Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 220394 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Epilogue: A New Constitution for United Forenia
« Reply #2190 on: September 17, 2015, 10:56:58 am »

As a counter-proposal to entirely using the metric system straight off, I would propose a duel system, with metric as the primary system. This is more to ensure that forenian products are able to reach the largest amount of people they can, given that a lot of the world still uses the imperial system.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: September 17, 2015, 11:09:32 am »

There is no single Imperial system. I propose we create a new Forenian Imperial system, where all units have size that make sense in metric (so a 0,5l pint, a 1 km mile, a 500 g pound and so one.)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: September 17, 2015, 11:19:27 am »

I'm pretty sure inches are the same all-round along with feet and such. Introducing a new system would just create even more headaches. Doubly so for the travesty you propose in making the pint smaller!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: September 17, 2015, 11:24:01 am »

There is no single Imperial system. I propose we create a new Forenian Imperial system, where all units have size that make sense in metric (so a 0,5l pint, a 1 km mile, a 500 g pound and so one.)

This system is alright with me, provided the pint remains 0.568L. It seems unusual that we would write our system of measurements into our constitution, but the politicians should have expected this when they invited engineers to help draft it I suppose.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: September 17, 2015, 11:44:58 am »

I find it kinda odd that Moskurg is known for mechanical computers when they where developed by Arstotska... Ahwell.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: September 17, 2015, 11:47:54 am »

Yeah, but then Moskurg is also known for patent theft.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: September 17, 2015, 11:56:13 am »

We developed more computers during the war as well, what with the bumbebee and all.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: September 17, 2015, 12:09:18 pm »

I find it kinda odd that Moskurg is known for mechanical computers when they where developed by Arstotska... Ahwell.
Our computers were utilized for decryption and encryption processes. As such, they were probably hidden as state secrets.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: September 17, 2015, 12:11:02 pm »

The only thing that could be called a computer I see on your list is the AS-DC29 that processes the ciphers the Tiger's Whisper creates. If the DC29 is a computer, then the Tiger's Whisper generating the codes certainly is as well.

Also, targeting calculator stronk.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: September 17, 2015, 12:17:48 pm »

The DC-29 was originally supposed to be a series of computers.

Anyway, the DC-29 is far more complex than the Tiger's Whispher. After all, it has to decode messages without knowing the passcode.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: September 17, 2015, 12:25:20 pm »

The DC-29 was originally supposed to be a series of computers.

Anyway, the DC-29 is far more complex than the Tiger's Whispher. After all, it has to decode messages without knowing the passcode.
Both are mechanical computers. But certainly the Bumblebee is another type of computer. So Moskurg had two. Arstotzka one.

I can also see some serious sports rivalry. Eternal Derby anyone?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: September 17, 2015, 03:51:16 pm »

As a counter-proposal to entirely using the metric system straight off, I would propose a duel system, with metric as the primary system. This is more to ensure that forenian products are able to reach the largest amount of people they can, given that a lot of the world still uses the imperial system.
Absolutely not. The longer we keep the imperial system (even as part of a dual system), the longer we languish in a state of backwards inefficiency.

A third system!? Sweet Mary mother of God have you no decency!?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 10:56:49 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: September 17, 2015, 06:27:13 pm »

I like this
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: September 17, 2015, 09:32:18 pm »

In all honesty, the fact we have to debate over the system of measurement shouldn't be an issue. Literally all it does is just slow the progress on the constitution. Does it REALLY matter whether we keep Metric, Imperial, or this god awful Impmetric or whatever? What role would this possibly play in anything? I just feel like it's a waste of time.

All in all, I am salty.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:41:31 pm by coleslaw35 »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: September 17, 2015, 09:57:09 pm »

You could, if you choose, simply decide that measurement need not be government-regulated, or put to popular (npc) vote.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 159