AMERICA FUCK YEAH (Megabots MK II)
- 15 (18.3%)
GLORIOUS NIPPON (Kuratas)
- 21 (25.6%)
GIANT ROBOTS WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
- 46 (56.1%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Megabots Inc Vs Suidobashi Heavy Industries Giant Robot Duel: ON OCTOBER 17TH  (Read 12030 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:13:21 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

This is a good future.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

AAAAAAW SHIT YES.

There is a god, and he approves of a future with GIANT ROBOTS.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So it looks like Future Century will be the next timeline after Common Era.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Poll added
It's FEF, not FEOF

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

PTW.

Giant robots crossing blades and fists in addition to shooting each other with guns? ITS HAPPENING
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

THE FUTURE IS HERE AND IT IS MORE GLORIOUS THAN COULD HAVE BEEN IMAGINED.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

The hype is real. Can't wait for it.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Guys. There's gonna be melee combat. GET HYYYYYPE.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

This...
GET ALL THE HYPE
ALL OF IT
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

I like the design of the japanese robot better.  Actual design involved.  The american one is... well.. Not nearly as well made.

The japanese company rep's reaction is very much my own as well. and I am an american.

That said, I think both models are quite impractical.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

The American one appeals to me in a sort of 'scrapyard tank' way, but I like the Japanese one better. After all, who doesn't love sleek curves and a full HUD?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

If you want a practical armoured combat vehicle, get a tank. Mechs/mechas/giant robots/exoskeletons are designed to be CARPIN' BADASS, not actually practical in any shape or form.

HYPE
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

The American one appeals to me in a sort of 'scrapyard tank' way, but I like the Japanese one better. After all, who doesn't love sleek curves and a full HUD?
Yeah, I liked the gritty "cobbled together" look in Megabots' build. Something appealing about making new tech with what you have available. Japanese mech looks like a Japanese mech straight outta anime. I actually like the American design more, it's got this whole "function over form" approach to it, while I feel the Japanese mech was going for an "anime" looking mech. I love the Japanese mech's control scheme though, that was pretty clever.

If you want a practical armoured combat vehicle, get a tank. Mechs/mechas/giant robots/exoskeletons are designed to be CARPIN' BADASS, not actually practical in any shape or form.
This style of thinking could actually be detrimental to the future business of GIANT ROBOTS. Why make GIANT ROBOTS when you could make a tank that does everything a GIANT ROBOT could but in a more practical and efficient manner? It wouldn't be a practical business model or investment. GIANT ROBOTS would need to have a clear reason to stand out and be made besides just looking cool.

I think one positive the mechs have going for them are requiring less staffing than a tank. Tanks take several people to drive it and manage everything in it, as far as I know. Both models of mech, the American and Japanese, require just one (Japan) or two (USA) people. Maybe the tanks would be better at tanking while mechs could be made as "shock troopers" loaded with all manner of heavy weaponry.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9