Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220527 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC
« Reply #1725 on: August 27, 2015, 03:43:18 pm »

Before the turn was posted I was rather sure that Yellowjacket will sweep skies clean and argued against it because I didn't want an "do only one thing good" aircraft.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: August 28, 2015, 01:03:49 am »

Moskurg, are you gonna sign the treaty or not?

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: August 28, 2015, 01:13:55 am »

Glory to Arstotzka.
I still don't see the point of the treaty.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: August 28, 2015, 01:15:26 am »

Glory to Arstotzka.
We have a whole company of Moskurg prisoners. High Command on both sides want us to sign an arms treaty to ensure their safety. Also, the simple point of the treaty is to ensure that neither Arstotzka nor Moskurg do anything to cruel to kill the other. Of course, you could just ignore the orders given to you by your High Command, but that's your choice.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 01:21:37 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: August 28, 2015, 01:20:24 am »

Glory to Arstotzka.
We have a whole company of Moskurg prisoners. High Command on both sides want us to sign an arms treaty to ensure their safety. Also, the simple point of the treaty is to ensure that neither Arstotzka nor Moskurg do anything to cruel to kill the other. Of course, you could just ignore the orders given to you by your High Command, but that's your choice.
This is what I'm talking about—what's the point? In-character, Arstotzka and Moskurg hate each other, so it makes sense for them to be cruel. Out-of-character, why should we impose limits on weapon design? I still don't see how banning a bunch of stuff would make the game more fun.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: August 28, 2015, 02:59:05 am »

Glory to Arstotzka.
This is what I'm talking about—what's the point? In-character, Arstotzka and Moskurg hate each other, so it makes sense for them to be cruel. Out-of-character, why should we impose limits on weapon design? I still don't see how banning a bunch of stuff would make the game more fun.
I think some people have the notion that gas, or WMDs, or possibly other tactics might make the game less fun. Indeed, you could ban anything that makes the game less fun, even if it's not something that was banned in historical treaties- for example, you could make a treaty that forbids the decryption of encrypted communications.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: August 28, 2015, 03:16:17 am »

I actually proposed that anti- decryption article.

Who wants to dig the thread for the latest iteration of the treaty?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1732 on: August 28, 2015, 03:20:30 am »

The latest version of my treaty, minus the non-weapon stuff.
Proposed Arstotzka-Moskurg War Treaty
  • The intentional usage of any gaseous or liquid acidic, paralytic, or nerve agent that can directly harm humans on humans is prohibited
  • The intentional usage of any weapon that utilizes harmful natural or engineered diseases that can directly harm humans on humans is prohibited
  • The usage or production of any weapons capable of spreading radioactive contamination over any area is prohibited

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: August 28, 2015, 04:13:26 am »

Concur - Because we do not want "dump an extra revision to make decryption hard" moves.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: August 28, 2015, 04:23:46 am »

Concur - Because we do not want "dump an extra revision to make decryption hard" moves.
+1

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: August 28, 2015, 04:26:26 am »

The latest version of my treaty, minus the non-weapon stuff.
  • The intentional usage of any gaseous or liquid acidic, paralytic, or nerve agent that can directly harm humans on humans is prohibited
  • The intentional usage of any weapon that utilizes harmful natural or engineered diseases that can directly harm humans on humans is prohibited
  • The usage or production of any weapons capable of spreading radioactive contamination over any area is prohibited
This treaty is goin' through next turn, methinks.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: August 28, 2015, 04:48:37 am »

I don't think there is even one signatory on team Moskurg to that..

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: August 28, 2015, 04:51:45 am »

then, perhaps you guys could make a counterproposal?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: August 28, 2015, 05:01:43 am »

• The intentional usage of any solid, gaseous or liquid acidic, paralytic, or nerve agent that can directly harm humans on humans is prohibited
  • Only the intended recipient of an encoded message is permitted to decode it

I submit this as an amendment to the proposed treaty.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: August 28, 2015, 05:03:03 am »

I don't think there is even one signatory on team Moskurg to that..
Evilcherry is Moskurg. I take it you're voting against, though?
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 159