Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28

Author Topic: THE SYSTEM - Game Over!  (Read 34751 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Active Cycle 3 [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #315 on: October 20, 2015, 07:54:51 am »

Pfp. Post analysis when I get time within the day.

If you check the OP, cult conversion is possible in this set up. But I don't know that there'd be two scum teams AND a cult conversion.

More soon.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 20, 2015, 02:06:56 pm »

Quarantine Count
notquitethere: Deus Asmoth

Active Cycle 3 ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 20, 2015, 02:43:50 pm »

Well this day is off to a roaring start.

Another modified post:

Data Unrecoverable. Quarantining corrupted data.

I don't remember seeing that one get scrambled before getting quarantined.  Did anyone else see anything?

TheDarkStar:
Could viruses be a cult? This game might be large enough for that.
So instead of idle speculation would you like to try scumhunting now?  Because you've done practically none of it so far this game. 

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 20, 2015, 02:46:03 pm »

Which reminds me, I tried to (in-thread) ask Meph-as-the-System what possible roles are.

I'm still vaguely suspicious of OSG but I have no clue why.

@Tomasque: None taken.

Everyone: If you were scum, who would you target?  If you were a guard, who would you block?
Think this is the post.  May have accidentally grabbed one with the wrong timestamp.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 20, 2015, 02:46:21 pm »

Timestamp is right.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 21, 2015, 10:38:28 am »

NQT, Any movement on the post analysis?

Post Breakdown

So past games have shown that in general, town players are able to generate more attacks on a wider range of players than scum (who tend not to want to draw attention to themselves and make enemies). Adware Teneb had only two targets, for instance.

We can see the breakdown of attacks like so:

Living Players - Unique Targets
Deus Asmoth - 5
Shakerag - 5
Peradon - 4
notquitethere - 4
TheBiggerFish - 4
TheDarkStar - 3
origamiscienceguy - 3

This puts TDS and OSG in the bottom rung. As neither are inexperienced players, at least one of them is probably scum. Deus Asmoth and Shakerag, by this measure, are the best fit for town, purely on grounds of engagement.

Additionally TBF has the highest postcount, which my research has shown to almost never be achieved by a scum player. So TBF is probably town or some form of 3rd party.

Adware
It's pretty clear that we have two kinds of enemy in this game: Adware and Viruses. My theory is different town players are set up to attack different kinds of threats. Teneb was adware and that seemed to be his rolename and teamname:
No Virus or Adware signatures detected.

Initial identification of program as Adware.
This makes me think that maybe there's only one adware in the game. OSG is probably telling the truth (unless they have one of those scum-type roles designed for this kind of fakeclaim). This means that unless they're about to drop the killer case that'll win town the game, TheDarkStar is our best fit for scum at this time.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 21, 2015, 02:02:03 pm »

Also, according to the lurker tracker, TDS has the least amount of posts.

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 21, 2015, 02:07:18 pm »

TDS as per NQT analysis.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 21, 2015, 03:04:23 pm »

TBF, NQT is not infallible and it's entirely possible that he has a vested interest in seeing certain people lynched. Someone else saying someone is scummy isn't a reason for you to vote for them unless you actually have reasons to agree with them.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 21, 2015, 03:30:36 pm »

Quarantine Count
notquitethere: Deus Asmoth
TheDarkStar: notquitethere, origamiscienceguy, Shakerag, TheBiggerFish

Active Cycle 3 ends ~5pm Pacific Today (About 3.5 hours)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 21, 2015, 04:26:49 pm »

Deus Asmoth:
TBF, NQT is not infallible and it's entirely possible that he has a vested interest in seeing certain people lynched. Someone else saying someone is scummy isn't a reason for you to vote for them unless you actually have reasons to agree with them.
Wouldn't TBF's voting for TDS seem to indicate he agrees with NQT's reasoning?  (All the acronyms, wtf)

Are you suspicious of NQT's analysis then?  It seems to be pretty consistent with other post analyses I've seen from him.

TBF:
Which reminds me, I tried to (in-thread) ask Meph-as-the-System what possible roles are.

I'm still vaguely suspicious of OSG but I have no clue why.

@Tomasque: None taken.

Everyone: If you were scum, who would you target?  If you were a guard, who would you block?
Think this is the post.  May have accidentally grabbed one with the wrong timestamp.
Seems like an odd post to corrupt.  Especially since you've made it clear you're copying all of your posts to PM.  Either the post corruption has some kind of secondary effect on the player who's post got corrupted, or maybe some posts are just getting corrupted randomly.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 21, 2015, 04:39:18 pm »

It seems kind of random, yes, but I'd like to note the difference between my post and Peradon's: Peradon's post got garbled, mine just went missing.
Maybe the disappearing is the system itself unloading things or garbage collection gone wrong?  ...Neeerh.  But there is something about HOW the corruption happened that strikes me as important here.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 21, 2015, 04:44:05 pm »

...Oh CARP, just thought of why there might be random data going missing.  Maybe that's how the night kill happens, a certain amount of corruption crashes a program.
Still weird how it would be targeting me, I'm probably better left alive for diverting suspicion from actual mafia.
Then again now I've said that any advantage from said is gone.  Oh well.  I'm surprised I survived the opening firestorm, frankly.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 21, 2015, 06:30:35 pm »

Also, according to the lurker tracker, TDS has the least amount of posts.

Unfortunately true. Of course, I generally have lower activity. If someone like NQT had the lowest post count, that would be suspicious because that doesn't match his meta, but for me it's not especially suspicious.

TDS as per NQT analysis.

Do you have anything to add? Do you think lynching lurkers is the best strategy? Do you have any questions or are you just casting a vote to get a lynch?

This. It's actually really odd that two people immediately vote the same as NQT without posting any of their own reasons other than their trust of NQT.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 21, 2015, 06:38:07 pm »

@TDS:The question with any vote is "Why should I not lynch you."  Consider it asked.  But mostly, he's done actual analysis.  Nobody else has.  And I don't know you all well enough to do any actual analysis save for posting the post numbers and vote patterns.
So no, I don't think I have anything to add/ask at this time.  If I think of something, I will ask it.

Basically, NQT gave me actual numbers to look at.  Thus, I looked at them.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28