Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335769 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Lost gods and Unspoken histories
« Reply #2790 on: November 10, 2016, 05:28:46 pm »

"What happened? Did I win?"

Sebastian will listen to anyone who tells him the story, and then will embellish and repeat the story to the whole group, and to anyone else who will listen. He will insist that he won, somehow, maybe by having a mind battle with the evil trees in the darkness of the void. He'll also try not to bleed too much.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2791 on: November 11, 2016, 04:06:55 pm »

Scamper down over to Xan and complain about lack of edible corpse.

"Where's his corpse? I wanted to eat it!"
You sniff around, looking for a delicious heart to eat, but find nothing but hot glass, a swiss cheese'd god, and Xan poking said god with a stick.

Hrmph

Scamper down over to Xan and complain about lack of edible corpse.

"Where's his corpse? I wanted to eat it!"
"Perhaps you'll find it later."

Xan focuses his attention on the Most-Beautiful.

"Judging by your expression I take it that you aren't in any danger of dying at the moment?"

More talking? Yeah, more talking.

Also refasten the cape. Gotta look cool.

You put your cape back on and talk to the Most Beautiful. He shifts an eye to you.

"For the moment." He says, sitting up and looking at his stumps. "Though not without consequence. It seems I may live to fight another day."

Land nearby to check who's alive and who has bones they don't need anymore.
You, much like your deathclaw brother in Carrion loving are disappointed to find that there is nothing left of the herald to be eaten. Not unless you like hot glass.

Start making the journey back to the Warbeast.
You walk back to the warbeast, which has manage to shake itself free of whatever was bewitching it. It plucks you up and places you on the deck.

Go back and prod the god-dude.

"That was rather amazing.  Thanks again for the blessing!"
You trundle over to the Most Beautiful, silently wondering if there's some sort of dino skateboard you can get that will make all this waddling around easier.

"What happened? Did I win?"

Sebastian will listen to anyone who tells him the story, and then will embellish and repeat the story to the whole group, and to anyone else who will listen. He will insist that he won, somehow, maybe by having a mind battle with the evil trees in the darkness of the void. He'll also try not to bleed too much.
Hmm, well no one is responding to you so I can only assume you insistently pull on hyenankle's arm, begging him to tell you whats going on.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: November 11, 2016, 05:01:17 pm »

Mr. Bird performs a cursory examination of the godlike chap what got himself stabbed.

"Say! That looks quite painful there. Is it going to last, do you think? Or are you likely to reassemble at a point when nobody's looking? I'm a little new to this theomechanics business, you see."

Query on whether being the Most Beautiful applies to this guy by default or necessarily by belief - would him being called and known by that name maintain his beauty? Can you maintain a subjective thing like that? Or does that mean that he shifts to match the eye of the beholder? If that's the case, is it possible that he could turn into a rather wonderful-looking bearded vulture if none of these other yobs were watching?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: November 11, 2016, 05:32:04 pm »

"I'd offer to help, but my power works off of sacrifice, and at the moment I've nothing and no one I'm willing to destroy. Instead, I would like some answers, seeing as the present threat is over. Who was that? I'm currently assuming he was some sort of herald for the Great Conquering King that I've previously heard mention of as having built the Hellway. You evidently have some sort of history with him?"

Yep, more questions.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: November 11, 2016, 06:04:32 pm »

Continue tagging along. Maybe acquire a crutch.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2795 on: November 11, 2016, 06:12:26 pm »

((Hey, Xan, did you notice something interesting about how Most Beautiful fought? Wasn't it very similar to your abilities? Sacrifice through burning to gain power?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: November 11, 2016, 06:21:11 pm »

((There were only superficial similarities. The burning was of his opponent, and it was powered by his song and that of the tribes. His song ground their enemies to dust and all that. The fact that his arm got burnt off is more because of him protecting his people from those star bombs the Herald fired.

Ultimately his powers are based around song and myth he nurtured in the tribes, and mine seem to be forming into an exaggerated form of thermodynamics - I take energy out of one thing and put it into another.))
Sig! Onol

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: November 11, 2016, 07:54:20 pm »

((There were only superficial similarities. The burning was of his opponent, and it was powered by his song and that of the tribes. His song ground their enemies to dust and all that. The fact that his arm got burnt off is more because of him protecting his people from those star bombs the Herald fired.

Ultimately his powers are based around song and myth he nurtured in the tribes, and mine seem to be forming into an exaggerated form of thermodynamics - I take energy out of one thing and put it into another.))
((You seem to be the only character who is developing any sort of skill, talent, or strength.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: November 11, 2016, 07:56:27 pm »

Exit the foetal position, come out of hiding and look around.
Give the cat a big hug to express my joy at his (and my, for that matter!) continued survival.

((Fakeedit: We're just Xan's entourage. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: November 11, 2016, 08:07:08 pm »

((You seem to be the only character who is developing any sort of skill, talent, or strength.))
((Seems to be the nature of the setting - those who are already in prominence grow in it. Sorry :/

Although I think it's mostly because Xan's been around the longest out of everyone here, which gains him some reputation, has killed a ton of people by setting them on fire, which because they reincarnate means their belief in how they were killed strengthens him, and utilizes his growing powers however he can in the most spectacular manner possible. I think this stuff works kinda on an exponential curve almost - the more powerful you are the more people believe you're powerful which makes you more powerful which lets you more easily convince people you're more powerful which in turn makes you more powerful which ... etc. I just got a head start on y'all due to outliving my former companions, which lends me a bigger and bigger lead on our various transformations and powers.))
Sig! Onol

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: November 11, 2016, 11:17:05 pm »

"I'd offer to help, but my power works off of sacrifice, and at the moment I've nothing and no one I'm willing to destroy."
"Oh! I kept the cat fresh, by the way. On an unrelated topic."
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: November 11, 2016, 11:45:36 pm »

"I'd offer to help, but my power works off of sacrifice, and at the moment I've nothing and no one I'm willing to destroy."
"Oh! I kept the cat fresh, by the way. On an unrelated topic."
"I appreciate the input, but the situation isn't that urgent. Plus the cat can still be of use, he's good at telling and exaggerating stories. I've ideas."
Sig! Onol

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: November 12, 2016, 12:03:34 am »

"*sigh*, I don't know what's real anymore."
Lie down on the deck.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: November 12, 2016, 12:05:46 am »

"We're dead and this is the afterlife. Pretty sure that means nothing around here is real, at least in the sense of the 'real world'."
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: November 12, 2016, 02:04:46 am »

Ryan hasn't been around long enough to really understand dangers of hot glass, so he bites a piece of it anyway.
After that he goes bother The Most Beautiful and asks in his most innocent tone:
"Can I have your heart?"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:34:26 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 241