Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Town Victory  (Read 28844 times)

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: D1: Believing Drunken Rants (Replacement Needed)
« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2015, 09:44:25 pm »

...mmmph. I've got math to do--in other words, I can't really post today. That, and I have a feeling that if I did post, it would just be a rant about...certain things (no, not the votes on me) in this game that have honestly really angered me. Sorry guys, I'll post tomorrow. I mean, that extension would be really nice, but I doubt that it would go through, so...yeah, I guess.
I respect your decision to do math over this game.  If there are particular things about my behavior that upset you I hope you will let me know; I play for fun, and don't want to impede anyone else's fun in doing so and I am sorry if I have.

We have at least another 25 hours, I do hope you will have time to make a defense.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2015, 12:41:25 am »

Votecount:
*Frostmoon - NJW2000, Griffionday, roo (3)
*Griffionday - fillipk, tntey (2)
*NJW2000 - The Moonlit Shadow (1)
*tntey - DoctorMcTaalik (1)
*fillipk - (0)
*DoctorMcTaalik - (0)
*The Moonlit Shadow -(0)
*Kilakan - (0)
*Persus13 - (0)
No Lynch - (0)

Not voting: Frostmoon and Persus13

Extension requests: 0/4
Shorten requests: 0/5

Day ends in just under 24 hours, at 9:00 PM PST Friday, September 11th.  There are two extensions available.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2015, 09:14:30 am »

Unvote

Tntey you have almost no accusations and I don't think I've seen you scum hunt, then you voted for Griffionday
Unvote. griffonday Fillkp made some good points.
You didn't pressure them anymore, that's some damm lazy voting if I've ever seen it.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2015, 11:59:20 am »

So... both of the people I think are suspicious are voting for Griffionday. Griffionday, you're actually not in a great spot right now. I might not agree with filipk and tntey, but I'll use their votes for what I can.
If you mean voting Griffionday, this would cause a nolynch, and would seem quite scummy.. Are you actually going to use your vote currently on me in any other way? Sorry I forgot to blue my FOS, it was meant to be explicit... you seem to be voting semi-randomly, based on vibes and not looking scummy from your earlier statement.

You prompted Frostmoon back into the game at one point and discussed a little with him but put he put you  under no or little pressure to explain his actions, and you did even less. At the VERY beginning, 2 pages in, Frostmoon reacted in a normal-ish way to your sudden attacks, but then recently you two have just stopped talking to one another. Now you FOS/vote(vote probably equally important, under these circumstances currently) for the person pushing an attack on Frostmoon and questioning you a little.

@FROSTMOON: can you EVER show me a time in which you attacked or pressurised Frostmoon in any way, or were anything but friendly towards him? (Above relevant too)

@Everyone: can you see a time when Frostmoon ever really put Moonlit on the spot?

FOS'ing Moonlit
And if Frostmoon's scum, he almost definitely gets my vote tommorrow, as things stand.
One wheel short of a wagon

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2015, 02:17:33 pm »

NJW2000
Firstly, as Frostmoon said, she is a lady, and the fact that you only refer to her as masculine is rather indicative of you not reading anything she says close enough: which you /should/ be doing if you are a town member who doesn't absolutely know that she is a mafia member.

If you mean voting Griffionday, this would cause a nolynch, and would seem quite scummy..
It would "seem" to be a indicate of them being anti-town? do tell me why it wouldn't actually "be" and indicator of that.

@Everyone: can you see a time when Frostmoon ever really put Moonlit on the spot?
Thank you for the reminder to look through the old posts, a very interesting picture emerged about you.  You came in, very quickly tunneled down Frostmoon, and told us your impression of Moonlit.  You also asked a very curious question that I will get back to in a minute.  After that you tunneled Frostmoon some more, seemed apologetic for earlier calling Moonlit a noob, lurk for a while, and then recently decided to start tunneling him again as soon as he becomes suspicious of you.

On to the question:
Moonlit: why did you jump in first, as wouldn't we get more information out of a scum first post, which would get them noticed early on but make them look town? Just a question.
There are so many things about this question that are problematic from a town perspective:

@FROSTMOON: can you EVER show me a time in which you attacked or pressurised Frostmoon in any way, or were anything but friendly towards him? (Above relevant too)
Can you show me a time you've done anything other than as a couple questions about general play and

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2015, 02:18:55 pm »

Apparently hitting space while "post" is selected posts, was working on the tabbing for the list...

I'll finish the post in a moment.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2015, 02:26:37 pm »

Quote from: fillipk
so as to that @Everyone would you rather be scum partners with an IC or a newb and why?

I would rather have an IC because they are better and less likely to get caught and therefore more likely to win for me.
I would like everyone to answer this
Why?
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 11, 2015, 02:28:02 pm »

nvm I'll finish reading before posting.
Or not it's cool.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 11, 2015, 02:29:22 pm »

NJW2000
Firstly, as Frostmoon said, she is a lady, and the fact that you only refer to her as masculine is rather indicative of you not reading anything she says close enough: which you /should/ be doing if you are a town member who doesn't absolutely know that she is a mafia member.

If you mean voting Griffionday, this would cause a nolynch, and would seem quite scummy..
It would "seem" to be a indicate of them being anti-town? do tell me why it wouldn't actually "be" and indicator of that.

Thank you for the reminder to look through the old posts, a very interesting picture emerged about you.  You came in, very quickly tunneled down Frostmoon, and told us your impression of Moonlit.  You also asked a very curious question that I will get back to in a minute.  After that you tunneled Frostmoon some more, seemed apologetic for earlier calling Moonlit a noob, lurk for a while, and then recently decided to start tunneling him again as soon as he becomes suspicious of you.

On to the question:
Moonlit: why did you jump in first, as wouldn't we get more information out of a scum first post, which would get them noticed early on but make them look town? Just a question.
There are so many things about this question that are problematic from a town perspective:
  • You know that Moonlit is town
  • You would know if the first poster was mafia
  • You think the first post makes someone look town
  • You almost seem to think that this is a good thing in the long run
You may as well have come out of the gate literally saying "I am a mafia member."  I don't know why I forgot about this question, but it is beyond bad.

Can you show me a time you've done anything other than ask a couple questions about general play and investigated anyone other than Frostmoon and Moonlit?

Everyone:
I am willing to lynch either Frostmoon or NJW2000 today.  Tntey has played terribly (not overly mafia like to my mind, but not terribly town-like either), but as he has claimed cop I think we should let him live at least until tomorrow to see the results of that.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 11, 2015, 03:12:00 pm »

Okkk..... :P

I would agree with some of those points. And, in retrospect, my play was pretty terrible. Also, I think I might have apologised for calling Frostmoon "he", then still done it. A lot. I wish I could edit those posts. Sorry. Bad, bad NJW200. Escpecially if it was the thing that led to Frostmoon sitting out for a bit :-[

In order: "seem": yes, I used vague language as I was saying something hypothetical as I didn't understand Moonlit's post.

I have also looked a bit at tntey, but yeah, couldn't read much on other players...

You know that Moonlit is town
    You would know if the first poster was mafia
    You think the first post makes someone look town
    You almost seem to think that this is a good thing in the long run
This makes me slightly, slightly suspiscious of you. BECAUSE NOBODY, FIRST POST OR LURKER< IS GOING TO SAY THEY ARE MAFIA. I ASSUMED MOONLIT WOULD CLAIM TO BE TOWN WHATEVER I SAID TO HER, BECAUSE... LOGIC. There's no way she wouldn't, I took it as spoken. Also, my first mafia post. Ever. This is really not hard, and a major error on your part, but hey, maybe you got a bit carried away due to my admittedly scummy play. 2nd point: see first. 3rd point: yeah, I thought conversationality was important. I only read like one game of this. Why is this a problem? I don't really think this is true on all levels, maybe just a superficial one, I was trying to guess at motives. 4. DO you mean the "just a question" thing? I don't entirely understand, clarify.

I probably can't show you a time, except for fairly general questions about Tntey and... you, perhaps once? But I can't get a read on anyone, and to my mind, Frostmoon is scum. From my read on him, this is a definite enough point to be a cornerstone in my logic. I'm pretty sure this was my only major attack on Moonlit, though, the rest was just trying to understand his play.

Can I just clarify: my suspiscions of Moonlit come from a convition that Frost is Mafia. Try reading the game assuming that she is, the you'll see Moonlit playing a bit more scummily. If however we found out she was not, I would be much more confused and less suspiscious of Moonlit.

Also, nice work not answering my questions. Despite quoting them.

Hope this answers everything.

And can I apologise wholeheartedly for calling Frostmoon "he", and will try to never do this again.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 11, 2015, 03:15:55 pm »

I'd be okay with a filipk lynch.
Or not it's cool.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 11, 2015, 03:25:58 pm »

What.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2015, 03:41:11 pm »

NJW2000:
    You know that Moonlit is town
    You would know if the first poster was mafia
    You think the first post makes someone look town
    You almost seem to think that this is a good thing in the long run
This makes me slightly, slightly suspiscious of you. BECAUSE NOBODY, FIRST POST OR LURKER< IS GOING TO SAY THEY ARE MAFIA. I ASSUMED MOONLIT WOULD CLAIM TO BE TOWN WHATEVER I SAID TO HER, BECAUSE... LOGIC. There's no way she wouldn't, I took it as spoken. Also, my first mafia post. Ever. This is really not hard, and a major error on your part, but hey, maybe you got a bit carried away due to my admittedly scummy play. 2nd point: see first. 3rd point: yeah, I thought conversationality was important. I only read like one game of this. Why is this a problem? I don't really think this is true on all levels, maybe just a superficial one, I was trying to guess at motives. 4. DO you mean the "just a question" thing? I don't entirely understand, clarify.
1-2: Okay, you missed my point.  The only reason you would ask this question is if all those assumptions were made about the actual individual, not what they say:
3: That was more of an aside, but why do you say that "conversationality is important" when responding to a comment saying that you think something makes someone look town?
4: I'll admit this was the weakest of my problems with the question: It's the way that you say we will get more information because "[mafia talking first] would get them noticed early on but make them look town?"

Also, nice work not answering my questions. Despite quoting them.
Such hard work, too. :P

And can I apologise wholeheartedly for calling Frostmoon "he", and will try to never do this again.
You say that but...
I ASSUMED MOONLIT WOULD CLAIM TO BE TOWN WHATEVER I SAID TO HER, BECAUSE... LOGIC

-snip-

...Frostmoon is scum. From my read on him, this is a definite enough point to be a cornerstone in my logic.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 11, 2015, 03:47:11 pm »

Well fuck me. I'm not used to thinking hard, writing lots and not editing my posts at the same time. Sorry.

Did you sort of degenerate into mocking and exposing my charcter flaws a little in the last bit there?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: Day 1: Believing Drunken Rants (IC Replacement Needed)
« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2015, 03:50:15 pm »

I'll have a longer post incoming, just wanted to cover a few things regarding extensions.

Also, there's no need to turn gendered pronouns into a scumtell. It can be tough to figure out someone's gender on the internet. Please chill on that front, just remember that Frostmoon (and Tiruin for that matter) are described as her, not him.

ICs: why would a scum want an extend? Not FoS, Persus, just want to know.
Scum would want an extend for many of the same reasons town would, namely, they're busy doing other stuff, think the extend will cause the target they are voting to be lynched, or prevent themselves/someone else (scumbuddy for scum, potential other town for town) from being lynched. Extensions are something I don't find very alignment-indicative because of this, and I'm far more interested in the arguments over when or if extensions help the town, because often they get wasted. Extensions are probably the perfect example of just because something is anti-town, doesn't mean its scummy, something I keep having to bring up, I feel like.

Persus13
Who do you think that town should lynch tonight, and why?
Right now, I'd have to go with NJW, I don't particularly like his case on frostmoon, and his attempts to paint moonlit and frostmoon as the scumteam before either have flipped doesn't feel right. I do think frostmoon and moonlit have been fairly scummy (partly because your case against frostmoon makes sense, and partly because of moonlit's early D1 behavior), but I have yet to take a good look at either of them (something I hope to rectify). Roo hasn't posted much but I'm not sure I know why he's voting for frostmoon. Your play has been a tad too aggressive for my personal taste, but I haven't seen anything necessarily scummy, aside from I'm not sure how making a point of refusing to answer fillipk's questions is as pro-town as you claim, or why you seem concerned about it. Not sure what to think of fillipk, he needs a closer look as well.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18