Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - Town Victory  (Read 28714 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI - D1: Believing Drunken Rants (Replacement Needed)
« Reply #225 on: September 13, 2015, 01:20:58 am »

Apologies for the delay.  Processing day end now.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - N1: No Replacement Needed!
« Reply #226 on: September 13, 2015, 01:33:22 am »

The decision is made, in a standard democratic way, to eliminate the now-sleeping Frostmoon.  NJW takes the job of executing her, slitting her throat.  A few seconds after the throat-slitting, a sort of trickle of high-visibility magical energy joins her lost blood.  The energy decays the wood of the floor it hits.  This must have been the necromancer's work.

Day 1 has ended!

Votecount:
*Frostmoon - NJW2000, Griffionday, (2)
*Griffionday - tntey (1)
*NJW2000 - The Moonlit Shadow (1)
*tntey - (0)
*fillipk - roo (1)
*Ddynamo - (0)
*The Moonlit Shadow -(0)
*roo - (0)
*Persus13 - (0)
No Lynch - (0)

Not voting: Frostmoon, fillipk, Ddynamo, and Persus13

Extension requests: 2/4 (roo, fillipk)
Shorten requests: 0/5

Frostmoon has been lynched!  She was the mafia rolecop!

Night 1 ends at 9:00 PM PST Monday, September 14th.  Please PM me your actions (if any) before then.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 11:00:03 pm by Jack A T »
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - D2: Fire!
« Reply #227 on: September 14, 2015, 11:03:52 pm »

Smoke.  So much smoke.  All wake up to the smell of smoke.

The inn is burning.

There is just enough time for anyone to evacuate safely, and seven soldiers do so.  One, though is missing.  It is too late now to check his room, but something, or rather someone, must have stopped NJW from evacuating.

Those who remain take their horses and gallop in the direction of the capital.  There is no time to get too involved in the Gray Toad Inn's future.

Day 2 has begun!

Votecount:
*Griffionday - (0)
*tntey - (0)
*fillipk - (0)
*Ddynamo - (0)
*The Moonlit Shadow -(0)
*roo - (0)
*Persus13 - (0)
No Lynch - (0)

Not voting: Griffionday, tntey, fillipk, Ddynamo, The Moonlit Shadow, roo, and Persus13

Extension requests: 0/3
Shorten requests: 0/4

NJW2000 has been killed!  He was a vanilla townie!

Day 2 ends at 9:00 PM PST Thursday, September 17th.  There are two extensions available.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LVI: The Messengers - D2: Fire!
« Reply #228 on: September 14, 2015, 11:07:31 pm »

* Tiruin cheers the people here!
Go players, go!

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 14, 2015, 11:13:15 pm »

turns out I was just being a buster and griff actually is awesome. My initial instincts were right. Ummmmmm what else. Oh am not sure about actually I am thinking last scum is inexperienced with not tying the votes. I say that only because That's what I would have done. Filipk and I both asked for extensions I think filipk maybe would have tied the vote idk tho on njw.

tntey easiest vote of my life tho looking at the votes.
Or not it's cool.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 14, 2015, 11:21:10 pm »

* Tiruin cheers the people here!
Go players, go!
As the soldiers fled the burning building, a patriotic onlooker cheered them on.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 14, 2015, 11:41:02 pm »

I was think NJW was scum, but I wanted them to answer my question to confirm, guess not.  I'm with Roo on this Tntey he played like scum day 1 and wasn't night killed
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 15, 2015, 01:51:26 am »

Oh well. That was pretty fun. :)

I'll be watching this with interest.
One wheel short of a wagon

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 15, 2015, 04:32:20 am »

Darnit. If NJW2000 didn't die I could easily reveal as a policeman and he was townie. But the stupid mafia had to go and kill him.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 15, 2015, 04:42:34 am »

hmmmmmmm nobody cc'd him last dp. I forgot about that tbh. unvote. I'll unvote as there is no cc currently and am on. If there is we win the game. Am suprised that persus didn't vote for anyone. Maf must have for some reason been threatened by njw so I'll look at his posts to see who he scumspected. Mafia might be most likely been killing off the wagon tho. Which is good strategy as the people on the wagon are more trustworthy/townie than people not on the mafia wagon. That is why bussing is so unexpected since it is tactically bad gameplay especially day 1.

Gameplay/post hoc rationale (not really): I mentioned in case anyone was wondering about filipk and I extending because it makes more sense for mafia to extend in that situation since they know their partner is dying. inb4 did you just claim mafia.
Or not it's cool.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 15, 2015, 09:30:36 am »

Based on the votes I'm willing to knock the scummy people down to tntey, Persus13, and The Moonlit Shadow.

I should add myself because I never did vote Frostmoon, and tried to extend but all I can say is I had no idea about Frostmoon.

Out of the three I would say that tntey acted like scum, Persus sort of attacked part of the accusations of Frostmoon, and Moonlit kept up a case against NJW.  I did make other cases but I honestly didn't put a lot of effort in them, and tntey jumped on the first one for no real good reason.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 16, 2015, 01:19:34 am »

Huh... NJW2000 was a townie then... Well then, thank you to the mafia; certainly cleared that red herring for us.

I would like to hear more from you Persus, the one thing that you gave us that seems to have any weight (aka, doesn't seem to just be your IC mode response) doesn't really tell us much. But on the other hand you /have/ been busy and as you say you haven't really looked over much in the thread.  At this point you are my only truly null-read though; which is somewhat uncomfortable.  What do you think of NJW's flip?  You seemed to say he was who you thought we would be best served by lynching.

fillipk, now that you know two people's alignments, do their answer's to your questions tell you anything new?

Now to look back through and see who thought that NJW was actually a credible enough townie to remove; though I know this path will lead to wine and madness...

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 16, 2015, 02:13:37 am »

Sorry, that came out hard on NJW.
If you're reading I meant that I though that you were about as likely to be mafia as anyone else, possibly a bit more so, so removing you removes confusion from the game (for me at least), which confuses me. Which may be the point of night-killing you.

Curse you,  remaining mafia member!

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 16, 2015, 04:14:54 am »

shorten request
Or not it's cool.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 16, 2015, 05:19:35 pm »

Huh... NJW2000 was a townie then... Well then, thank you to the mafia; certainly cleared that red herring for us.

I would like to hear more from you Persus, the one thing that you gave us that seems to have any weight (aka, doesn't seem to just be your IC mode response) doesn't really tell us much. But on the other hand you /have/ been busy and as you say you haven't really looked over much in the thread.  At this point you are my only truly null-read though; which is somewhat uncomfortable.  What do you think of NJW's flip?  You seemed to say he was who you thought we would be best served by lynching.

fillipk, now that you know two people's alignments, do their answer's to your questions tell you anything new?

Now to look back through and see who thought that NJW was actually a credible enough townie to remove; though I know this path will lead to wine and madness...
No not yet, and I need to go back and look to be sure, what do you think of my assumption on who the possible mafia members are?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18