Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334405 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1440 on: November 20, 2015, 05:16:25 pm »

"For now let's just see what the next realm brings. For all we know there could be some places we can get prosthetics from."

- My thoughts exactly.

John turns to the wall of fog that is coming in sight already.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: November 20, 2015, 07:42:45 pm »

Hyenakles clears his throat.

"Gun powered by blood, and nobody thought to collect any from the giant fucking heart back there. What a shame.

...Anyway, glad to see you both made it back in- well, that you both made it back. I was worried there for a moment."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: November 21, 2015, 03:39:21 am »

"Gun powered by blood, and nobody thought to collect any from the giant fucking heart back there. What a shame.

- We're not going back. Last time I saw it, this heart was pumping magical sparkles and glitter instead of blood anyway, and all the Salthe that flew away wouldn't be happy to see us return.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: November 21, 2015, 03:43:19 am »

"Good to see you weren't actively wishing for my demise or anything. Not interested in joining my blood pact, I'd guess?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: November 21, 2015, 10:00:31 am »

"I'm not really one for oaths... But I would like to meet God and give him a piece of my mind. Do I actually have to sign anything in blood?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: November 21, 2015, 01:15:43 pm »

"No, I think all we did was mutually shed blood and swear we'd get to the First Heaven whatever came our way. Like cut our hands a bit. We might have killed someone to seal the deal, I'm not sure."
Sig! Onol

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: November 21, 2015, 01:25:28 pm »

"No, I think all we did was mutually shed blood and swear we'd get to the First Heaven whatever came our way. Like cut our hands a bit. We might have killed someone to seal the deal, I'm not sure."

- That last part bothers me. But I think these Salthe I incinerated would do as a sacrificial creatures. And I have also shed some blood recently, so that's also a check.
Before I knew it, I was actually in. Heh.
Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1447 on: November 21, 2015, 04:20:20 pm »

To the other side!

The warbeast charges straight through the fog barrier and into the world beyond it.

The world beyond the pleasing lands of snake evisceration is...well...quite lovely actually. Dark, but not unpleasantly so. The sky is speckled with stars and strange thin filaments of starlight are flowing very slowly across the blue black dome of the heavens. It looks...almost like a pleasantly malfunctioning planetarium. The land is a great field of waist high grass and tall, sunflower like blossoms which glow faintly. There are no hills or mountains, just a flat field stretching off for miles in all directions. The only visible landmark is a large cluster of what appear to be ruins or maybe just large stones off in the distance. There is definite light coming from them as well; bright enough to be a fire or a lantern.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: November 21, 2015, 04:36:28 pm »

((Why my first thought after reading description was "That's too nice, everything must be secretly poisoned or something is lying in wait and wants to catch us off guard".))

- Obvious question: are we calling it a day and getting some sleep or should we investigate that stuff over there? Your call, people.

Inuire if Engine Spirit recalls this place. Probably not, since it doesn't look like much, but they don't charge money for asking here. Take the driver's seat of Warbeast for better view, make it walk slowly towards the glowy ruins.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 08:10:02 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: November 21, 2015, 07:24:04 pm »

"I say we just go see what it is; we're running low on food and water as it is. If we delay too much longer we might start to go hungry."
Sig! Onol

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: November 21, 2015, 10:26:25 pm »

((... Should have grabbed some fruit while you could! :D))
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 22, 2015, 03:33:39 am »

"I say we just go see what it is; we're running low on food and water as it is. If we delay too much longer we might start to go hungry."

- We're not exactly low on those - what we have should last us a few more days, especially now that there are fewer persons who consume those, but yeah, starting to accumulate even more seems like a good idea at this point. Anyone else has something to say?
Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: November 22, 2015, 03:45:25 am »

"I am also eager to get functioning arms and by my reckoning that place is the most likely place here to have replacements."

Speaking of which, try shooting fire again. Only this time try to breathe it! Focus with all my mind and belief that I am capable of shooting flames out of my mouth as scalding as the insults I dish out!

Actually hold on a tic, fire, while mesmerizing and intoxicating and delicious, isn't the key to solving some/all of my problems depending on how far I'm able to abuse it. Xan speaks of of course the infinitely stretchable power of telekinesis! Focus on a small object that's fairly light - a stray pebble or something like that. Make it lift off the platform without touching it. Believe as hard as I can that it's going to lift!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 03:51:10 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: November 22, 2015, 05:53:32 am »

"Looks nice, if a bit flat. Maybe this one doesn't want to eat us. But wait, good chaps, I shall fly and take a look. If I do not return, assume that the place wants us dead."

Reconnaissance! Fly toward the stony ruins and get some visual info from closer up. Return with scouting information once I feel satisfied with my fine work.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:20:56 pm by Harry Baldman »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: November 22, 2015, 01:12:09 pm »

"Assuming Mr. Bird doesn't encounter anything particularly nasty, we might as well scope out those ruins. Perhaps we could have the warbeast begin clearing some of the rubble?"

Wait for Mr. Bird to return
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 241