Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: Roses' Script, System, and Utilities Collection (07/06/2021)  (Read 88247 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roses' Script, System, and Utilities Collection v0.2 (2/16/2016)
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2016, 01:15:24 pm »

What happens when the Thoughts and Feelings (or any other) category starts to stretch past the end of the page? Does it get truncated or does it scroll?

Right now it just keeps going, so if your screen is bigger you can see more, if it's smaller you see less. I haven't figured out how to get the custom gui to change sizes depending on screen size yet, but I would like to do that and allow for scrolling. I play windowed full screen, but I realize others play in smaller frames and I want to be able to accommodate that, just haven't figured out the best way to do that.

PSA: the most recent (beta) DFHack release, DFHack 0.42.06-alpha1, has a crash bug that will affect many of these scripts. Anything that uses persistent data will likely make the game crash when commissioning something related to a historical figure. Running this script before doing that should fix the problem temporarily:

I actually haven't done anything yet with DFHack in 42+. Still running everything on the previous DF version since there are still so many things on my to-do and wish lists that I didn't want to add the possibilities of fiddling with any of the new stuff into options.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2016, 03:22:17 pm »

What you get when you open up the unit viewer with the currently provided classes_example.txt and spells_example.txt

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now I just need to figure out how to alphabetize it.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2016, 03:47:21 pm »

Awesome!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2016, 08:38:10 pm »

How does df alphabetize stuff? There must be a native routine we could drag up for that somewhere.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2016, 03:40:09 am »

You mean sorting?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2016, 12:01:30 pm »

You mean sorting?
Or get it acquired by Google's parent company?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2016, 12:19:12 pm »

Google has a parent company?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2016, 01:11:50 pm »

You mean sorting?

Yes, the issue is the name displayed is a reference in a table of a table. Still not that hard to do, would just need to make a separate array and copy the corresponding values, then sort.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2016, 07:23:07 am »

What you get when you open up the unit viewer with the currently provided classes_example.txt and spells_example.txt

OMG. I love that you are still working on this, and this looks fantastic for players. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2016, 02:21:41 pm »

OMG. I love that you are still working on this, and this looks fantastic for players. :)

Indeed, I am trying at least. In the process of writing my Thesis right now so my free time has been stretched very thin. But I enjoy writing utilities for DF that I one day hope to include in a mod. At this point I am up to about 40 scripts and over 10k lines of code. But I am trying to prune a little, there are just so many features I want that require writing large pieces of new code.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2016, 05:20:06 pm »

Alright, I had a new idea for a script/system. Tentatively called TrueCreature it fixes some major problems I have with modding, namely the caps that are present on raw values that aren't shared in game.

For those of you who don't know, 5000 is not the in-game cap for any of the attributes, and yet you can only use up to 5000 in the raws themselves, this typically results in dragons (or other very large creatures) just getting 5000 strength. But is a dragon only 5 times stronger than an average human? Seems unlikely. Similarly, the size of a creature is capped in the raws, but can go much larger in-game.

So what does/will TrueCreature do? Simply put it will scan all creatures every so often, and will adjust values based on an external file that you configure (if I can figure it out it will also work in world generation, but that will be another project all together). This will also tie into the Class and Civilization system (which is where the idea originates from) so that enemy entities and creatures can have classes randomly chosen for them based on the inputs you provide.

Now this is all in the brainstorming phase so far (don't have much time for anything besides thesis writing right now), so let me know if any of you have any suggestions or comments.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2016, 08:10:52 pm »

Now this is all in the brainstorming phase so far (don't have much time for anything besides thesis writing right now), so let me know if any of you have any suggestions or comments.
I suggest making it a chapter of your thesis :)

Have the actual limits being scienced yet?  I imagine that intermediate steps of some formulas could overflow if size or a stat was too high.  And that would all change when DF goes 64-bit.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2016, 08:11:59 pm »

I remember Putnam (I think) saying that 5000 is the cap on the minimum, not the cap on the maximum.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2016, 09:04:07 pm »

Have the actual limits being scienced yet?  I imagine that intermediate steps of some formulas could overflow if size or a stat was too high.  And that would all change when DF goes 64-bit.

1. Yes.

2. Yeah, 0.40.01 gave a sort of soft cap on strength dependent on unit size and carry weight; for example, having more than ~2,000,000 strength on a human-sized creature will make it so that that creature will immediately become as slow as possible upon picking anything up. Other than that, stuff just tends to work.

3. I don't think it will. DF going 64-bit doesn't mean all the uint_32s that make up attributes are going to magically become 64-bit. AFAIK even if he just uses "int" it still won't do that, "long" is the 64-bit integer type IIRC.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24