Poll

Yes. It is
- 0 (0%)
Nope
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2015, 10:25:56 pm

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 105

Author Topic: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06] - Breadbowl Ends  (Read 424665 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Breadbowl: a Succession Farm [42.06]
« Reply #1365 on: November 01, 2016, 04:24:41 am »

96 kills, wow! I hope to get that to 100 some day.
Also, Gordak pickhailed the helmed funeral of clutches?!
So, I'm a funeral with a helmet. Makes sense.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
  • WipEout - CONTENDER ELIMINATED
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: November 01, 2016, 07:56:18 am »

This is the second time MetalHead183 has slept away from a fight. Probably something to do with Ongul.
The giant louse is on the loose and some loser dwarf has blood to lose.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: November 01, 2016, 04:05:50 pm »

Nice update.
Kol (6 notable, 93 other)
Send Kol to go kill something so he can have a hundred kills.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: November 02, 2016, 09:28:47 am »

Dirk now has a reason to go to full time militia.  With steel/candy pick, it's time to learn some discipline and dodging.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: November 03, 2016, 02:46:25 am »

Thunk and friends not doing militia work anymore! Thunk cleans up corpses to show community spirit! Thunk helping!

... Thunk immediately regrets this decision! Goblins are gross, especially when they're dead!

Human couriers arrive to take Thunk's food to King! Thank Armok! Thunk can show community spirit without touching goblins!

Thunk certain King will be very impressed with Thunk's productivity! Every dwarf participates in trade hauling to get rid of all of previous overseers surplus of drink!

Human Guild representative also arrive! Thunk used to goblin diplomats from the Kingdom of Colours, but it still creep Thunk out! Thunk is worried Thunk might be racist!

Kadol orders lots of barrels and pots for next year in anticipation of glorious revival of Breadbowl's productivity by Thunk!

Thunk see great birdie in caverns!

Thunk want to kill great birdie and make caverns safe again, but Thunk does not know what birdie's poison would do to dwarves! Thunk expects caverns are sealed off, so Thunk can postpone inevitable fight!

But Thunk is a conscientious Thunk, so Thunk examines borders of fortress to ensure that there isn't...

... AN ENTRANCE! PANIC! Birdie can get in and kill dwarves! Thunk and friends will station Thunkselves in front of entrance to caverns, while Thunk gets civilians to plug hole!

Thunk got lucky! Birdie did not want to come in and fight Thunk, so it explored the caverns more, giving Thunk time to get hole plugged! It now stalks the spiderpits of the northern caverns!

Wait, why do we have spiderpits? Tell Thunk! Tell Thunk now!

Thunk happy to return to carting barrels to Trade depot!

OH NO THUNK WAS WRONG! Thunk thought pond in front of forbidden door was sealed from above! Thunk regret's Thunk's assumptions!

Thunk tries to use same tactic as before to seal entrance! Thunk is lucky birdie is trying to destroy iron door, even though iron door is stuck open and birdie could just come in.

Thunk saved Breadbowl again! Yay! Thunk good at this overseering stuff!

Kadol makes trade on Thunk's behalf! Thunk very happy with quota's, but Thunk must acknowledge that previous overseer did not trade away booze, which is inflating Thunk's numbers!

Traded (by Thunk!):

Food: 1,151
Booze: 12,995

Humans are leaving! That means Thunk has to go back to touching goblins! Thunk regrets everything!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 02:48:20 am by QuQuasar »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: November 03, 2016, 03:28:23 am »

Hm, all the surplus was removed? Neat. Go minecarts!

There's still an entrance XD

Breadbowl doesn't mean to run always-open caverns, but does so nonetheless.

*looks at the spiderpits*

I have a modest proposal:
Inititate catsplosion in the caverns, to prevent the 1000 webs produced per year or so. They'll also trample the webs really, really, slowly, so that might help fps too.

It's modest because all you need to do is toss 2 cats inside without FB present.

13k booze. OKay, new record! Done by leaving several trades off, but still :)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: November 03, 2016, 12:01:31 pm »

SO THAT'S HOW THAT VOMIT BEAST GOT IN DURING MY TURN

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: November 03, 2016, 12:10:50 pm »

AND THAT'S HOW LUNEYA GOT ONGUL

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: November 03, 2016, 12:52:36 pm »

This is why you flood the fortress from the top down to see if there are leaks to the cavern!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: November 03, 2016, 01:21:30 pm »

That's going to make an incalculably amazing mess.

It'd be easier to seal up the caverns.

luneya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: November 03, 2016, 06:35:49 pm »

I plugged up the leaks that were responsible for the loose FBs I saw during my turn. But I'm certainly not surprised that there are other vulnerabilities that I didn't find. The lower levels of Breadbowl are a mess.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: November 11, 2016, 11:45:50 pm »

Thunk curious about eternal fire in incinerator! Someone tells Thunk that incinerator is made from the flames of an ancient forgotten beast!

This is a very dwarven thing, kiling an ancient terrible flame demon from the deepest places of the world and then using it to incinerate garbage! Thunk is proud of Breadbowl!

Many dwarves are growing to working age! Thunk welcomes some to the workforce and others to the militia!

Children that join military go on to be great heroes like Thunk! They are still a little immature, but Thunks wishes them well!

Thunk sick of touching goblin clothes! Thunk has a new dumping tower built for post-siege cleanup!

Dwarven Caravan is here! Thunk trades all the things!

Food Traded BY THUNK!: 201
Drink Traded BY THUNK!: 474

Thunk finally got rid of stale surplus left by previous overseer! This food all Thunk's doing! Thunk is extremely proud of it and thinks King will be very impressed!

The Giantess Alotha Callquest the Climax of Fame has come!

Thunk get's Thunks axe, but Thunk suspects Giantess will be caged by traps before Thunk can reach her!

THUNK WAS WRONG! Giantess is murdering Breadbowl's bee's! Thunk will save you, bee's! THUNK IS COMING!

Thunk has failed you, bee's! Thunk is sorry!

Thunk is disappointed by anticlimax. Thunk wanted to see giantess fight!

... Thunk has an idea!

Traders are leaving! Thunk is unsure now! Is it fair for Thunk to benefit from the surplus left by previous overseer? And then, is it fair for future overseer to benefit from Thunk's hard work?

Thunk has decided! Thunk will be 3 term overseer, and future overseers will start with the onset of winter! That way, trade quantities will be more representative of individual overseer's ability!

Thunk just have to finish a few things yet...

A terrible spirit rose up and tried to scare Zas, but Zas kept his cool! Thunk very proud of Zas!

Would that all 12 year old children could be as emotionally dead inside!

THUNK HAS DONE IT! Thanks to Thunk, Breadbowl is now free from the tyranny of pants!

Never again will a dwarf of Breadbowl be injured by the trouser menace! Thunk is savior of Breadbowl once again!

Giantess is in position, with lever linked up to release her onto siege forces!

Thunk very happy! Thunk now spends Thunk's time training with Ezum, Thunk's new War Hamster! Thunk teaches Ezum all Thunk's tricks for killing goblins!

But winter is here, so Thunk must stand down like Thunk said Thunk would for benefit of future Overseers! Breadbowl is working slowly due to lack of labor, but it is working! Thunk is very proud of Thunk's fellow Breadbowlians!

Breadbowl Endures thanks to THUUUUUNNNNKKKK!

Aaaand that's that. Save is here.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12558

A few administrative notes:

* As of now, handover takes place at the start of winter. That way, the new overseer isn't benefiting as much from the food produced by the previous overseer.

* I used DFHack to clean all contaminants (we didn't have any forgotten beast syndrome problems, so removing all the stray rhinocerous sinew won't have any effect on gameplay), and used autodump-destroy to get rid of the webs in the spiderpits as well as the siege clothes. I also caged and slaughtered many dozens of animals, blocked off some pathfinding traps, and made all doors pet passable (a bug can lag the game if an animal tries to pathfind through a non-pet-passable door). Despite this, the Framerate is still hovering around 13, which is what it was when I got it. Genuinely not sure why at this point.

* Sorry for being late with it. Life got complicated for a while there. I may not be available to manage the thread for a week or two, but I'll be back.

You're up... whoever's up. THUNK DOES NOT CONCERN THUNKSELF WITH PETTY MATTERS LIKE WHO IS NEXT!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: November 12, 2016, 04:02:24 pm »

- Wait, the dwarves of Breadbowl use flame FB's corpse-pyre instead of magma? Seriously?

Is there another piece in the new dump tower?

- *amused* at Make-Believe recruits. Well, old enough to get married, old enough to join the army.

- Pretty low food and drink amounts. Guess this is the price for setting up infrastructure to be able to haul things in time... Should be more in spring, though.

But what the hell's liquid, 12 magma-filled minecarts and 69 buckets?

- Wonder if you can get artifact hives. Cba to check tho.

- Timing change..... Seasonal autosaves, ho?

- Trouser menace? Military equipment conflicts?

- FPS might be due heat. I'd suggest playing with temperature off, though that fucks up the garbage pits.

Good turn. Who's up next, indeed?

HMetal2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: November 12, 2016, 04:04:28 pm »

Broseph Stalin

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: November 13, 2016, 01:42:23 pm »

I was the one who got those flames into the magma dump. Also, can someone un-profession those grown-up orphans?
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 105