Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we be proud of our Giant War Keas?

GO KEAS WOOUH!
- 28 (93.3%)
...They suck.
- 2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 83

Author Topic: 'Murderflood: (Ardentdikes IIIv3) You, there, grab this save!  (Read 212391 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: 'Murderflood: Resurrection II: The Reboot (Ardentdikes IIIv3)'
« Reply #240 on: October 19, 2015, 07:58:30 am »

Train wreck in slow motion.

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 19, 2015, 01:47:38 pm »

Well, at least there have been no bears for a while.
Cerol Melbiledos, the miller, is still alive I presume? I'd like to dwarf him. Vuohi-Pera did not have any relatives at all, and I could not see anything else about Vuohijumala except that he was a bear. So I guess I'll pick another dwarf with no relatives for now. But later, when the unevitable occurs, I might pick a dwarf who has relatives and stick to his family line.

But for now, Cerol Melbiledos reveals his true identity! His name is "Vuohiparta" of the secretive and elusive Vuohi dynasty! And, uh.. that's it.
Btw, did you notice my dorfing request? :(

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 19, 2015, 01:58:44 pm »

Btw, did you notice my dorfing request? :(
Don't you mean ''Bounty'' tho?

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 19, 2015, 03:27:09 pm »

Train wreck in slow motion.

Not really. Things went pretty well....it's just that our fort has some issues with 1: Body recovery and 2: Lacking a source of iron and steel armor (well, except what I bought from the traders). We're still gaining people rather than losing them, and I was always expecting something horrible to turn up while everyone was outside building. It's just that this was a bit closer than I'd expected.

Btw, did you notice my dorfing request?

I didn't, sorry. I'll dwarf you when I start the final play-session.

Edit: The other problem we have is that usually I'd install dozens of weapons traps specifically to mop up stray imps and the like. But we have no coal, and no spare weapons. So that....hasn't happened.

Edit2: I'll try to do that last session today....getting close (might even be past) the 2 week limit and I still have a lot of work to do for courses.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 04:33:43 pm by Urist McKiwi »

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2015, 05:19:49 pm »

I didn't, sorry. I'll dwarf you when I start the final play-session.
Great, thanks :)

Don't you mean ''Bounty'' tho?
Bounty? :D

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 19, 2015, 06:57:37 pm »

Every dwarf you claim dies within two weeks, thats like putting a price on their head...

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 19, 2015, 07:23:11 pm »

Every dwarf you claim dies within two weeks, thats like putting a price on their head...

That is at least better than Zuglarkun's record at this point.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 20, 2015, 05:37:37 am »

Edit2: I'll try to do that last session today....getting close (might even be past) the 2 week limit and I still have a lot of work to do for courses.

Since you picked up the save on the 7th, you have until the 21st to wrap things up. If need be, get the save up first and the write up can follow later on.

That is at least better than Zuglarkun's record at this point.

Running gag is running. I'm sorely tempted to request being dorfed with that same name again just to see if the game is trolling me. Though I admit, I was immensely amused.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 20, 2015, 06:07:23 am »

It's only actually been 10 of the 14 days. And then only because I finished my turn early.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 20, 2015, 06:22:43 am »

I'm sorely tempted to request being dorfed with that same name again just to see if the game is trolling me. Though I admit, I was immensely amused.

I gave you a militia dwarf shortly after the last batch of deaths just in case. You're a bit tougher this time so there's that at least. I'll recover the stats when I do an IC update and you can ask the next overseer to keep/toss the dwarf.

Anyway, updating! It's the 21st, just, so...OOC for now and basically streamed as I play. IC update will be later on

Good news! I found the magma sea! And Adamantine!

Unfortunately we're just a little bit flooded with magma on the lower levels now. And Triaxx maaaaaaay be a little bit dead and on fire. I'm not actually sure about that though. He was certainly on fire the last time I saw him (also swimming in magma), but he seems to have gone away a bit since then.

In my defense, it was his idea to lie down and have a nap immediately after breaking through a wall into an ocean of magma. my plan was for him to run like hell once I realised I was a z-level too low for a safe breakthrough.....but nope. Guess he was just dying for some rest.

Oh, and another strange mood! And we have everything for it! And it's a blacksmith which is really nice since that means a lot of skill gains without using any coal.

Even better...it's a floodgate. And because it's an artefact, that means that even though it's made of copper....it's magma safe! Yaaaaaay! :)
--------------------------------------------

I've redorfed a whole bunch of people as various random dwarves. And started adding labels to my new levers. And for some reason the game decided that one of our dwarves is secretly a wagon, and rebound the F1 hotkey to follow them, rather than zooming to the wagon site. I've fixed that though. I've also got the old "Dwarves won't build a floor because the rock needed to create the floor is getting in the way" bug.

We're down to 52 people all up, which....well...if I'm honest, I'm disappointed. But it's paved the way for a much, much safer fortress.

--------------------------

Ah, babies. Yes. Wonderful. Back to 54. And I've finished the new entrance (Well, enough of it to be functional when the jobs are completed) with mere days to spare! Our trade depot is now isolated, so we can let traders in without exposing the fortress to external hazards!

----------------------------

I just handled our cold-cases. Since I appointed myself as commander at some point (or captain, or whatever), Sir Humphrey just tracked down our ranger (who beat someone a while back) and punched him until his hand exploded. Fantastic. Admittedly this presents an issue, as he was convicted for two counts of disorderly behaviour....Gwolfsky was convicted for about ten.

...yeah, 5 days later and I'm still beating the ranger while he sleeps. I can't wait until we get a hammerer.

And my last act as overseer is to beat Gwolfsy into unconsciousness in the middle of the hospital. Before realising that I can stop him dying just by vacating the position. So yeah, you may well survive this one, you dastardly criminal!

This has been a great turn. Oh, and we have a forgotten beast in the caverns. I'm glad I didn't try colonising them....it wouldn't have gone well.

I'll edit this with the save once I've got it uploaded. I'll let others handle the screenshots (and a stonesense render or whatever might be cool as well).

EDIT: Righto! The savegame is HERE. Game is saved looking at the new entrance and trade depot...which is set to have the depot open for trade, but the fortress sealed. Check notes screen for info. Levers are in top left of screen.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 06:33:04 am by Urist McKiwi »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 20, 2015, 01:43:20 pm »

There really is only one comment I can make, on yet another death to magma: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 20, 2015, 01:49:17 pm »

I hear we have magma access.  Let me get my armor forge going.  Maybe a nice forge above the lakes.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 20, 2015, 02:25:45 pm »

Might take me a couple of days to get to this while I finish up the game I'm currently doing a turn on.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 20, 2015, 02:46:50 pm »

I hear we have magma access.  Let me get my armor forge going.  Maybe a nice forge above the lakes.
The space for construction is very limited because of the third cavern layer...but there should be room for a few forges. Alternatively we can pump some out to another area while (or after) we've filled the dike.

Might take me a couple of days to get to this while I finish up the game I'm currently doing a turn on.
That'd give me time for an IC roundup post, so that'd be awesome.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 20, 2015, 04:38:43 pm »

Zuglarkun got back to me about dwarving preferences too late for me to handle them, so I've de-dorfed them and re-uploaded the savegame. Also put in a couple of critical orders I forgot to do the first time around. Old savegame link is still valid but you will need to download it again if you've already grabbed it.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 83