Advanced search  

Poll

No
- 9 (37.5%)
Yes
- 15 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]

Author Topic: European Union thread  (Read 47172 times)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: European Union thread
« Reply #570 on: November 13, 2015, 10:03:59 pm »

Here's betting that the guys that did it are second generation immigrants. Those, especially considering how disaffected the French second/third generation immigrants tend to be, are the biggest worry.
I'm wondering what's causing the disaffection?

The people to immigrate there will be thinking 'Much better than back home!', and of course that'll be lost on the next generations because they've grown up without a previous, worse living to compare it to in some comparatively less wealthy and less stable area, but beyond that, what's causing it? If it was just that you'd be seeing the native populations constantly coming up and staging uprisings...

Is there some desire to claim back their heritage or something?
Poor economic success and social exclusion, mostly. It's a recipe for disaster, and preventing it from happening should be a major priority for the rest of Europe. I don't expect that any preventative measures will be taken, anti-immigration parties being how they are, but one can always hope.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 13, 2015, 10:08:10 pm »

So yeah, looks like this could turn into the European 9/11.

Do you guys think France will now go to war in Syria? If they do, I hope Germany shows some solidarity and sends along the Bundeswehr. We've done jack shit for so long, and those killed and wounded in Paris were among those who paid the prize: It's time to own up to our mistakes.

I'd also like to remark that I'm disgusted by the xenophobes in this thread, but that goes without saying. If your reaction to some 150 people being killed is 'kick out dem goat-fuckers' you're not someone whose hand I'd shake. Show some Goaddamn respect - if not to the millions of Syrians, Iraqis etc whose lives have been destroyed, then at least for the victims of the Paris attacks.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 13, 2015, 10:17:54 pm »

snip
The French were already getting ready to send the De Gaulle to the Middle East. I doubt that this will do anything to change those plans. I doubt that they'll do anything beyond air strikes and perhaps some special forces stuff.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #573 on: November 13, 2015, 10:33:22 pm »

Is there some desire to claim back their heritage or something?
Poor economic success and social exclusion, mostly. It's a recipe for disaster, and preventing it from happening should be a major priority for the rest of Europe. I don't expect that any preventative measures will be taken, anti-immigration parties being how they are, but one can always hope.
A nice dream, that enlightened westerners can merely share their prosperity with immigrants and they will turn out to be nice westerners. It makes sense, every terrorist attack becomes Europe's fault for not being tolerant and progressive enough.

"Our ISIS fighters come from various backgrounds"
Yep, you got ones like Nasser Muthana who was a med student, Abu Hussain al Britani who was a hacker, Abu Taubah who was a London student and convert, Abu Bakr Al Khurassani who was a business student, Khalil al-Britani who was a failure who fucked up his GCSEs, Abu Usamah al-Eritri who was an estate agent with biomed degrees, Umm Layth who was privately educated in Scotland (most expensive education outside of London), Zubair Nur who was a petroleum geology student, Mohammed Ismail an English convert from coventry who went to Syria with two friends but came back alone e.t.c.
Estimates on the low end say 700 ISIS fighters, higher end 1,500 or more, check out them profiles if you're interested.
Which is why my hopes for Westerners are very slim, because so many of them cling so tightly to oppression narratives that they literally cannot see what is right in front of them even as it kills them.
From the Queen Mary study I talked about on September 11 (the date of that post only strikes me today as auspicious):
Having surveyed 600 Pakistani, Bangladeshi and other Muslim men and women from London and Bradford, sympathy for violent protest and terrorism was generally low, more were neutral and the great majority were opponents. But sympathy levels increased among those under 20, those in full time education rather than employment, those born in the UK, and high earners (£75,000 per year or more).
Economic success and integration fixed nothing and somehow made even more violent Islamists. Salafism is very popular in our Universities.
Why even have these people in your country?

Do you guys think France will now go to war in Syria? If they do, I hope Germany shows some solidarity and sends along the Bundeswehr. We've done jack shit for so long, and those killed and wounded in Paris were among those who paid the prize: It's time to own up to our mistakes.
Useless platitudes with pointless hopes from someone whose nation will never take action.

I'd also like to remark that I'm disgusted by the xenophobes in this thread, but that goes without saying. If your reaction to some 150 people being killed is 'kick out dem goat-fuckers' you're not someone whose hand I'd shake. Show some Goaddamn respect - if not to the millions of Syrians, Iraqis etc whose lives have been destroyed, then at least for the victims of the Paris attacks.
Show some respect? To the Syrians and Iraqis murdered by Islamists or the Parisians murdered by Islamists?
You're respecting them by shaking hands with the men who murdered them and the sons who will murder them?

Who let them into Europe?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 13, 2015, 10:36:47 pm »

I think people need to amplify their chill right now. This is a rough day for a lot of people, no need to inflame the rhetoric further.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 13, 2015, 10:38:37 pm »

Useless platitudes with pointless hopes from someone whose nation will never take action.

Show some respect? To the Syrians and Iraqis murdered by Islamists or the Parisians murdered by Islamists?
You're respecting them by shaking hands with the men who murdered them and the sons who will murder them?

Who let them into Europe?

I know you're being rhetorical and/or making a political jab at Germany, but depending on where your view of Europe begins and ends, either Greece or Turkey.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 13, 2015, 10:45:45 pm »

I think people need to amplify their chill right now. This is a rough day for a lot of people, no need to inflame the rhetoric further.
I've been amplifying my chill plenty the past weeks and months - I've said hardly a word about the rampant nationalism, xenophobia, and outright racism that's become the standard here. I've avoided insulting people, I've avoided ranting. But seeing these folks piss on the victims' graves before they've even been dug is too much. It's the people who don't even pause for breath between taking note of the attacks and carrying on their same old tune who make me ashamed to be European right now.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 13, 2015, 10:48:24 pm »

I've been amplifying my chill plenty the past weeks and months - I've said hardly a word about the rampant nationalism, xenophobia, and outright racism that's become the standard here. I've avoided insulting people, I've avoided ranting. But seeing these folks piss on the victims' graves before they've even been dug is too much. It's the people who don't even pause for breath between taking note of the attacks and carrying on their same old tune who make me ashamed to be European right now.
Yeah, there's a reason I haven't really posted in here beyond a PTW.

My chill is so amplified that it's practically frozen.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 13, 2015, 10:49:02 pm »

I hope to see a proper retaliation from France or whole EU.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]