Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many collaborators should [Godslayer] creation require?

0 (total 1)
- 2 (14.3%)
1 (total of 2)
- 4 (28.6%)
2 (total of 3) (current)
- 6 (42.9%)
3 (total of 4)
- 0 (0%)
4 (total of 5)
- 2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 246

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 11.0 Walls and Walls and Walls [29/137]  (Read 284365 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 0: Birth [20/137] [Talk-only day]
« Reply #240 on: August 19, 2015, 01:17:07 pm »

I don't think I could change your opinion regardless of what I did considering how entrenched you are in that supposed "truth" about me.
It's always funny to see people come to the wrong conclusions and defend them vehemently though, so go ahead and continue claiming I'm a serial killer or something.

"I never made any such claim. I merely snickered at your blatant lie. It was just so plain funny that you yell about not even inteding to harm anyone...after screaming bloody murder at someone...who interrupted your combat sparring match...after you had belligerently poked others with little reason...after acting condescendingly and implying the gods here would attempt to murder each other...and all that was just moments after you wake up and I saw you for the first time. I don't need to be the God of Perception to see how bad a first impression that is, do I?"

"But of course, this could be just a one-time thing, with you waking from your slumber on the wrong foot and falling victim to a big misunderstanding. So let's all please calm down and be as civilized gods. And no, you are not the only one whose behaviour I don't wholly approve of."

Now here's something more reasonable. The second paragraph that is. The first one is so far from reality that it's actually pretty funny.

But since a lot of you are probably coming to the same wrong conclusion, let's debunk a few all of your claims:

Screaming bloody murder? You know that it's just an expression right? I scream when I'm angry, that's a thing at it won't change whenever or not you'd like it to.

Combat? Did you really listen to what was going on? I proposed him to compare our tools in a duel and he agreed. I don't see how that's not sparring.

Being condescending? I didn't even knew what you were, how could I act the "socially acceptable" way if I didn't knew what I was talking to? And regardless I'm always rude, that's part of my personality and you can't change a thing about that.

Poking others? Same as above.

I honestly couldn't care less about politeness, manners, first impressions and other sissy things like that. I wouldn't be responding if I didn't think you could be all misguided enough to start a lynch mob because I don't fit what you consider "socially acceptable" (which would be incredibly petty and stupid, honestly. You don't go around and kill people you don't like just like that. Does anyone really need a lesson from the devil on morality? That would be pretty sad actually).
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 19, 2015, 01:36:50 pm »

Combat? Did you really listen to what was going on? I proposed him to compare our tools in a duel and he agreed. I don't see how that's not sparring.
"There is nothing wrong about sparring, but it hints that you want to be prepared for combat."

Being condescending? I didn't even knew what you were, how could I act the "socially acceptable" way if I didn't knew what I was talking to? And regardless I'm always rude, that's part of my personality and you can't change a thing about that.

"Generally speaking, it is not a good idea to be rash about the unknown. Especially if that unknown is talking to you and could answer your simple question of 'what are you?'"

I honestly couldn't care less about politeness, manners, first impressions and other sissy things like that.
"You will not win many friends that way, but that is your decision. I must say that diplomacy is a worthwhile skill to have, though."

I wouldn't be responding if I didn't think you could be all misguided enough to start a lynch mob because I don't fit what you consider "socially acceptable" (which would be incredibly petty and stupid, honestly. You don't go around and kill people you don't like just like that. Does anyone really need a lesson from the devil on morality? That would be pretty sad actually).
"Speaking of wrong conclusions, I fail to see how me trying to explain my behaviour leads to a lynch mob wanting to kill you. Your words not matching my first impression of you made me laugh. That is all there is to it."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 19, 2015, 01:43:20 pm »

What? Lynch mobs are great fun. Lets string him up high, like his personality!

Veles yawns loudly

Like, I mean, if it's okay with everyone else.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 19, 2015, 01:50:38 pm »

"There is nothing wrong about sparring, but it hints that you want to be prepared for combat."

"Generally speaking, it is not a good idea to be rash about the unknown. Especially if that unknown is talking to you and could answer your simple question of 'what are you?'"

I honestly couldn't care less about politeness, manners, first impressions and other sissy things like that.
"You will not win many friends that way, but that is your decision. I must say that diplomacy is a worthwhile skill to have, though."

I wouldn't be responding if I didn't think you could be all misguided enough to start a lynch mob because I don't fit what you consider "socially acceptable" (which would be incredibly petty and stupid, honestly. You don't go around and kill people you don't like just like that. Does anyone really need a lesson from the devil on morality? That would be pretty sad actually).
"Speaking of wrong conclusions, I fail to see how me trying to explain my behaviour leads to a lynch mob wanting to kill you. Your words not matching my first impression of you made me laugh. That is all there is to it."

It certainly seemed to be going towards a lynch mob. With what's her name trying to siphon the life out of me and everyone acting as if it was the most normal thing ever, and then everyone accusing me of being insane or hysterical or whatever. Not saying it was about to happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if things degenerated to that eventually.

What? Lynch mobs are great fun. Lets string him up high, like his personality!

Veles yawns loudly

Like, I mean, if it's okay with everyone else.

AND EVERYONE ACCUSE ME OF BEING THE JERK?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 19, 2015, 01:58:04 pm »

Veles raises an eyebrow in amusement

Everyone? Morko has been the only one to imply that you were, and that was merely because that was their first impression of you. They offered you an opportunity to change that, but you seem to be thinking everyone hates you and wants you dead.

Methinks this one has an inferiority complex.

Veles adopts an anime schoolgirl expression and pose, jumping up and down in delight

You and I are going to have so much fun together!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 19, 2015, 02:11:44 pm »

"I cannot speak for everyone, but yes, you seem to me to be a jerk so far. You are far from the only one, though. But let us put that line of thought away and create that world we were going to, shall we? Or well, vote and decide how we are going to actually do it. Nonetheless, let us do that."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 19, 2015, 02:23:10 pm »

"I cannot speak for everyone, but yes, you seem to me to be a jerk so far. You are far from the only one, though. But let us put that line of thought away and create that world we were going to, shall we? Or well, vote and decide how we are going to actually do it. Nonetheless, let us do that."
>This Aspect concurs.  This Aspect feels that creation should occur prior to all else at this point.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 19, 2015, 02:32:22 pm »

"And this wind agrees. Does it seem to you all that some of us are... antagonistic?"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 19, 2015, 02:35:54 pm »

>This Aspect concurs.  This Aspect feels that creation should occur prior to all else at this point.

Quite. Without a canvass on which to express ourselves, we have little else to do but brandish our paintbrushes at each other in jesterly attempts to splash each other with paint.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 19, 2015, 02:36:08 pm »

Being a jerk to me won't make me any more sympathetic, that's what I'm saying. I'm fine with focusing on making stuff, but everything always degenerate in name calling and accusations of anything.

Veles raises an eyebrow in amusement

Everyone? Morko has been the only one to imply that you were, and that was merely because that was their first impression of you. They offered you an opportunity to change that, but you seem to be thinking everyone hates you and wants you dead.

Methinks this one has an inferiority complex.

Veles adopts an anime schoolgirl expression and pose, jumping up and down in delight

You and I are going to have so much fun together!

If anything I'd have a superiority complex. And what's his name isn't the only one to hate me, there's also both computer thingy people and probably a few I forgot. That's a lot of enemies for just being rude, that's what I'm trying to say.

Anyways, I propose we all forget the mess that happened earlier. I wasn't properly awake and didn't even have my cup of coffee and there was way too much noise everywhere. Anyone would be grumpy if they woke up to that.

Speaking of coffee, summon a cup of it and start drinking.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 19, 2015, 02:42:39 pm »

coffee
Mörkö breathes out slightly harder than usual and disappears. In the darkness, bubbling can soon be heard, then a whistle, then pouring, then sipping.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 19, 2015, 02:43:01 pm »

If anything I'd have a superiority complex. And what's his name isn't the only one to hate me, there's also both computer thingy people and probably a few I forgot. That's a lot of enemies for just being rude, that's what I'm trying to say.

Is there no middle-ground? Grey area? If anyone hates you because you're rude, then that's their problem.

I shall take care with you in the future, however, in case you think I'm out to murder you because I critique a proposal. Speaking of which...

Anyways, I propose we all forget the mess that happened earlier.

Unlike that Morko fellow, you can only make one first impression with me. I don't think the Council is there for trivial matters like correcting your morning temper....

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 19, 2015, 02:52:16 pm »

Is there no middle-ground? Grey area? If anyone hates you because you're rude, then that's their problem.

I shall take care with you in the future, however, in case you think I'm out to murder you because I critique a proposal. Speaking of which...

Anyways, I propose we all forget the mess that happened earlier.

Unlike that Morko fellow, you can only make one first impression with me. I don't think the Council is there for trivial matters like correcting your morning temper....

WHAT?? I try to fix things and you pretty much give me a middle finger and call me paranoid? You can't say I'm not trying now. Geese...

And besides why do people care so much about first impressions anyways? Shouldn't it make more sense to judge based on the majority of actions instead of only the first one? Doesn't make any sense...

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 19, 2015, 02:54:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Oh man, I really hope I did this right..."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 19, 2015, 02:55:10 pm »

WHAT?? I try to fix things and you pretty much give me a middle finger and call me paranoid? You can't say I'm not trying now. Geese...

And besides why do people care so much about first impressions anyways? Shouldn't it make more sense to judge based on the majority of actions instead of only the first one? Doesn't make any sense...

In what way does us all forgetting about it "fix" things?

Veles grumbles to himself

The majority of your actions have been ultra-beligerent so far anyway, so we'd still think you're a jerk...

((Edit for redundancy))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:58:56 pm by hector13 »

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 246