Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 421622 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06]
« Reply #1005 on: July 06, 2016, 02:06:23 pm »

Trade requirement was a simple screen shots of before and after on food and drinks.  That was how I got the info from previous posts.
Okay, I can't do it for the elves, but I can do it for the humans.

Could I have a dorf called Gordak.
Any preferences?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 06, 2016, 06:07:15 pm »

Kol Copperweaver's Journal

Felsite

The humans have arrived! Everyone rushes to bring food and drink to the depot. The guild representative painted a grim picture of the world.

Hematite

We traded with the humans. 5756 units of drink and an unknown amount of prepared meals. My sums don't seem to add up. ((Really, we had more 'other' after the trade than before. No game time elapsed during that interval.)) In return we received some iron goods for melting.

One of the insane dwarves died.

Malachite

The humans left. Migrants arrived, five of them, one of which was named Gordak. What an odd name.

There was a cave-in next to the depot for some reason. Several dwarves were knocked out, two were injured, and someone's pet goose died. A barrel stockpile was destroyed, but most importantly, a lot of our meals were covered in dust! Hopefully they can be salvaged.

The weapon traps are done! Hopefully they take a chunk out of this year's goblin invasion.

OH MY FUCK. WHAT IS HAPPENING. LOYALTY CASCADE IN THE BARRACKS TOWER. A TANTRUMING RECRUIT TRIGGERED IT BY THROWING A SEED. Okay, it's confined there thanks to some locked doors, but lots of dwarves are dead or dying or being killed.

Okay. It's over. Moony, Gordak, and Pyro are all dead. So are nine other dwarves. It's a good thing I made all those coffins! We also have one axedwarf who killed six others, losing his foot in the process. Also there is an orphan baby crawling around. I have named her Tough Kid because she doesn't care about anything anymore.

Kahlish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 07, 2016, 02:20:02 am »

I guess someone planted the seeds of discord right there.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 07, 2016, 02:25:16 am »

Press z, right and enter to see kitchen orders; tab to seeds and enable cooking of seeds of discord with c.

Find a kitchen in the gigantic mess and put "make lavish meal" on repeat.

Hope the planted seeds don't grow into trees of disco.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 07, 2016, 05:43:17 am »

Could Gordak be a hammerdwarf pluz?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Migrant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 07, 2016, 01:43:37 pm »

((Fun fact: The two insane dwarves both have forumite kills. Also, the stressed dwarves are getting BETTER! Now what should I order from the humans?))

It is too late know but I think ordering rocks is a great idea because the weigh a lot and buying them frees up a lot of weight. Things made of metal we don't have are good too. Codices might be interesting as well. Clear glass and materials for making it.

Could I get some information about how the fort is doing? Pop count, various professions and other interesting tidbits.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1011 on: July 07, 2016, 02:33:59 pm »

Downoad the lates save
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 07, 2016, 08:42:31 pm »

Could Gordak be a hammerdwarf pluz?
There's a rule against renaming dwarves, but I'll make an exception. Gordak was only in the fort a month, and having two dwarves with the same name isn't unheard of.

It is too late know but I think ordering rocks is a great idea because the weigh a lot and buying them frees up a lot of weight. Things made of metal we don't have are good too. Codices might be interesting as well. Clear glass and materials for making it.
Weight isn't a problem. We only need iron. Codices don't exist because this is an old save. We produce clear glass in industrial quantities already.

Felsite (cont.)

The corpses were cleaned up and life returned to mostly normal. With only 122 dwarves, we can't afford to rebuild the military. We have too much work for the workforce we have as it is!

A crazy dwarf died. ((This one killed Quasar. I HAVE AVENGED YOU))

Keets hatched. Shitloads of them. Also, shitloads of giant olms.

A planter killed a legendary leatherworker - the queen's mother! The planter was then executed by Murky. Now we have 119 dwarves.

If a giant fire-breathing winged slug shows up in the third cavern and no one is around, do I give a shit?

Galena

I didn't mention this before, but I quintupled everyone's alcohol rations when I became overseer. It's part of the reason I'm still in power. Aside from a few far-gone dwarves, pretty much everyone is feeling happier. Piles of goblin corpses don't seem so horrifying through a haze of alcohol. ((I'm going by ToniK's stress level. She was at 490k when I took the save. Now she's at 401k. There are only four haggard dwarves now.))

Also when I first became overseer, I ordered the constant production of totems. Finally, eight months later, we've run through the whole pile! Stocks say that's about 300 skulls out of our overloaded refuse stockpiles.

I don't look up much. I mostly look at the ground so I don't trip on shit. I did today. Turns out, there's a really high tower in the northwest corner of Breadbowl. I asked around and some overseer had it built for themselves. There's a little room up there and nobody lives in it. Well, that's MY tower now.

Apparently we have no surgeons. None. This has been rectified.

A spinner was roasted by the fire-breathing leech. Apparently it could have just waltzed in at any time. You want to know what stopped it? MY GLUMPRONG DOOR! Also the door is on fire forever now. I locked the hatches that would have let the FB in, by the way.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 08, 2016, 08:24:43 am »

Sounds like you gave a shit about slug/leech...Wait, are those different beings or same thing?

Anyway, hope you can put the poor door out. Smoke drains FPS, iirc.

How many butchers does the fort have working full-time, anyway?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 08, 2016, 08:53:05 am »

Sounds like you gave a shit about slug/leech...Wait, are those different beings or same thing?

Anyway, hope you can put the poor door out. Smoke drains FPS, iirc.

How many butchers does the fort have working full-time, anyway?
Same thing. The door sounds like someone else's problem, I don't give any fucks. No butchers right now, though I should probably slaughter some animals.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 08, 2016, 10:11:34 am »

Slugs are your friends, they eat plants and elves alike.  Leeches, well they are blood suckers stealing from Armok's blood tributes.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 08, 2016, 01:43:08 pm »

Okay guys, I realized I'm not going to be able to finish the year before I go on a quick vacation. No save for you though. I'll be back on the 17th. A vile force of darkness has arrived!

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #1017 on: July 08, 2016, 01:47:36 pm »

Can i be brought back as a male mechanic named ruthra

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 08, 2016, 10:16:13 pm »

Just read through this entire fort in about two days.

Awesome. Sheer awesome.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 17, 2016, 06:35:54 pm »

Can i be brought back as a male mechanic named ruthra
We don't have any mechanics.

Limestone

Shouts come from the east! A vile force of darkness has arrived! Close the gates! Marksdwarves to the walls! I dread what will come next... the sieges until now have brought nothing but terror and death to this fortress. But we will stand.

WHAT!? The enemy is twelve bowgobs! Open the gates! CHAAAAAAAAAAARGE!

Murky, bless her, got to the battle first. She would have killed all of them had she not become preoccupied trying to hack through an unconscious goblin's helm. Both her axe and the helm were iron. I need to get her a new axe. Several other axelords mopped up the rest. I didn't even get any action. Also, a goblin got inside the fort somehow, but it was torn apart by several wandering monitors. I think it might have climbed a nearby tree. I have ordered it chopped down.

One wounded monitor, ten dead goblins. Two got away. Also we caught a human snatcher.

The dwarven caravan has arrived! Dwarves begin hauling things to the depot. One wagon apparently tipped and now we own its contents.

The fire-breathing leech somehow died. Also, a planter was executed by the hammerer.

Some animals are going wild and are either being killed or recaptured.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 105