Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 154685 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 3 - Alchemy Violates the Geneva Convention
« Reply #225 on: October 24, 2015, 12:04:33 am »

Should I ask specifics about my history and my medabot, or just roleplay prefered ones? Such as my police combat skills origin, or how I obtained my medabot or it's specifications?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 24, 2015, 12:32:18 am »

Should I ask specifics about my history and my medabot, or just roleplay prefered ones? Such as my police combat skills origin, or how I obtained my medabot or it's specifications?

The Articles were conceived as a pure gameplay mechanic (I've started giving everyone Article-related introductions to add some flair to each character), so you can roleplay your explanation for them however you want; your character's history and specifications are up to you.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2015, 02:28:25 am »

I likely intend to play this more than just this time, so to help me become more attached to my character, I will name them Angelina Silva. Portuguese for "messenger of the forest".

*Detective Silva and her Medabot begin walking to a store with painting supplies.*

Temos de encontrar o homem antes que isso fique pior.

Execute/Dumbo.exe...

*Silva nods with a fox grin on her face.*

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 24, 2015, 02:52:26 am »

((DAMNIT YOU ASS))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 24, 2015, 02:59:32 am »

Does having a loyal Medabot imply, I also possess a MedaWatch?

A MedaWatch, I've learned, is a tech that allows me to store the MedaBot's medal, a physical respresentation of its' mind and soul, when it is offline.

The wearer may then teleport the Medabot to their side when needed, and insert the medal back in to reactivate the bot.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 24, 2015, 03:33:00 am »

Oh, forget.

To help me get to the paint supply store:
Use MedaBot's internal GPS
Investigating and Evidence Analysis to determine where Execute/Dumbo.exe is likely to go, having used Lawful means to learn about him, previously.
And of course my hobby in Painting should likely assist me in finding it aswell.

Edit: DO NOT FOLLOW or engage Dumbo if spotted. Just enter the paint supply store.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 05:08:40 am by GameBoyBlue »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 24, 2015, 03:52:41 am »

Does having a loyal Medabot imply, I also possess a MedaWatch?

A MedaWatch, I've learned, is a tech that allows me to store the MedaBot's medal, a physical respresentation of its' mind and soul, when it is offline.

The wearer may then teleport the Medabot to their side when needed, and insert the medal back in to reactivate the bot.

I wasn't intending to give you a MedaWatch, but it sounds reasonable.
Oh, forget.

To help me get to the paint supply store:
Use MedaBot's internal GPS
Investigating and Evidence Analysis to determine where Execute/Dumbo.exe is likely to go, having used Lawful means to learn about him, previously.
And of course my hobby in Painting should likely assist me in finding it aswell.

As I've stated before, the Articles are defined fairly strictly. The Investigation and Evidence Analysis will come into play, as that is what is literally being performed in the action. Law will not apply, as it pertains to Actions in the field of law, which is not applicable to the current situation or doing some action "lawfully". (If the action was about actually discerning whether an action was legal or not, then the bonus would be applied.) The Painting Article does not apply because being skilled or interested in a subject does not correlate with knowing where all the stores in that area would be.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 4 - Art Thugz
« Reply #232 on: October 24, 2015, 05:20:39 am »

Round 4: Art Thugz

Person's car hit the curb and gave him a jolt; and while the paint job on the front will suffer, there was no non-cosmetic, until Tomasque began shooting through the rear window. During the brief opportunity where Tomasque is reloading his pistol, Person slams open the front door and runs to the other side of the car, ducking down underneath it. He pops up, spraying more shots in Tomasque's direction. (9+2 vs. 3+2) Two of the bullets sink into Tomasque's abdomen, causing him to stagger backwards.

Lermfish heads deeper into the woods in search of more animals to befriend, his Wolf Companion following him by his side. (10) On his way, Lerm spots a soft brown face with a squishy nose staring at him from the interior of a bush with its black beady eyes. "Hey little guy," Lermfish says, extending his hand. The woodland creature exits the bush, or rather, as the creature stands the bush gives way. It is a bear. "Oh. You're not so little. Do you want to come along." The bear eagerly nods. (+Ally: Bear Companion)

Powder Miner retrieves the Small Stick, intending to turn it into a proper smacking tool. He marches into town with his Jaffa, searching for someone to demonstrate the power of the stick on. The two of them happen upon an EMT kneeling down in front of a burning house, performing CPR on an unconscious human. The medic, focused completely on administering aid, is taken by complete surprise when Miner smacks him upside the head with a stick. "What in the-" The medic shakes his head and furiously glares at P.M., but his glare softens when he notices the bulky Jaffa standing besides him casually swinging the War Staff back and forth in his hand. The EMT puts his hands up, "Please, I don't know why you would do this...there are people who need help and you thugs are taking advantage of them to loot their stuff..."

Megggas peeks around and with the firestorm over, he exits the sewers and gets back onto the now deserted road. With the city abandoned, he heads towards one of the unoccupied stores in search of goods. (4+2) Megggas enters a drugstore that's been partially damaged by the firestorm, but still looks like it could contain useful items. The door is locked, but he manages to enter through the broken front window, (2) with an attempt to hurtle that lands him falling face-first into a pile of shattered glass, which gives him cuts all over the front of his body from the waist-up.

Pikorge bows respectfully to the body of Peradon, who put up an honorable fight. He takes Peradon's Broadsword, (it would take too long to strip him of his armor, plus Pikorge is already suited up) and brings it over to his fancy Rover 200 Coupe. He throws the Broadsword and his Officer's Sword on the floorboard of the backseat, insuring that if he has to break sharply the sword don't impale him. He gets in the driver's seat and puts down the road, heading Southwards and ready to flatten any opposition in his way. Pikorge passes ambulances and firefighters, but there is no sign of any opponents; he reaches the southern edge of the town with no issues.

Tomasque is bleeding everywhere; man, this actually was worse than anything he went through in 'Nam. (9) Despite bleeding all over the road, Tom is able to stay on his feet, if a bit wobbly, a retrieve his Really Spiky Plant in a Pot. "You think a few shots with the peashooter is all it takes to stop ole' Tom? You must be crazy! Have a plant!" His attempt at witty combat repertoire is followed by him chucking the plant over the car at Person's position. (4 vs. 2) The actual plant fails to hit Person, but the pot lands a glancing blow off his head before shattering on the sidewalk.

Execute and Yuri continue walking down the main street, looking for any sort of place that could contain paintings. (1) Finally, they come across a modest local store paintings downtown that looks like it is in relatively good shape. "Good news Yuri, we have finally found a destination," he states opening up the door. "Now we only-" Execute was planning to find an older, graying thin woman inside behind the  counter whom he could discuss artistry with, not a fist to the face. He clutches his nose and falls to the asphalt as two bandanna-clad figures appear from the inside of the store, one of them holding a large sack carrying what undoubtedly are stolen pictures, the second wielding a crowbar.
"Bro, these dudes look crazy! They must be the motherfucking owners and they came back!"
"They wasn't supposed to come back! Fucking jump 'em, take their cash!"
Yuri sprints in front of Execute and pulls out his Dagger. "Stand back my liege, I'll hold them off!" (9 vs. 10) The bandit hoisting the paintings runs for it as the Boyar and the remaining felon duke it out in a duel of swings, neither hitting each other. Eventually, the two of them get tied up and drop to the ground, losing their weapons and engaging in a grappling match, the bandit having a slightly better position. (6 vs. 7) His attempts to choke Yuri out are all foiled as Yuri wraps up one of his arms.
Execute gets back to his feet, still nursing his bruised nose. His current plan had fell apart, if only he had realized the possibility of looters sucker-punching him in the face and messing everything up.

Angelina Silva and her Medabot set on the prowl for a paintshop, which they find in no time thanks to the Medabot's internal GPS system; Silva didn't even have to use her detective powers this time. The two of them come across Execute, who appears to be shielding his face from two bulky men tumbling around on the ground.

Andres looks at the fallen body of Abstract and realizes that he has a purpose in life; to dispose of all assholes. With his gun in his palm, he swiftly exits the playground looking for more justice to enforce. He walks around the surrounding area, looking for some jerk to pop a cap in, but it's relatively quiet where he is. There does appear to be a lot of human noise coming from the south, and in that direction he sees some concealed dude running through the streets with a big stash. To the north, he sees some sort of yellow gas seeping into the area....

[The Mustard Gas Cloud begins to descend on the northern border of the town. It is closest to Andres, Angelina Silva, Execute, and Powder Miner.]

Spoiler: Andres (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Powder Miner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Megggas (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tomasque (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: pikorge (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lermfish (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fr0stByt3 (click to show/hide)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 24, 2015, 05:33:07 am »

"DAMNIT, YOU, BANDIT, WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS, WE'LL BE KILLED IF WE DON'T START RUNNING."
Engage diplomacy, if bandit does not yield and start running, try to grab him off Yuri and use him as a shield via throwing him at the medabot, then run, helping Yuri up along the way.
Edit: ((Oh, right, are all the paintings stolen?))
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 05:40:40 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

pikorge

• Bay Watcher
  • bird on the dancefloor
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 24, 2015, 06:55:09 am »

Yay, 2 swords.
Drive to Tomasques location and try to ram him and his oponnent.

Re: You are the evo ape.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 24, 2015, 11:04:04 am »

Leap over Person's cover and fill him full of lead!
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 24, 2015, 12:15:15 pm »

"DAMNIT, YOU, BANDIT, WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS, WE'LL BE KILLED IF WE DON'T START RUNNING."
Engage diplomacy, if bandit does not yield and start running, try to grab him off Yuri and use him as a shield via throwing him at the medabot, then run, helping Yuri up along the way.

Execute/Dumbo.exe! I can help if you don't run! I am a painter, let's team up!

If a roll is [raised] greater than 10, is it [just] considered a 10?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:48:07 pm by GameBoyBlue »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 24, 2015, 02:45:02 pm »

Keep firing!

(So is ammo still basically abstracted in this? Like, when do I have to reload, if at all.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 24, 2015, 10:39:29 pm »

Probably not. It was a large sack, but not that large.

If a roll is [raised] greater than 10, is it [just] considered a 10?
Rolls that beyond 10 get increasingly better the higher they are. The inverse is true for rolls that are less than 1.

(So is ammo still basically abstracted in this? Like, when do I have to reload, if at all.)

Ammo itself is unlimited, and your Pistol has a Short Reload, so you don't have to worry about it. I brought it up a few games ago, but the reload system works like this:

Short Reload - The weapon can be reloaded so quickly that it only effects your gameplay in the slightest. Handguns, Sub-Machine Guns, Bows, etc.
Moderate Reload - The weapon takes some time to arm once you run out of ammunition. The reload will not take up a whole turn but it will have some effects, ex., if you wanted to counter-attack but you're weapon was empty, you would lose the opportunity to counter and have to reload again. Rifles, Shotguns, Muskets, 'Long Guns' in general, Crossbows, etc.
Long Reload - The weapon requires an extensive reload that requires an entire turn devoted purely to reloading. Rocket Launchers, Sniper Rifles, Heavy Machine Guns, etc.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 24, 2015, 10:47:54 pm »

"WE SHALL SEE, IF WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE, YOU ARE TO DEACTIVATE THAT LUMBERING METAL BEAST YOU HAVE WITH YOU."
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 97