Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220392 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1380 on: August 16, 2015, 04:56:00 am »

What's QQing?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 16, 2015, 04:59:32 am »

'QQ' looks like tears sliding down eyeballs. QQing means crying.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 16, 2015, 05:00:14 am »

QQ is an acronym often used in online communication to signify two crying eyes.

Evilcherry is being very subtle and mature.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: August 16, 2015, 05:00:36 am »

But we're not crying for Christ's sake. If you don't like a discussion, just sit it out, it's not like anyone seems to be interested in talking about treaties, or my sport event idea, or anything else.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 16, 2015, 05:03:01 am »

But we're not crying for Christ's sake. If you don't like a discussion, just sit it out, it's not like anyone seems to be interested in talking about treaties, or my sport event idea, or anything else.
I'm not talking about your sport idea because I like my motor sports idea better. :-\
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 16, 2015, 05:13:38 am »

It's a classic "poisoning the well" strategy. By describing our reactions as petty and childlike, and in some cases even successfully eliciting such a response by acting extremely hostile, they try to discredit us, because it's quite clear now they don't actually have a proper argument.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: August 16, 2015, 05:23:14 am »

i was talking about the treaty before the thread was full of salt and would actually like to return to that

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 16, 2015, 05:29:18 am »

I'm not talking about your sport idea because I like my motor sports idea better. :-\

I meant the idea of having a spin-off forum game where we compete in our sport ideas.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 16, 2015, 05:31:26 am »

I meant the idea of having a spin-off forum game where we compete in our sport ideas.
Nah, don't think it would be fun.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 16, 2015, 05:37:11 am »

i was talking about the treaty before the thread was full of salt and would actually like to return to that

Sure, feel free.

What was the latest iteration?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: August 16, 2015, 05:43:41 am »

Proposed Arstotzka-Moskurg War Treaty
  • The intentional usage of any gaseous or liquid acidic, paralytic, or nerve agent that can directly harm humans on humans is prohibited
  • The intentional usage of any weapon that utilizes harmful natural or engineered diseases that can directly harm humans on humans is prohibited
  • The usage or production of any weapons capable of spreading radioactive contamination over any area is prohibited
  • The mistreatment/excessive interrogation of prisoners is prohibited.
  • All prisoners should have access to a basic cot, three meals a day, and should not be subject to actions including the usage of drugs, waterboarding, cutting/maiming, and/or any other action that could be classified as inhumane
  • The use of immature animals and/or humans (babies, puppies, kittens, etc.) in battle is prohibited

i believe it looked at this

1. point #5 does not specify what happens if for whichever reason the country responsible for imprisonment decides to provide quarters superior to what is written
2. in point #4, it is probable that the
should not be subject to actions including the usage of drugs, waterboarding, cutting/maiming, and/or any other action that could be classified as inhumane
from #5 should be merged with #4, as it constitutes a subset of mistreatment//excessive interrogation
3. suggested creation of highway or railway through contested territories (plains, mountains, jungle) and its destruction being prohibited (vehicles would not be subject to this clause and their destruction, as long as this does not damage the underlying railway/highway, would be allowed)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: August 16, 2015, 05:52:14 am »

After Arstotzka conquers Forenia, I wouldn't mind us taking up the Emperor as our religion and using it as a cassus belli to conquer everyone. He's basically the embodiment of glory, after all.

1. point #5 does not specify what happens if for whichever reason the country responsible for imprisonment decides to provide quarters superior to what is written
2. in point #4, it is probable that the
should not be subject to actions including the usage of drugs, waterboarding, cutting/maiming, and/or any other action that could be classified as inhumane
from #5 should be merged with #4, as it constitutes a subset of mistreatment//excessive interrogation
  • All prisoners must be treated humanely. They must be given at least three meals a day and a cot equivalent or better. It is prohibited to subject prisoners to actions including the usage of drugs, waterboarding, cutting/maiming, and/or any other action that could be classified as inhumane
This good?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: August 16, 2015, 05:53:03 am »

LSP, we're both already creating roads through the jungle.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 16, 2015, 05:55:37 am »

LSP, we're both already creating roads through the jungle.

yes, but i'm thinking of a big ol' demilitarized road for ~official business~ etc.

just toss one up on the plains and have the legit envoys travel through it instead of sneaking through border control or however arstotzka and moskung even talk to one another nowadays

• All prisoners must be treated humanely. They must be given at least three meals a day and a cot equivalent or better. It is prohibited to subject prisoners to actions including the usage of drugs, waterboarding, cutting/maiming, and/or any other action that could be classified as inhumane
    This good?

yeah, pretty solid, throw it in

i want the road in the treaty though

Andres

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1394 on: August 16, 2015, 05:58:40 am »

i want the road in the treaty though
    No. I strongly object to this. If you want to make a treaty where we make a road, it will be a separate treaty. This treaty is exclusively about war crimes.

Glory to Arstotzka.
    Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 159