Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44

Author Topic: Sector Unknown (Spaceship RPG)  (Read 42307 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Sector Unknown (Spaceship RPG)
« Reply #600 on: August 17, 2015, 05:40:08 pm »

The captain chuckles quietly to himself after giving the order to process the alien into food. At least it will give Tony and Mac a chance to talk after Mac was almost lost in space. Good work Catherine. If you think that should be our destination, then I agree. You haven't disappointed me yet.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 17, 2015, 05:41:48 pm »

"I'll try to live up to that trust."

Pilot ship to the possible planet.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 17, 2015, 05:44:03 pm »

Start to butcher up the alien
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 17, 2015, 06:10:29 pm »

Episode 4: Planet Unknown

Event

The Deimos' FTL hums beautifully as it charges up, the magenta-cyan splashed starfield stretching and blurring into a watercolour piece of art as the fabric of space is meddled with in only a way that humanity might do. A sound, crossed between a thick piece of solid paper ripping in a large hall and a sonic boom, echoes throughout the ship and the starfield is gone.
The crew can feel that they are travelling fast - incredibly fast, in fact, as they are  travelling faster than light. But the view in front of them looks as if they are moving in slow motion, as if you could reach out and pluck an elongated star from the sky. The confusion and disbalance sends the weak uneasy and green of face.

Some time later the sound from when they begun the journey seems to be played in reverse - a piece of thick paper being ripped back into a whole piece and the sonic boom event being undone - and the artist paints the watercolour artpiece in reverse, back to it's original canvas... a magenta-cyan starfield. Anybody listening to somebody who may have been mid-sentence, might have heard their last few words in reverse.

And in that starfield lay a barren, beige rock with rare, but angry, clouds, spotted with great lakes of the purest, softest turquoise.

((Updated OP with a Glossary. Hit me up in the OOC chat, or PM, for any requests for additions)).

((Spreadsheet OP updated)).

A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 17, 2015, 06:12:38 pm »

Catherine leans back in the chair. "Right then... we're here. Water. That might mean food."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 17, 2015, 06:15:03 pm »

Mac peeks out a window. "It's... Beautiful!" 
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 17, 2015, 06:15:38 pm »

"It's barren, right? No guarantee it's water."

Ashton puts on whatever protective gear she can manage before trying to get some of the black stuff into a secure container to bring to the scientists.

"So, uh, you lot have any idea what this might be? I don't think it's oil, somehow."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 17, 2015, 06:17:09 pm »

"Hey, doc, got a stim or something? I'm kind of wiped from the stress and stuff, but I need to be down there to help with the scouting..."
Sigtext!

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 17, 2015, 06:19:09 pm »

Mac walks over to the captain. "Hey captain, I think exploring the planet is a bigger priority than cooking alien sausages. So, if you want me to, I can be part of the team that explores the planet"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 17, 2015, 06:53:12 pm »

Kiae examines the black stuff when it is brought into the lab.

"Do we even have the capacity to reach the surface of a planet and return?"

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 17, 2015, 07:10:06 pm »

“Sure,” the doctor replies. “I believe there are caffeine pills here somewhere.”
Muslim looks in the Infirmary for caffeine pills and other light stimulants.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #611 on: August 17, 2015, 07:48:32 pm »

(Assuming we can get down to the planet and back).

I am now taking volunteers for the landing mission. Simply volunteering doesn't necessarily mean you will get to go, but it does get you considered. Likely most volunteers will go. The XO will have final say on who goes and who stays. Catherine, if you can get us any information at all about this planet, that would be incredibly beneficial.

(Mac is already on the volunteer list as he was the first to volunteer).
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 17, 2015, 07:49:31 pm »

"Volunteering... give me a minute, I'll see if the scanners can pick up anything."
Scan the planet.
Sigtext!

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 18, 2015, 03:03:06 pm »

Kiae examines the black stuff when it is brought into the lab.

"Do we even have the capacity to reach the surface of a planet and return?"

After some time of deliberation... you... cannot even consider what the gooey stuff is. You realise it is probably from the alien, but its actual origin or purpose is beyond you. Perhaps it is skin it has shed, large amount of dribble or faeces.

((Also, the ship is able to make orbital-to-ground landings. Think Millennium Falcon, or something))

Muslim looks in the Infirmary for caffeine pills and other light stimulants.

You find some singular sachets of pills in packs of twenty used for calming nerves in secure storage.

"Volunteering... give me a minute, I'll see if the scanners can pick up anything."
Scan the planet.

ATMOSPHERE, BREATHABLE.
ATMOSPHERE, HIGHLY IONIZED.
WARNING: HIGH POSSIBILITY OF SUDDEN LIGHTNING WEATHER FORMING.
WARNING: COMMUNICATIONS ARE LIKELY TO SUFFER INTERFERENCE, LIMITING DISTANCE COMMUNICATIONS.
SURFACE TEMPERATURE: 42oC. (#BritishDesign)
LIQUID TEMPERATURE: 22oC.
MAJOR LIQUID COMPOSITION: 75% OXYGEN, 15% ZINC, 12% HYDROGEN.
WARNING: HIGH POSSIBILITY OF TOXIC LIQUID.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 03:06:57 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 18, 2015, 03:06:55 pm »

If possible, scan for possibly edible things. Long-range Scan again to see if there are any newly in range planets.

"Strange planet. Got breathable atmosphere, which is good. Temperature ain't bad. But the water might be toxic and there's a good chance of spontaneous storms. Scanning to see if there's any other nearby planets we just got in range of."
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44