Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many collaborators should [Godslayer] creation require?

0 (total 1)
- 2 (14.3%)
1 (total of 2)
- 4 (28.6%)
2 (total of 3) (current)
- 6 (42.9%)
3 (total of 4)
- 0 (0%)
4 (total of 5)
- 2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 246

Author Topic: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 11.0 Walls and Walls and Walls [29/137]  (Read 284321 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods 2 IC Tick 4.0: Conflicts and Conflations [23/137]
« Reply #930 on: August 25, 2015, 12:22:13 am »

"Purrhapa you do, Purrhaps you do not. There is always another secret after all, and the rule of the game is we all are the same."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 25, 2015, 12:24:51 am »

"Purrhapa you do, Purrhaps you do not. There is always another secret after all, and the rule of the game is we all are the same."

"The wall is down and the Marxist frown, lil kitten. Watch yerself. Ain't gonna outdo tha Don in intrigue."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 25, 2015, 12:28:54 am »

An unassuming seed quickens into life, sprouting into a small seedling, growing at a rapid pace into a sapling, a small tree, a medium tree, a large tree, continuing on and on, ballooning in size seemingly without end until it filled the earth below and sky above, stretching across all horizons. Sylvan had awakened within Creation.

Sylvan uses all his Essence, Flux and Essence and Flux caps to incorporate himself into the world, becoming The Forever Biggest Tree.

Sylvan uses one ichor to create the Eternal Forest, the afterlife for worshipers of Sylvan and the default afterlife of trees. Upon the death of a tree, it is reborn as a seed within the Eternal Forest, soon sprouting into a new seedling. Each tree in the forest has sufficient space, nutrients, sunlight and whatever other special conditions or needs it might have to grow to its maximum potential. Non-tree worshipers become a tree of their choice. All who enter the Eternal Forest immediately become trees.

Sylvan uses one ichor to transform as much wilderness as possible, that isn't already, into thick lush forests of mundane trees appropriate to their environments, but with a preference for larger varieties (e.g. giant redwoods or clonal colony trees such as the quaking/golden aspen.)

Using Ichor, Sylvan creates 200 clonal colonies of Evertrees. Resembling the mundane golden aspen which is their inspiration, they differ in several key aspects. Glowing with a faint inner golden radiance, their branches bud with a multitude of striking blue blossoms each winter, and bear tasty and nutritious but otherwise mundane berries all year round. No environment can be considered hostile for these extraordinary plants, who grow at terrifying speeds, their teleportation allowing them to propagate far and wide, or escape from threats. But being tougher than steel, few herbivores (or lumberjacks) can pose a threat to them.

They possess a certain steady-paced, wooden intelligence, thinking their slow tree thoughts. They communicate through vibration, whether with other Evertrees through intertwined root systems, or with creatures that touch their trunks and can interpret the vibrations and the quaking of their leaves. Evertrees emit a subtle pleasant fragrance and most creatures consider them quite charming, and indeed they are quite benign plants by and large, though rivaling kudzu in sheer ruthless reproduction. They are true immortals, even resurrecting if they should die. Have an affinity with Corpomancy

Focus: Self-Propagation

(Please tell me if I did something wrong in the following math. My thoughts with disease resistance +2 is it'll block lesser diseases that are just annoying, but be less able to resist more virulent and fatal diseases, but after succumbing to such a disease the Evertree just resurrects. Are my thoughts more or less accurate on how things should play out?)

Evertree Math:
[Golden Aspen Derivation] 0.001 [Charismatic+2] <1.2> [Combat-3] <x0.4> [Disease Resistance+2] <1.7> [Extremophile+3] <2.8> [Fireproof] <1.2> [Fruitful+5] <2> [Intelligence-1] <0.8> [Magic resistance+4] <2> [Pious+2] <2> [Protection+4] <1.4> [Size+6] <1.6> [Speed-2] <0.6> [Strength-1] <0.8> [Teleport+1(1/day)] <1.2> [Will Be Back] <5>; [Affinity(Corpomancy)] <1> [Focus(Propagation)] <1> [Language(Vibrations)] <1>

~0.113 per individual - ? [Sphere Discount]

Form three angels, the Arboreal Administrators, one for each planet and its attendant moon, using ichor. Refined and elegant small trees, with four humanoid arms emerging from its trunk. Can move and even fly around under their own power. Branches are laden with a million different blossoms, each with a unique appearance and fragrance, which are released in complex combinations as primary means of communication. In addition, is able to communicate with plants by joining its roots with theirs.

Chief responsibility is to oversee the general wellbeing of all trees, ensuring that they flourish across the worlds, in turn strengthening Sylvan.

Cost:
[Angel] <0.5> [Charismatic+2] <1.2> [Intelligence+2] <1.4> [Size-4] <0.71> [Speed-1] <0.8> [Affinity(Exousiurgy)] <1> [Language(scents)] <1>
= ~0.477 Ichor

(I am assuming that the Divine trait allows angels to effectively teleport? Please tell me if this isn't the case so I can add the teleportation trait)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 01:15:29 am by Demonic Spoon »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 25, 2015, 12:29:15 am »

"What's the point of it all, when you're building a wall, and in front of your eyes it disappears? Can you be sure I'm even trying? Chaos is after all a very fickle thing."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 25, 2015, 12:30:16 am »

"This is getting embarassing..."

Agreed. We're obviously equally matched. I propose we call this a draw.

Tenat attaches a note to the obelisklog.
>Zenurion did not, in fact, properly analyze his data.  The destruction of all subsequent obelisks after this Aspect's construction was due to chaomantic spells, which this Aspect was not responsible for except in the broadest sense of having crafted said system.
>This Aspect wishes to note that even had this Aspect decided to destroy said obelisk, this Aspect would have done so solely to prevent continued escalation.
>Furthermore, Zhin's concerns were not necessarily aimed at the obelisks, as Zenurion asserts, but at the general creation of excessive valued materials in general.
>This Aspect notes that further ad hominem attacks utilizing this medium of transfer will be flagged as such.
>This Aspect further wishes to advise Zenurion that the proper usage of its vs. it's is: its, belonging to it, and it's, it is.

Tenat will monitor content introduced to the Vault by gods and provide it to the Lawbringers for bias monitoring.  Tenat will also introduce a magic spelling/grammar/usage checker.

Oh sure, sure. We're all able to determine who is behind any action done in public. Everyone else can confirm. Many will not however, as my results showed that they always attempt to defend their "allies" regardless of the veracity of their claim. AND REALLY? NITPICKING ON ****** GRAMMAR?

Anyways, your reply is definitively confirming my results. It looks like your ego is forcing you to get the last word, although you probably think you are correcting an error instead. Gods really are emotional things.

Add this as a note under Tenat's one

Bias monitoring? Is that how you call censorship? Oh, excuse me, I meant your specific brand of censorship correction, because of course it's justified when you're the one doing it...

"Some saps been messin' around with human's heads."
"I ſertainly haf meſſed ǷyÞ mortal minds, get alas, on Þis occaſſion I did not. I am only ſaying Þis becauſe ſom no doubt ſuſpect me."

OH FOR ***** SAKE! ANOTHER ONE SPROUTING GIBBERISH? REALLY? THERE'S ALREADY ENOUGH OF YOU, NO NEED TO SPREAD THAT ****** SHIT LIKE A DISEASE!
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 25, 2015, 12:36:29 am »

Sylvan uses one ichor to create the Eternal Forest, the afterlife for worshipers of Sylvan and the default afterlife of trees. Upon the death of a tree, it is reborn as a seed within the Eternal Forest, soon sprouting into a new seedling. Each tree in the forest has sufficient space, nutrients and sunlight to grow to its maximum potential. Non-tree worshipers become a tree of their choice. All who enter the Eternal Forest immediately become trees.

((Standard afterlives are free, here.))

(I hope making lots of forests is fine with everyone. I may make a custom species, still brainstorming it.)

((We have three planets: Earth-like, Icy and Barren, and Lush and watery. Commas separate the two-thing planets. I think everyone would be fine with lotsa forest on the Lush world.))

"What's the point of it all, when you're building a wall, and in front of your eyes it disappears? Can you be sure I'm even trying? Chaos is after all a very fickle thing."

"The markets are free! So much money for me! It ain't as fickle as ya like ta make people think. Der orda in everythin', 'specially Chaos."

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 25, 2015, 12:36:45 am »

Talios stands up and dusts himself off, his crook and flail return to normal.

"You are truly a worthy opponent Devil."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 25, 2015, 12:39:58 am »

An unassuming seed quickens into life, sprouting into a small seedling, growing at a rapid pace into a sapling, a small tree, a average tree, a large tree, continuing on and on, ballooning in size seemingly without end until it filled the horizons. Sylvan had awakened within Creation.

Sylvan uses one ichor to create the Eternal Forest, the afterlife for worshipers of Sylvan and the default afterlife of trees. Upon the death of a tree, it is reborn as a seed within the Eternal Forest, soon sprouting into a new seedling. Each tree in the forest has sufficient space, nutrients and sunlight to grow to its maximum potential. Non-tree worshipers become a tree of their choice. All who enter the Eternal Forest immediately become trees.

Sylvan uses one ichor to transform as much wilderness as possible, that isn't already, into thick lush forests of mundane trees appropriate to their environments, but with a preference for larger varieties (e.g. giant redwoods or clonal colony trees such as the quaking aspen.)

Sylvan uses all his Essence, Flux and Essence and Flux caps to incorporate himself into the world, becoming the Biggest Tree.

(I hope making lots of forests is fine with everyone. I may make a custom species, still brainstorming it.)

"Welcome brother to the thing called Creation! I do hope your trip was not uncomfortable? Regardless, is there any way I can help you?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 25, 2015, 12:42:47 am »

And so are you, Reaper.

An unassuming seed quickens into life, sprouting into a small seedling, growing at a rapid pace into a sapling, a small tree, a average tree, a large tree, continuing on and on, ballooning in size seemingly without end until it filled the horizons. Sylvan had awakened within Creation.

Sylvan uses one ichor to transform as much wilderness as possible, that isn't already, into thick lush forests of mundane trees appropriate to their environments, but with a preference for larger varieties (e.g. giant redwoods or clonal colony trees such as the quaking aspen.)

Sylvan uses all his Essence, Flux and Essence and Flux caps to incorporate himself into the world, becoming the Biggest Tree.

YOU! RIGHT HERE! BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK OF THE CONCEPT OF SPEAKING! IF YOU DARE TO SPEAK GIBBERISH LIKE THESE IDIOTS I SWEAR I'LL BURN EVERY SINGLE TREE IN EXISTENCE AND SEND THEIR SOULS TO BURN ETERNALLY IN HELL!

Now with that done, allow me to introduce myself: I am Zenurion, god of genius and villainy, but everyone here call me the Devil, for a reason of course.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 25, 2015, 12:44:27 am »

"I have plenty of gold, but I'm standing in line for a loaf of bread. There is a method to chaos, yes. However the first rule of disorder finds bread irrelevant.. Meat is always around if you know where to look."

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 25, 2015, 12:50:30 am »

"Screen time, pally. Life's a stage, ain't it? I ain't 'bout to sit back and watch like some kinda flower pot. Bombs exist, if ya want I can let my Rose set one off. Would teach ya real fast.

As for da 'splainin', ain't much of dat neither. I heard der was bandits. So I went down to see em, see? Bandits are Organized Crime, some of da earliest. So I was smilin' ear ta ear, ready ta help em along...and bandit activity on da planet is doin' horribly. You can sees I was dissapointed ta find out tha rumors where lies. I don't like being dissapointed. Woulda kept my mouth shut 'bout it otherwise. Tha gibber and jabber spread from some humans wakin' up round bloody rocks after dissapearin' for months. Ain't too much blood, an da wounds are jus' minor, no way it don't go deeper than that though."

"If I may ask, when did these events occur?"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 25, 2015, 12:53:25 am »

And so are you, Reaper.

YOU! RIGHT HERE! BEFORE YOU EVEN THINK OF THE CONCEPT OF SPEAKING! IF YOU DARE TO SPEAK GIBBERISH LIKE THESE IDIOTS I SWEAR I'LL BURN EVERY SINGLE TREE IN EXISTENCE AND SEND THEIR SOULS TO BURN ETERNALLY IN HELL!

Now with that done, allow me to introduce myself: I am Zenurion, god of genius and villainy, but everyone here call me the Devil, for a reason of course.

"Why do you call me that?"

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 25, 2015, 01:02:36 am »

"Welcome brother to the thing called Creation! I do hope your trip was not uncomfortable? Regardless, is there any way I can help you?"
"...yes. Grow more... trees. Become one... with the trees."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 01:48:24 am by Demonic Spoon »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 25, 2015, 01:04:23 am »

And so are you, Reaper.

"Why do you call me that?"

I... don't know, that seemed fitting? Not sure where that came from actually. Maybe that scythe you conjured during our duel?

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 25, 2015, 01:10:22 am »

"Maybe. It gives me an idea though."

Talios' robe turns black and gains a cowl. A scythe replaces his crook and flail.

"HOW DO I LOOK?"
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 246