Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 421602 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06]
« Reply #1035 on: July 20, 2016, 06:56:29 pm »

Are we to expect a save?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 20, 2016, 07:18:12 pm »

Nah. More updates tomorrow. But that's the third time I played Sandstone and 5 FPS forts kill me.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1037 on: July 21, 2016, 07:46:18 pm »

I'm honestly curious if Breadbowl will be the fort that breaks TheFlame52's fortresss resurrection streak.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 22, 2016, 12:58:43 am »

I'm honestly curious if Breadbowl will be the fort that breaks TheFlame52's fortresss resurrection streak.
His... Resurrection streak?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1039 on: July 22, 2016, 08:42:23 am »

He has a habit of coming into dead fortresses, spinning the wheels,cleaning the floors, and turning updates in stupid short amount of time.
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 22, 2016, 11:32:22 am »

He has a habit of coming into dead fortresses, spinning the wheels,cleaning the floors, and turning updates in stupid short amount of time.
Aaaaaaah. I knew that he did that, but I didn't know that it was the ressurection streak that people often reffered to.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: July 22, 2016, 04:15:22 pm »

NEVER FEAR, UPDATES ARE HERE!

Journal of Kol Copperweaver

Timber

Nothing much happened this month, but near the end, we caught a giant hamster. Many of the older dwarves expressed fear, but it's probably nothing.

((I disabled a pump pumping water from the ocean up a level for no reason, and now I'm getting SIX FPS!))

Moonstone

Some ghosts were slabbed. I think we've slabbed everyone who isn't buried.

OH SHIT SON EVERYONE ATTACK NOW

Well, that was anticlimactic. A single suturer was stung to pieces, a craftsdwarf workshop was toppled, and then Fath the adept axedwarf killed it. She cut the thing in half with a single blow.

Good for her. Everyone back to work!

Oh yeah. Also, at the same time as the titan, some gray langurs attacked. One almost stole AN ARTIFACT ADAMANTINE BATTLE AXE. WHY ISN'T ANYONE USING THAT!? But the civilian squads dispatched two langurs and the rest were caught in cage traps.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 22, 2016, 04:59:24 pm »

Those gray langurs are quite a distraction.  Back in my days, I had the new Watcher recruits hunt them for practice and meat, only to have the profane smoke come knocking down ole Duke Gwolfski in the process to no permanent effect.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: July 23, 2016, 08:26:24 pm »

Kol Copperweaver's Journal

Opal

A flame blob showed up in the third cavern. It's boiling the lake. I couldn't care less. ((Great, more water lag.))

I'm now a spearmaster! I can't believe less than a year ago I was barely a trainee!

Tough Kid grew up. Now she can get her own food and booze.

Obsidian

A lot of the old skeletons are getting butchered. We now have dragon bones! I forbid them for now.

A forgotten beast showed up in the first cavern. I am going to go kill it. This is my first kill. I hope I'm up to the challenge...

I killed it. I stabbed it until it died. It was not a challenge.

By the way, the sheer volume of cave spider webs in that place is incredible. You can see the FB's path based on where the webs are destroyed.

A giant mantis attacked a haggard carpenter and slashed open her arm. It is predicted she will make a full recovery. Also, giant wild boar piglets!

I moved the rhinos to a new area because they ate all the grass in the old one. Did I mention I trained them for war?

One of the haggards, a brewer, threw a tantrum. She was sentenced to a beating. You know what happened next.

It appears my door has attracted the winged flame blob. That makes TWO fire-based FBs that have attacked that door. ((SPOILER: I am the spirit that possessed Kol. I am now living in that door and controlling his mind. I made that up just now.))

Well, this is the end of my yearish as overseer. Things have gotten much better. Murky cut away the rotten flesh so the body could recover. Increasing the alcohol ration did the rest. I'd like to note that the alcohol ration is the minimum alcohol a dwarf is required to drink. Anyway, we only have three haggard dwarves left. But it turns out I
really hate responsibility. I'm tired of people asking me what to do! I don't know! Go haul something! I'm done! I quit! Fuck off!

SAVE: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12293

Stuff for the next overseer to do:
 - Dump all these fucking limbs and corpses and old clothes and shit
 - Maybe melt some stuff?
 - I dunno man you'll think of something

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 23, 2016, 10:56:40 pm »

I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna read Breadbowl. See you all in a month... or three.
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 23, 2016, 11:22:21 pm »

By the way, the sheer volume of cave spider webs in that place is incredible.
I counted at least over 7000 webs in the caverns, by the way. They're surely a minor component of the lag!

I always feel anxious about war-trained adults animals reverting and wrecking everything being caught by the citizen's milita or anti-2nd dragon cage traps.

And as deadly as tantruming dwarves are, I think Breadbowl's hammerer can easily outmatch a wave of vampires.

Good ol' Sanctume, still? No corruption there, would feast on the brains of his own daughter.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: July 24, 2016, 08:44:33 am »

Feb is the hammerer. Also, keeping up with the king's demands isn't hard, I just forget sometimes.

EDIT: I have Legends Viewer open. Does anyone want to know what's been happening?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 08:51:32 am by TheFlame52 »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: July 24, 2016, 09:10:53 am »

Sure, as long as it is better portrayed than the outpost liasons' great wall of texts - those tend to make my eyes skip over them.

luneya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: July 24, 2016, 01:11:07 pm »

Wow. I really love the concept of this fort. Wish I'd gotten here before everything started going to hell, but things aren't hopeless yet. A test load of the latest save gives me 15 FPS, or 20 if I turn temperature off. This seems manageable, so add me to the overseer list. As for dorfing (in case someone is able to take a turn before me), give me one of the dorfs who doesn't do anything but hauling (or similarly unskilled/useless) labor, preferably female, name Luneya, job title philosopher. Yes, I know we had a previous philosopher Aristotle (who, from my save check, is alive, but is currently only identifiable by job title, having suffered from the name-eating bug; next overseer please fix this). Assuming that both dwarves remain alive at the start of my turn, this duplication will be a plot point in my appointment as overseer.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1049 on: July 24, 2016, 01:22:07 pm »

Wow. I really love the concept of this fort. Wish I'd gotten here before everything started going to hell, but things aren't hopeless yet. A test load of the latest save gives me 15 FPS, or 20 if I turn temperature off. This seems manageable, so add me to the overseer list. As for dorfing (in case someone is able to take a turn before me), give me one of the dorfs who doesn't do anything but hauling (or similarly unskilled/useless) labor, preferably female, name Luneya, job title philosopher. Yes, I know we had a previous philosopher Aristotle (who, from my save check, is alive, but is currently only identifiable by job title, having suffered from the name-eating bug; next overseer please fix this). Assuming that both dwarves remain alive at the start of my turn, this duplication will be a plot point in my appointment as overseer.

I''d like to know the supercomputer you're running it on. That being said, when a cavaran is on screen, expect FPS of maybe 5.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 105