Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: Immortalitytower; We Live, We Die, We Live Again.  (Read 86371 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Immortalitytowers, the Fortress of the Damned
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2015, 08:51:53 pm »

Not that.  It's the fact that the game only takes up one quarter of the whole terminal window, which is what is being enlarged.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2015, 10:17:51 pm »

Interestingly, the same happens to me during the beginning video thing, and for the adventure mode travel map. It fixes itself otherwise, though.

If your problem lies in not seeing enough of the fort, there's a handy new zoom feature controlled by the scrollwheel.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Askarn

• Bay Watcher
  • We must not allow a mineshaft gap
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2015, 07:13:28 am »

I'd like to be dwarfed. Blacksmith of some kind if possible, alternatively militia-fodder works.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2015, 11:03:19 am »

I'd like to be dwarfed. Blacksmith of some kind if possible, alternatively militia-fodder works.
Will do, will do...

Also, I'm a tad busy right now, but don't worry all, I'll be back to you with the summer update probably today.

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2015, 08:35:12 pm »

Journal of TheCheeseMaker

13 Slate 203

I remember the fire. I remember the screaming.  I remember the hill I stood on as I watched my home consumed by an endless night. 

But I was not a part of it...

I have very few memories of my previous life. My name, my family, my friends, nothing but faint flashes in my dreams.

But I do remember Him. 

He who saved me from destruction, the great giant, who devours all things. He turned to me and smiled.  In a flash I was whisked away and arrived here, in this world.

I do not know who I am, but I know my purpose. I am TheCheeseMaker, servant of the Devourer, messenger of the blood god, slave of Armok.

I am here because Armok has burdened me with a glorious purpose: to bring to pass Armok's true vision of a perfect world.

While most believe Armok to crave destruction, his smile revealed to me his approval of my trade. My purpose is to do His will by tirelessly creating cheese for this world.

I am TheCheeseMaker. Armok's will be done.

CHEESE FOR THE CHEESE GOD! CHEESE FOR THE CHEESE GOD! ALL HAIL THE GREAT CHEESE MAKER!
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2015, 09:03:05 pm »

Let me analize this new religious doctrine with all the cleverness and wits that my dwarf can muster...

*drools*
*converts*

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2015, 11:49:16 am »

Overseer log of Maskwolf, broker
1 Hematite 203
A kobold was discovered sneaking around today by two of our blind archers.  Not sure entirely how they noticed it, but noticed it was.

5 Hematite 203
Another cloud of infernal dust has drifted nearby.  I’m honestly not sure what the big deal is with those kinds of things, but the others tell me we should stay well away from the things.  I was all for sending one of our fisherdwarves into it to test its affects, but Asmoth convinced me that that would not be a good idea.  A good day for fisherdwarves, a bad day for science.

12 Hematite 203
One of the young children went into seclusion today, hiding herself off in a corner and watching everyone.  Over the centuries, we’ve recognized this as the onset of a strange mood, so we have cleared out of her way to allow her to find whatever workshop they desire.

20 Hematite 203
Well apparently we didn’t have a craftsdwarf’s workshop for the child to use for their project.  This has since been remedied, and the child took over the workshop.

24 Hematite 203
The child started work on their project today, using a hunk of cinnabar and bones from one of the wild boars that was killed a while back.

1 Malachite 203
A new month, and with it, our first artifact!  Tangakakur, the cinnabar trumpet, was completed today by our child prodigy.  Congratulations.

4 Malachite 203
What… the hell?  Today both of our rangers (and a stray kitten) were found dead in various parts of the fortress, and nobody is entirely sure what killed them.  Neither of them were killed by a vampire, though, that’s for sure.  I guess we’ll just chalk it up to the mists and be done with it, because all of us are baffled about what this is.

16 Malachite 203
More migrants arrived today!  There are only two I really cared to get to know: Iamblichos, our new axedwarf militia captain, and Askarn, the new blacksmith.

17 Malachite 203
…What?  Another random death, this time an engraver.  I’m guessing it has something to do with either those clouds or the rain, but… I got caught in the rain and didn’t die, so it’s probably the clouds.  Dunno.  In other news, Asmoth has been elected mayor, which means he gets to boss us around all he wants.  That’s fine, I guess, although I’m sure he’ll want better quarters now…

27 Malachite 203
Asmoth wants us to make him a buckler.  Why?  Nobody knows.  But a buckler he wants, and a buckler he shall have.

28 Galena 203
Autumn is about to arrive, and with it the time to do something about our meager food stockpiles.  We don’t have anywhere near the amount of food or the production capacity to meet the needs of all the dwarves in our fortress, and it is time to remedy that.

Personal journal of Maskwolf, broker
1 Hematite 203
Work on the project has reached the first cavern layer, or at least the first cavern layer we have struck so far.  This discovery is being kept a secret from the rest of the fortress, as the cavern has nothing of any interest in it beyond tetrahedrite, and we already have plenty of that.  There has been a slight adjustment to the mining pattern to account for the cavern.

4 Hematite 203
The project has struck the final cavern layer, and I have heard that there is a large pool of magma extending up from the magma sea located there.  Another slight adjustment has been made to account for the cavern’s interference.

20 Hematite 203
Despite my best efforts at searching, adamantine remains elusive as I search the magma sea.  I will continue the search later, but in the meantime I need to get some other projects dug out.  The search for adamantine will have to wait.

2 Malachite 203
Well that’s an interesting phenomenon… Apparently the clouds of infernal dust can form in the magma sea.  I’m wondering if there is a way we can turn this to our advantage…

3 Malachite 203
Praise the miners!  The exploratory shafts ran across adamantine completely by accident, not even by piercing the magma sea to find it.  I have commissioned some preliminary work to determine the extent of the adamantine spire we have found.

5 Malachite 203
Our digging appears to show that we have hit the top of the adamantine spire, which means that this level should be safe to dig out.  However, I have not ordered its extraction yet, because it would not suit our plans for such a material to be dug out.  If one of the miners even snuck one nugget back into the fortress, the entire secret project could be compromised.

20 Malachite 203
The digging-out of the area around the adamantine pillar has been completed, with the adamantine remaining untouched.  Due to some information gained from this project, I have expanded the searching operations on the level above slightly to see if what we found is indeed the top of the adamantine vein.

24 Malachite 203
Further work has shown that what we found is not, in fact, the upper level.  Interesting.  However, there are other projects that need to be completed, and the adamantine mines sealed off from the tunnels.  Even if someone were to find the tunnels, the mines are off-limits to all dwarves.

13 Galena 203
The secret mines have been sealed.  Nobody is allowed in or out of them, and a wall has been constructed over the former entrance in case anyone stumbles across it.  All work that needs to be done has been done.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2015, 06:29:01 pm »

Well, I guess we can safely conclude that you shouldn't hang around in clouds of infernal dust, then. At least they didn't turn into thralls.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2015, 09:23:11 pm »

Well, I guess we can safely conclude that you shouldn't hang around in clouds of infernal dust, then. At least they didn't turn into thralls.
That's the soundest and most pointless research ever conducted since a team of university scientists spent 15 millions to conclude that ''Yes, indeed, men do like to stare at boobs''.

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2015, 10:02:35 pm »

Woe unto he who refuses the will of The Cheese God, for they shall be smitten (Book of Urist 3:18). Had these poor souls been underground, making cheese, they never would have died. The obvious solution is to convert all industries into those that help produce cheese. If you refuse, only death snd destruction will ensue.
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2015, 10:38:41 pm »

Honestly I have no idea why they died, but there was nothing in the combat logs and the rain, while irritating as fuck, isn't lethal, so the infernal dust clouds seem likely.  Dumbfucks must have run into them gathering wood or something?  I have no idea, I thought I'd forbidden all the wood that was cut in the evil region, but I guess not.

Oh, and I dwarfed Iamblichos, TheCheeseMaker, and Askarn, so I think we're up to date on dwarfings.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2015, 10:40:25 pm »

Honestly I have no idea why they died, but there was nothing in the combat logs and the rain, while irritating as fuck, isn't lethal, so the infernal dust clouds seem likely.  Dumbfucks must have run into them gathering wood or something?  I have no idea, I thought I'd forbidden all the wood that was cut in the evil region, but I guess not.
Probably an insidious syndrom caused by the thing, yeah. Because you couldn't locate any log, we have no idea how many of the affected dwarves were killed, or Armok have mercy on us, if the syndrome can spread...

Better pray and make more cheese!

Fperson1

• Bay Watcher
  • A Distressing Lack of Weaponsmiths
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2015, 10:57:44 pm »

This looks like all sorts of fun to be a part of.

If you guys have an open weaponsmith or miner, I'd like to request a dorfing, name of Fperson.
Upon reflection, I realize that Magma-duct #2 will either work fine, or flood the area that the militia trains.
Go out there and make those 12 children of yours proud... or I'll draft all of them and send a giant ball of your progeny at the enemy if you die. Fun for the whole family!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2015, 11:08:22 pm »

This looks like all sorts of fun to be a part of.

If you guys have an open weaponsmith or miner, I'd like to request a dorfing, name of Fperson.
Yeah hum, your full username seems somewhat appropriate here. Trust me there'll be a number two sooner or later.

Fperson1

• Bay Watcher
  • A Distressing Lack of Weaponsmiths
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2015, 11:23:09 pm »

Yeah hum, your full username seems somewhat appropriate here. Trust me there'll be a number two sooner or later.

I was tempted to ask for Fperson the First, and iterate it upon deaths. Maybe put it in my profession name, Fperson the First Miner, Fperson the Second Corpse Hauler, etc.
Upon reflection, I realize that Magma-duct #2 will either work fine, or flood the area that the militia trains.
Go out there and make those 12 children of yours proud... or I'll draft all of them and send a giant ball of your progeny at the enemy if you die. Fun for the whole family!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35