Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334409 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2640 on: October 10, 2016, 03:45:16 pm »

Can I hear and understand what my compatriots are saying? Specifically that part about my mind being taken over?

If so, Resist! Yell, scream, Yowl, bite my tail, run back and forth, and then lick my paw to soothe my frazzled nerves.

If not, then blather on about how awful the trees here are, and about how getting wet is bad, and about howThe things in the deep are rising up to consume our souls.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: October 11, 2016, 12:47:40 am »

"When someone asks if you're a god, you say YES?!"
I'm closer to the edge of this place than the other people at the center, and I have good hearing. Can I hear sebastian's blather?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: October 11, 2016, 12:57:32 am »

Xankarvo nods in contemplation.

"Yes, I've experienced the effects to an extent myself, and what you've said corrobates with what I've read. How did you create your ... children? I know of their utilization of their belief - they call it the Voice of the People, and it apparently wields great power through the force of concentrated belief. An interesting example of ritual effectively utilized."

"You become in these hells what people believe you to be. The larger number of people, the bigger the change. If you want to be a god, you make a story and spread it. Just be prepared for it to spiral out of your hands."

Of course, there may be ways around that, but that's not something I'm telling anyone.

Questioning! Specifically, how'd he make those scarred guys?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: October 11, 2016, 06:30:20 am »

((What about my post?))
Ain't nobody got time for that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: October 11, 2016, 08:21:39 am »

((What about my post?))
((Clearly pw missed it. Remember to add big bolded this is question for NPC note to your post.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2645 on: October 12, 2016, 09:43:19 am »

Flap wings and suddenly regain consciousness.

Ponder current situation as I circle above the Most-Beautiful's crib.

Current situation? Well, one of your teammates is shouting nonsense while several more talk to a god. Oh and the Hyena man is cooking foot while the deathclaw and his tag along seem hell bent on burning down the forest. You resist the urge to mutter something about murderhobos because, fitting as it is, you realize that expecting anything but murder out of a beast called a "Deathclaw" is probably folly.

"See? This forest is clearly evil! It has taken over his mind!"

The forest will burn. Like seriously!

"Oh, shut up." Hyenakles growls.

Smack Sebastian upside the head with the butt of my rifle. Then, run like hell back to the warbeast.
Can I hear and understand what my compatriots are saying? Specifically that part about my mind being taken over?

If so, Resist! Yell, scream, Yowl, bite my tail, run back and forth, and then lick my paw to soothe my frazzled nerves.

If not, then blather on about how awful the trees here are, and about how getting wet is bad, and about howThe things in the deep are rising up to consume our souls.

[6][5]
Hyenankles swings the butt of his rifle at Sebastian's head and Sebastian immediately bites down on it. The effect is that sebastian is now silent, his mouth wrapped around the rifle stock. He stays attached to the stock as Hyenankles legs it towards the warbeast.

"See? This forest is clearly evil! It has taken over his mind!"

The forest will burn. Like seriously!
[2]
Hyenankles douses his fire before running away. Aw. Spoil sport.

Take advantage of my advantageous position and inspect the water. Any aquatic wildlife to be seen in there?
There are some lovely looking silvery scaled fish swimming around in the pool the god is sitting in. They swim near him but seem to avoid touching him.

I'm closer to the edge of this place than the other people at the center, and I have good hearing. Can I hear sebastian's blather?
You hear some muted yelling that sharply cuts off. When you look...well sonar back in that direction you see hyenankles running away.

Xankarvo nods in contemplation.

"Yes, I've experienced the effects to an extent myself, and what you've said corrobates with what I've read. How did you create your ... children? I know of their utilization of their belief - they call it the Voice of the People, and it apparently wields great power through the force of concentrated belief. An interesting example of ritual effectively utilized."

"You become in these hells what people believe you to be. The larger number of people, the bigger the change. If you want to be a god, you make a story and spread it. Just be prepared for it to spiral out of your hands."

Of course, there may be ways around that, but that's not something I'm telling anyone.

Questioning! Specifically, how'd he make those scarred guys?

"I made them, at least the first of them, in the usual way. I fear my original children are all long gone by now. Perhaps grandchildren now live. Great grandchildren? I've stopped counting the number of times the sun has crossed overhead. Age and seclusion dull the mind to the passage of time."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: October 12, 2016, 10:44:05 am »

Eyes to the horizon! Anything wicked coming this way?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: October 12, 2016, 10:50:38 am »

"Hmm. Something's going on back at the beast. Let me go check that out."
Fly back to the hyena and attempt to extract from it the current situation.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: October 12, 2016, 11:14:46 am »

Hang tight! Ears back, all my pointy bits (claws, teeth) dig into that rifle. I don't want to be the vessel of a dark god, consumed by its unending hunger for expansion, dominance, and corruption.

Also, I'll try to let go and not get smashed if Hyenakles tries to smash me into something, or to break my teeth with the rifle.

Also, I am stil not sure how aware I am of what's happening, so I'll just shut "The big dogman has become a tree! They are coming for your souls! Resist, resist!"

I know that is slightly contradictory, but that's Sebastian's current state of mind, provided he has a mind left at all.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: October 12, 2016, 01:27:44 pm »

"The usual - oh."

Xankarvo glances around, noticing things starting to happen.

"It appears time may be growing short. I don't know if danger approaches or what have you, so I'll ask one last question: do you know where the First Heaven is?"

Xankarvo's face is deliberately set in a steady expression.

Ask. If he doesn't know, tell him what the First Heaven is. Spread the story. That's what's ultimately important.
Sig! Onol

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: October 12, 2016, 03:10:08 pm »

Attempt to shake off the cat as I run. If my possessed friend hasn't fallen off or calmed down by the time I've made it to the warbeast, discharge and jettison the rifle towards the ground as I climb.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: October 13, 2016, 01:28:44 am »

Ryan walks dejectedly back to the warbeast, getting himself lifted up. He scans around looking for something to hunt. Or something he can use to burn the forest down without being stopped.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2652 on: October 16, 2016, 12:14:48 pm »

Eyes to the horizon! Anything wicked coming this way?
On the distant horizon there is a slight glow, like the glow of a sunset, but concentrated into a smaller area.

"Hmm. Something's going on back at the beast. Let me go check that out."
Fly back to the hyena and attempt to extract from it the current situation.
[3]
You float back down to the Hyena man and shout at him to stop what he's doing.

He does not.

Hang tight! Ears back, all my pointy bits (claws, teeth) dig into that rifle. I don't want to be the vessel of a dark god, consumed by its unending hunger for expansion, dominance, and corruption.

Also, I'll try to let go and not get smashed if Hyenakles tries to smash me into something, or to break my teeth with the rifle.

Also, I am stil not sure how aware I am of what's happening, so I'll just shut "The big dogman has become a tree! They are coming for your souls! Resist, resist!"

I know that is slightly contradictory, but that's Sebastian's current state of mind, provided he has a mind left at all.

[4]

You cling tightly to the rifle and shout "MHFM MRF HMFH SHEMF KEAR GAH" your words muffled due to the gun butt in your mouth.

Attempt to shake off the cat as I run. If my possessed friend hasn't fallen off or calmed down by the time I've made it to the warbeast, discharge and jettison the rifle towards the ground as I climb.
You run to the warbeast, all while swinging your rifle around like a madman.
[1]
You lose hold of the rifle mid-swing and it goes sailing off and lands in the stream.
Ryan walks dejectedly back to the warbeast, getting himself lifted up. He scans around looking for something to hunt. Or something he can use to burn the forest down without being stopped.
You get back on top of the war beast, muttering about ruined chances for pyromantic bliss.

"The usual - oh."

Xankarvo glances around, noticing things starting to happen.

"It appears time may be growing short. I don't know if danger approaches or what have you, so I'll ask one last question: do you know where the First Heaven is?"

Xankarvo's face is deliberately set in a steady expression.

Ask. If he doesn't know, tell him what the First Heaven is. Spread the story. That's what's ultimately important.

"The first heaven?" The Most Beautiful repeats, gazing into the sky, "No one has ever found the center of this place, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was up there. I don't think this place is a flat plane extending infinitely; I think it's an ever expanding Series of concentric spheres with the true origin in the center."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: October 16, 2016, 02:11:25 pm »

Sebastian shakes himself off, picks up the gun, and wades back out of the stream, carrying the gun to the warbeast, yelling "You dropped this! And me! We need all hands to fight the demon of the trees! Stand, brothers, Stand against the infection. Do not yield to the encroaching vegetative corruption! Stand and be free!" And then I will turn and fire the gun at the forest.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: October 16, 2016, 03:20:51 pm »

"That would make sense given the nature of universes back in the mortal realm," Xankarvo muses. "I swore a blood oath at one point or another in the past to find the place, and now I am the last member of that pact who has not died and reincarnated elsewhere. My followers accompany me on this quest for reasons of their own - safety in numbers for the most part. Tell me, are you interested in finding the origin point of these hells and heavens?"

Recruit a god perhaps?
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 241