Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335783 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1380 on: November 16, 2015, 10:45:49 am »

((OOC: Bump))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: November 16, 2015, 10:58:55 am »

((Piecewise is busy with his studies now. He said that he'll get a break tomorrow. Just you wait.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: November 17, 2015, 09:58:47 am »

((Piecewise is busy with his studies now. He said that he'll get a break tomorrow. Just you wait.))

((Oh, OK.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1383 on: November 17, 2015, 02:40:47 pm »

((From now on, call me Lieutenant Dan John :P))

That's it. I'm not going anywhere now. I'm done for. I CAN'T KEEP GOING ON THE ROAD WITHOUT MY LEGS!

Thoughts of this sort are the only ones in his head for a couple of moments, those few seconds after the impact he had before the initial shock stepped down to give room for all the agonising pain. After a series of incoherent screams, the first word to be said more or less distinctively is followed immediately by an action.

- AAAARGHMOTHERFUCKER! - John screams, incapacitated. I'm assuming everything from the knees down is a oil-bloody burnt mess now, right? While still on the ground, he rolls over to his back and keeps firing up at snakes. With his free hand he does his best to gesture  something like "stand down" to others.

((Hey Comrade, might I please bug you for fanart of Tarmac ' s last stand? I think it'd be neat to have, but I don't want you to do it if you don't feel like it.))
Is that rage? Is that desperation? Is that a fearful countenance on the face of a man who just blew up a demigod? Hmm.

I hate to hold off, but I have to ask, the rest of you traveling with John, assuming you saw this, what would you think of his last attempts to fight back before the snakes come down on him?

Do you have faith?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: November 17, 2015, 03:07:29 pm »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: November 17, 2015, 04:20:50 pm »

Xankarvo has many things toward John. Anger, the unending constant always with him. Envy. Distant approval for the competent actions he's done. Gratitude and yet unreasoning rage for possibly stealing HIS grudge.
But faith?
In anyone but himself?
No. Not with such a paltry display like this, for a man that has been serving him (from his perspective) for less than a week.
Not in anyone but himself.
He wishes John luck, obviously, because his success directly impacts Xankarvo's own survival, but faith implies subservience, and Xankarvo will never bow to anyone no matter how many limbs he is missing.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1386 on: November 17, 2015, 04:55:52 pm »

Xankarvo has many things toward John. Anger, the unending constant always with him. Envy. Distant approval for the competent actions he's done. Gratitude and yet unreasoning rage for possibly stealing HIS grudge.
But faith?
In anyone but himself?
No. Not with such a paltry display like this, for a man that has been serving him (from his perspective) for less than a week.
Not in anyone but himself.
He wishes John luck, obviously, because his success directly impacts Xankarvo's own survival, but faith implies subservience, and Xankarvo will never bow to anyone no matter how many limbs he is missing.

Faith doesn't really imply subservience, just belief in something regardless of what reality might seem to be.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: November 17, 2015, 05:13:13 pm »

((Lemme rephrase that: does Xankarvo think John might actually pull this one off? Yes would be what PW is asking about, I believe, and everything other than Yes is as good as No in our case.))
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 05:18:13 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: November 17, 2015, 05:20:32 pm »

Do you have faith?

Hyenakles certainly doesn't (or, wouldn't). John's down two legs; the best he can do is take a few Salthe out with him.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: November 17, 2015, 05:38:38 pm »

Oh. In that case yeah, the gun John wields (must steal when he dies) blew up a big rock pillar, and the Salthe are reeling from the loss of their God. Xankarvo certainly believes that John's capable of killing them all.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: November 17, 2015, 05:57:32 pm »

Floating glowing glass orb cannot have faith in John, as it has not met him.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: November 17, 2015, 06:01:25 pm »

((You are not witnessing John. Your opinion is disqualified. Wait just a little longer, chances are you're going to be in the next bunch of yahoos party stumbles upon.))
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 06:04:40 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: November 17, 2015, 06:08:10 pm »

((You are not witnessing John. Your opinion is disqualified. Wait just a little longer, chances are you're going to be in the next bunch of yahoos party stumbles upon.))

((All 0-4 of them that remain by the end, naturally.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1393 on: November 17, 2015, 09:48:01 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHAWpKFtbjo

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: November 18, 2015, 01:56:12 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHAWpKFtbjo

((Eh. Unfortunately I'm not going to be near this epic now. I shot myself in the leg, that's turning the badass degree down significantly. Mediocre.

Now, all the opinions are counted. Let's do this. Super Sayian or super dead!))
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 03:03:10 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 241