Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 217

Author Topic: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1935 Production  (Read 152000 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1916 Production
« Reply #300 on: July 27, 2015, 02:40:46 am »

Produce the AS-MC16 and produce our new, upgraded artillery.

Glory to Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 05:00:51 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 27, 2015, 02:52:45 am »

If possible replace old 80mm guns in our tanks used with new 80mm guns, both for new and  existing tanks
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 27, 2015, 02:58:55 am »

If possible replace old 80mm guns in our tanks used with new 80mm guns, both for new and  existing tanks
I forgot to mention! This happens automatically.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Arstotzka: 1916 Revision
« Reply #303 on: July 27, 2015, 03:02:29 am »

Revise the artillery, implementing a hydropneumatic suspension, and a carriage which allows some traverse.

This should allow us to perform a rolling barrage, and let our troops actually get in range to use that SMG.
If we make the SMG simple, we'd be able to arm every soldier and more importantly sell it to Europe. If we don't do it this turn, Germany will release their own SMG at the same time and we'd lose all economic power related to it. With the extra funding, we could have another research facility and get 2 designs each year. That's worth a lot more than hydropneumatic suspension.

EDIT: Didn't see the above post and god damn it.

The GM is never going to give one of the teams 2 design slots and the other 1. It's simply not going to happen. Besides, the german weapon is probably expensive as well.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 27, 2015, 03:45:44 am »

Should we get second oil from machinegun contract I strongly suggest to do something from this list.

1) Design a light biplane to drop bombs on their heads, forcing them to react on this.
2) Design a truck to improve our logistics and get experience in petrol engine before going for complex vehicles
3) Revise our steampowered monster to use petrol engine(s)
4) Design machinegun+mortar motor boats, to harass enemy shores
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 27, 2015, 03:55:00 am »

I don't think revising our steampowered monster to use oil will help much. Sure, it'll free up internal space, but that'll pnly make it more vulnerable as the coal served as armor for the boiler.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 27, 2015, 04:04:38 am »

Should we get second oil from machinegun contract I strongly suggest to do something from this list.

1) Design a light biplane to drop bombs on their heads, forcing them to react on this.
2) Design a truck to improve our logistics and get experience in petrol engine before going for complex vehicles
3) Revise our steampowered monster to use petrol engine(s)
4) Design machinegun+mortar motor boats, to harass enemy shores

1) We don't have the technology to do this and it would likely use more Oil than a car, in which case it would make it even more Expensive.
2) A truck would certainly help with logistics and experience. A good idea, but it may be better to steal Moskurg's petrol engine first depending on whether we get a new spy or not.
3) A tank most certainly uses more Oil than a car and would become more Expensive regardless of whether we're getting more Oil from Antegra or not.
4) The seas are treacherous and whatever we design to traverse it - petrol or coal - has a high chance of failure. If we were to design a boat, mortars and artillery are better choices. Our machine guns don't have good range and from a boat even the Stallion would have trouble.

After we design the trucks, I think we should design a motorcycle. Because motorcycles do not use more Oil than motorcycles, they won't be Expensive. We'd be able to supply one to every single one of our men. While it's obvious they won't all use them in the battlefield, it can at least get them to it much more quickly. Its battlefield applications can include dragooning, hit-and-run, scouting, and message/order-delivery. We might even be able to get behind the Moskurg lines on the Plains and capture their trains or take our their artillery. Best of all, the motorcycle will remain relevant after 1920.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 27, 2015, 04:07:19 am »

What about radios? Battlefield radios would be amazingly useful, particularly in tanks or any aircraft we design.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 27, 2015, 04:22:53 am »

Yep, If we will revise the tank it should be engine and more, changing only engine will give more free space and nothing more. But most likely our tank will become too obsolete to modernize....

1) We don't have the technology to do this and it would likely use more Oil than a car, in which case it would make it even more Expensive.
I don't mind it being expensive or very expensive because at the very least it will grant our side huge advantage in reconnaissance. And it is a long term decision, if we go for biplane, then we go for more aviation.

2) A truck would certainly help with logistics and experience. A good idea, but it may be better to steal Moskurg's petrol engine first depending on whether we get a new spy or not.
I prefer to not delay using oil for unreliable spying, after all we will have few turns to use additional oil. If we want to become enemies of allies we need to design something oil based now, not later or else it was a bad decision. Besides, stolen technologies are more expensive.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 27, 2015, 04:42:39 am »

Well, there's barely any room in the tank for the crew as it is and we're still a far cry from any aircraft. As for general communications, I don't think we're mobile enough that instant communication is really necessary, especially in the trenches.

If the upgrade we gave to the artillery isn't enough to deal with the armoured cars, I think we'll need to develop some 12.7mm (.50 cal) weaponry. It only has 8mm armour and considering how the 15mm Horsekiller pierced our T15's armour, a 12.7mm should be more than enough.

There are three ways we could go with .50 cal weapons.
1) Sniper rifle. I would prefer this out of the other methods. Arstotzka is great at marksmanship and this would play to our advantage. It would have usage in the trenches and especially in the Mountains. We may be able to develop a scope at the same time, further increasing its usefulness.
2) Machine gun. A heavier machine gun would allow our defensive positions in the Mountains to be stronger and they'll be able to compete with the Stallions at range in the trenches. It'll also let our tanks fight back against the armoured cars easily. The problem is that we already have two machine gun variants and making another could just be an inefficient use of our time. Moreover, Moskurg is probably developing their own tank or tank-killer which this tank-mounted machine gun won't be able to stop. In the end, a useless endeavour in the case of tank-protection.
3) Pistol. Our pistol suck ass and it would be good to replace it. This pistol would work in a similar way that the Desert Eagle works today. The advantages to this over the sniper rifle include being able to be used both in the Jungle and in the trenches as well as being equippable by all of our soldiers. This means, however, that the stalemate will continue in the Mountains at best, we get no Patient bonus when using it, and its short range means it might not be effective against the armoured car, even in volleys. (The AC has much longer range with its Stallion.)

Glory to Arstotzka.

I don't mind it being expensive or very expensive because at the very least it will grant our side huge advantage in reconnaissance. And it is a long term decision, if we go for biplane, then we go for more aviation.
If we're going for a long-term decision, a vehicle that uses more than 1 Oil is certainly a bad idea. Also, I'm not entirely ruling out the biplane, I'm just saying we should pick up more technology before we try. A smaller, more efficient steam engine would make our trains run better, allow our tank crews to exist in more reasonable temperatures (as well as go faster), and allow us to have a plane. If you can think of other technologies that would help in its development, feel free to share.

I prefer to not delay using oil for unreliable spying, after all we will have few turns to use additional oil. If we want to become enemies of allies we need to design something oil based now, not later or else it was a bad decision. Besides, stolen technologies are more expensive.
You certainly have a point in not waiting for unreliable spying. If we're making the truck, we shouldn't wait for espionage. I for one chose to help Antegra not for the Oil gain, but so Moskurg wouldn't get the Oil and to prevent Nazi Germany. Stolen technologies have not been proven to be more expensive. Stolen designs are more Expensive due to the Imperial system, but technologies have yet to be stolen and so we don't know if they'd be Expensive or not.

EDIT: Wow that was a long post. God damn.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 05:04:01 am by Andres »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 27, 2015, 05:03:23 am »

I would rather we skip 50cal and head straight to cannons. Perhaps a 20mm to start with? There where sniper rifles using it, although they where a tad heavy, but then again, so are 50cal snipers. Use 20mm for anti-material, and use modded mosins for normal ones...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 27, 2015, 05:10:44 am »

Ok, it seems the Struunk is not Expensive at all. This means that it is very much able to kill any trucks we develop easily. If our artillery doesn't do a good enough stopping them, we'll have to go with heavy small arms or motorcycles. Cars - especially armoured cars - are slower than motorbikes and motorbikes can be used in the mountains.

I would rather we skip 50cal and head straight to cannons. Perhaps a 20mm to start with? There where sniper rifles using it, although they where a tad heavy, but then again, so are 50cal snipers. Use 20mm for anti-material, and use modded mosins for normal ones...
A 20mm to deal with some armoured cars is overkill. If we develop a .50 cal sniper, we have .50 Cal technology. This'll help us develop other .50 cal weapons such as the machine guns or pistols I mentioned. Developing a sniper that fires 20mm bullets will only give us the technology to build a 20mm sniper rifle. Nothing else. Besides, .50 cal is large but still sensible as opposed to Moskurg's .60 cal which is just ridiculous.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 27, 2015, 05:14:42 am »

20mm autocannons. For aircraft, mostly.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 27, 2015, 05:14:50 am »

One more possible petrol vehicle to design - light artillery tractor to pull our 80mms, belt machineguns and future designs. Ideally it should work in jungles.

Gives experience for a proper tank later and boosts our artillery advantage.

Oh, and can we go straight to diesel engine? This route leaves us without aviation but otherwise it is better.

If we will need a more power to stop their armored cars... I suggest revision to design AP 7.62 bullets. Tungsten tips and stuff like this. Easier than new weapons.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 27, 2015, 05:18:29 am »

Its really a pity resources are so simplified. What I want to know is why we cant have booze or veggie oil fueled engines. Or, for that matter, methane engines.

Yes, I know that methane in a war machine is a really bad idea.

AP rounds sound like a good idea. Toobad we cant design both AP rounds and scopes for our mosins...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 217