Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Killing your own dwarves?  (Read 6631 times)

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
Killing your own dwarves?
« on: September 27, 2015, 07:09:17 am »

I  got a dwarf with a strange mood(withdraw from society) , and i dont knew what workshop he needed.I almost got all of them built , so thats weird.Now hes babbling around , and i really want to kill him.....
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Killing your own dwarves?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 07:10:53 am »

No need to kill him. Just wait - he'll die of starvation or dehydration. When they're mad they don't eat or drink.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Wheeljack

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes explosions for their BOOM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 08:42:04 am »

To add onto to what was posted above me, letting him die of "natural" causes instead of some other gruesome way is also better for any living dwarves that he's friends with. They're still gonna be unhappy when he does kick the bucket, but a little less so than if you mangled him up in traps or something.

If you don't like him wandering around, try to catch him when he wanders into a room with a door. Just forbid the door and he'll be stuck in there until he starves/dehydrates. This will also let you control who goes to pick up his dead body for burial. Remove corpse retrieval on any dwarf that knew him and only strangers will go haul him away.

Though, if you're set on killing him, there's traps, atom smashing him (this one will be tricky since you can't borrow him), letting him wander outside to greet the wildlife/enemy. You could also drown him if you have that sort of thing set up, etc, etc. Honestly, though, it's probably easier just let him kick it on his own time, especially if you have nothing already set up. By the time you get it built, he might already have died.

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 11:23:39 am »

I could have locked him , but hes babbling in the barracks / stockpile / metting area / workshops....

EDIT:Locked him in the lever room.He have two pets  and have friendly terms with many other dwarves.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 11:32:25 am by KillerHP »
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 08:54:26 am »

Locked [the insane dwarf] in the lever room.

What can go wrong? :)
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 12:34:14 pm »

Im sigging that