers of that conquering emperor, a scout squad or whatnot, and they had some weapons on them we don't really need and would like to trade. If they react alright to that statement, Hyenakles waltzes in with our goodies. From there we wing it.
If the bastards don't want to trade, well, we return atop the Warbeast and make them regret that. Sound good?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1059 on: September 28, 2015, 02:47:04 pm »

- I. Fucking. Forgot. Forgot about damn canyon. But then again, we don't have to move Tarmac around this time. So listen up, here's the plan. We come down with swords and spears and stand back juuust before lupine encampment. Then Mr. Bird and me come up to them and tell them we found some long dead soldiers of that conquering emperor, a scout squad or whatnot, and they had some weapons on them we don't really need and would like to trade. If they react alright to that statement, Hyenakles waltzes in with our goodies. From there we wing it.
If the bastards don't want to trade, well, we return atop the Warbeast and make them regret that. Sound good?

hehe and I'm pretty sure I reminded you of that fact back when you first started talking about selling the jeep to them.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: September 28, 2015, 03:10:17 pm »

hehe and I'm pretty sure I reminded you of that fact back when you first started talking about selling the jeep to them.
((You probably did. I was kinda carried away OOC-wise for the last week or so. I think we'll trade them the weapons for now, maybe Hyenakles will roll his trade skills good and we'll be good. Otherwise we'll just return with what we've got and John will roll with any plan that gets party unstuck because we clearly need some action to get that waitlist cycling.))
Sigs

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 28, 2015, 03:14:27 pm »

"So how long have you been around, anyways? Were you created or born, or a reincarnated soul?"

More Engine Spirit talky stuff.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 28, 2015, 03:19:55 pm »

Sit down and gaze at the landscape. Hum a little tune

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 28, 2015, 04:41:20 pm »

"Ah, yes. You climb down with the stuff, I shall glide down like the magnificent beast I am and introduce the important details to the fellows, presumably timing it just right for you to reveal some wonderful weaponry to trade with. Sounds like a plan!"

Fly over to some more moneyed-looking lupine acquaintances and ask them if they would be in the market for some fine imperial weaponry. Perhaps they could use it to make amazing boats or something.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1064 on: September 28, 2015, 04:49:29 pm »

((You probably did. I was kinda carried away OOC-wise for the last week or so. I think we'll trade them the weapons for now, maybe Hyenakles will roll his trade skills good and we'll be good. Otherwise we'll just return with what we've got and John will roll with any plan that gets party unstuck because we clearly need some action to get that waitlist cycling.))
((Kill this place's god! You know you want to. You can use metal to climb the shredder clouds and reach him.))
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 241