Start from scratch for YG-lite
- 3 (9.1%)
Do both
- 5 (15.2%)
Do both
- 2 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 241

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 OOC [31/137] [Sign-ups go here]  (Read 233500 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 OOC [26/137] [Sign-ups go here]
« Reply #3030 on: September 25, 2015, 12:35:26 am »

Who is Tykki?

She was My Archangel in the first game, disputably the strongest fighter, undisputedly the most visible Angel. Killed Andres's god off multiple times.
In other words, it took five attempts and several dozen (hundred?) Essence before I could be permanently permanently put down.

Don't listen to him  ::). What really happened was I kept letting him keep reviving, because I didn't want to kill him OOC. He kept doing stupid stuff so I sent Tykki to kill him in a single hit (again, and again). I got tired of this, sent Tykki to find his soul jar, and wiped him out in a single tick of actually trying.
Between my last few deaths I only kept to myself, so this is obviously a poor attempt to save face on your behalf. :P
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: September 25, 2015, 12:52:46 am »

There is a 1E editing fee now. Maybe you should just "Play off" it?
The editing fee is for making non-trivial adjustments to one's creations, not one's posts. It'd be silly for there to be a cost to an OOC action, no?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3032 on: September 25, 2015, 02:01:24 am »

General announcements:
IC:Now at Reply 2870. Those whom KP wishes to destroy he first indulges
[Focus]: It seems many players take it on themselves to set it for their creations. Internally, they end up getting reformatted anyway for convenience of reference or added based on description text. There is now no need to add it on to creations on the players' part.
Also, quit adding Trait+0 traits such as [Speed], [Size], [Combat], and the like because they just end up purged from the individual trait lists anyway
Spoiler: Finally, (click to show/hide)
1 warning to crazyabe for potentially violating forum guidelines
Clarifying action editing policy to specify that it only matters if KJP catches/already caught you to allow free early edits on IC stuff.
Clarifying butterfly effect, time travel, and their scopes of application

Andres: If it's any consolation, I'd been planning on extending the meta-ability traits, until an anonymous price check for a cloud of [Destructible] [Gives Trait] [Size-14] [Protection-4] [Defense-4] slime blobs. (I know their enemies would be glad it didn't go through)
What an angel with 10I, 10E, 10F can do that a god can't: Rebel against its creator, get killed without [Godslayer], and a whole host of fun encouragements to play the game as gods rather than creations (excepting the rare cases where someone outright requests playing as a random mortal which is perfectly fine)
I think it would result in an announcement, yes. It's about as significant as a godly death, after all.
Tykki: Probably major judging from the sheer survivability after a while and the (deprecated) villain ball

Demonic Spoon:
Legendary: In trait descriptions with many rungs of progression, I use the descriptions partly as shorthand for "provides <xNN> amount of trait" and partly as "resolve/describe its effects this way" if that makes sense. How realistic the descriptions are from a purely "provides <xNN> amount of trait" varies which is why there's some fudging to get closer to "what it says in the description" outside of previous fightmode instances.

Duel: Added as "Sylvan and Zhìn have canceled their proxy duel."

Rolepgeek:
-20/3F: It looks like the cap updater overreacted to a temporary excess of Flux by deducting too much. I've fixed it now and recalculated it, resulting in 3/3F.
Helllions and hellhounds: This will have to wait until the math portion of writing the Tick update to see properly ;)
SWMs and PIGs: I seem to have forgotten what these are (or can't connect them properly) or maybe haven't even processed the relevant action/creation yet. MInd sending a reminder if I missed it?

micelus:
PMs: If they've still been unanswered since before 2015-09-20 12:03 UTC, could you reply to one of said PMs while sending it to me? This should bump the PM thread up in case it got buried somewhen.

hector13:
Essence total: I only have -3I-3E+4E down for Veles on expenses009; did I miss some actions?

Lord_lemonpie:
Angelarium: The Angelarium is now linked

Spoiler: Obligatory (click to show/hide)

Various: My interpretation of [Eats Entropy] is something similar to Maxwell's demon and very much probability-altering

Cinder: Added

Vgray:
Dorfy <0.33>: Doubles death rate, decreases piety during peacetime, increases civilian fearfulness drastically, and provides little or no common sense, replaces Fireproof with Fire-Unresponsive (not applied to Deep Elves)
Expands to: Confirming that it's an approximate synonym for "contains." I think I got it from macroes or command-line tool options made of other options, but I'm not entirely sure.

tntey:
According to plans: So true, my little puppets, so very true... Muahahahahaha! :P
Create divines, create [Godslaying] thing: No, only players satisfy the collaborator requirement (else it wouldn't be much of a requirement)

darkwarlock3: Added

crazyabe: In light of the possibility of a new player being an alt, vouching for said new player isn't exactly reassuring, no? ;)

Cinder: Fascinating! I do wonder which game's player model will dominate given the high maintenance requirement of the one-player-one-character model YG uses. (O(n2) time is no joke! :P)

Kevak: I'm not sure either, so I've added you to the auditing list.

TheBiggerFish:
Ye Death: Destroyers of Worlds: So will I (probably)!

$$$Response
micelus:
Soul Configuration machine.: 6E to invent
Soul Cartridge: 2E to invent
Soul-Energy Reactor: 3E to invent (to heat)
Worship Reactor: 7E to invent (to heat)
Idol: 5E to invent
Twin Soul Trait: Try something like a modified Lawgiver-Phylactery?

crazyabe:
2/3 of the base matter in a Size-1 Planet: Approx. Size-2 planet, so 8E
1/3 of the base matter in a size-1 Planet in flesh: Approx. Size-3 planet, so 6E
5 diamond circles with a circumference of 31 meters: Circles? Not spheres?
A stone that produces an incredible amount of extremely bright light, and heat (NOT A STAR): 40E
300 pounds of ruby tainted with silver: 0-1E+, varies by context

TheBiggerFish:
Sort-of-laser: Depends on maximum power output, energy output, and charges if applicable

Lord_lemonpie:
KJP's initial check: [Incorporeal <1.3>] [Weakness, partial (Common-Sunlight) <0.7>] [Eats Souls <2>] [Affinity+1? (Delveology) <1.4>] = Avg. 2.6E/10000
Demonic Spoon's check: [Size-4 or so <0.71>] [Incorporeal <1.3>] [Evil] [Weakness (Sunlight) <0.6>] [Networked <1.4>] [Existing Soul <0.6>] [Eats Souls <2>] = Avg. 0.93E/10000

crazyabe:
Bullet-like parasites: [Focus-Conquer-Kill] [Focus-Discover-Reproduce]: 1E/10000

Dutrius:
Monoatomic-edged blades: Behaving realistically, 1E
Vibration wire "blades": 0-2E, varies by method of introduction/artifactness
Balefire: Requires research on time, ? ? ?E to invent

Andres:
One Ring of Power: Causes splintering of creator on destruction, 1E + 5Icap+5Fcap
If destroyed: Lose 10Icap, gain 10Fcap, so overall cost if destroyed is 1E+15Icap-5Fcap

Dragon price? Delayed until further IC processing, repost after this post if necessary

Happy Demon:
Editing 3rd Sisska: 1E
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 02:09:37 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: September 25, 2015, 02:08:44 am »

You didn't actually give prices for Micelus' stuff?

$$$Response
micelus:
Soul Configuration machine.: mundanely powered machine that combines/shreds/divides souls via magical means.
Soul Cartridge: small containers that can contain souls or parts of a soul.
Soul-Energy Reactor: Converts souls into energy.
Worship Reactor: Converts worship into energy.
Idol: objet that may store worship.
Twin Soul Trait: creature has two souls.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3034 on: September 25, 2015, 02:09:55 am »

Hit post instead of preview, fixed

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: September 25, 2015, 02:12:45 am »

A large part of what makes Lawgiver-Phylactery work is Dryadism iirc, so it might need a custom magic school if you don't want trees. Who wouldn't want trees though?

Alternatively, I remember Corpomancy allowing split consciousness shenanigans.

EDIT: Should I be worried about the fact that KJP seems to be losing his sanity?  ???
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 02:17:12 am by Demonic Spoon »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3036 on: September 25, 2015, 02:19:27 am »

Sanity? What sanity? Ahahahahaha!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: September 25, 2015, 02:21:18 am »

Andres:
One Ring of Power: Causes splintering of creator on destruction, 1E + 5Icap+5Fcap
If destroyed: Lose 10Icap, gain 10Fcap, so overall cost if destroyed is 1E+15Icap-5Fcap
Hold on, if it gives 5F cap on creation, then that means creating it will give me a net loss of 1E and 5I cap. The only difference is I get +1F per Tick. On that note, why would I get more Flux capacity from having it destroyed? This just doesn't make much sense to me.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3038 on: September 25, 2015, 02:22:41 am »

I thought I read something about it increasing Flux capacity when destroyed, but I was probably mistaken

I'll re-evaluate that too tomorrow

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: September 25, 2015, 02:26:20 am »

$$$
Price check on inventing plasmamantic focusing crystals, only producable by plasmamancy masters. Basically trying to invent magic staves, lightsabers, etc.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 02:30:17 am by Andres »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: September 25, 2015, 02:29:11 am »

$$$
Price check on inventing plasmamantic focusing crystals, only producable by plasmamancy masters. Basically trying to invent magic staves, magic gems, lightsabers, etc.
*stares at Andres with disapproval*

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: September 25, 2015, 02:31:03 am »

$$$
Price check on inventing plasmamantic focusing crystals, only producable by plasmamancy masters. Basically trying to invent magic staves, lightsabers, etc.
What? Something wrong with inventing magic crystals?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: September 25, 2015, 02:34:41 am »

$$$
Making lightsabres is lame. Maybe if you made plasmamancy guns or something.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: September 25, 2015, 02:37:26 am »

$$$
So you're saying the lightsabers from Star Wars are lame but the blasters aren't? You certainly are a strange one.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: September 25, 2015, 02:38:12 am »

$$$
So you're saying the lightsabers from Star Wars are lame but the blasters aren't? You certainly are a strange one.
guns that work by magic are cool. directly porting star wars shit isn't.

EDIT: And KJP went offline, so no update until tomorrow I guess.  :(
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 02:40:14 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 241