Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1182 1183 [1184] 1185 1186 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883236 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #17745 on: April 29, 2016, 08:47:27 pm »

why does deep pass factor into this
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #17746 on: April 29, 2016, 08:48:22 pm »

because deep pass is broke af
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17747 on: April 29, 2016, 08:50:10 pm »

because deep pass is broke af

Deep pass is literally Periw's Hardlight scanner.... Double/triple damage to an allies attack.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17748 on: April 29, 2016, 09:11:22 pm »

Oh look, a volunteer to show how people don't pay attention (Sorry USEC, Had to :P)

@USEC, Red Carnival is an Ultimate Attack. It calls upon 100 puppets to attack enforce. Downsides are: Shiro gets KO'd because of the part that says "Prevents actions that use puppets". It has a timer of at least 5 turns before use.

Five turns before use? Which is not listed on her sheet at all? Which makes it seem extremely ridiculous and overpowered? Which is why everyone was talking about it? Hence the obviously sarcastic 'Shiro OP, pls nerf'? Because I had followed the conversation and everyone's arguments? So you can't yell at me for not paying attention?

Mostly because it factors greatly into Emp's theorycrafting. There's nothing wrong with it, so long as it can't stack with similar abilities, I just needed another example and yours was the first to spring into mind. TBF's Parry thing should have probably been substituted instead. Sorry about that.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17749 on: April 29, 2016, 09:14:41 pm »

Because it turns out that the horrifying reality-devouring abominations have a crippling vulnerability to American Football.

Well, that and I guess no discussion on burst damage is complete without mentioning a damage-boosting Action such as Hardlight Scanner, Aura Charge, or Deep Pass.

Goddamn it guys. You know what? Next forum game I run, everyone builds their characters using preset actions. So there'll be none of this Red Carnival or Deep Pass bullshit. Just perk bullshit, which will be more subdued and easier to catch with preset actions.
Or just ask players what they want and make something as close to it as possible possibly through combining premade components, don't let them even make their own Perks. Want God Hand? That's doable. Want Kinetic Shell? Too bad, here's a rubber chicken.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17750 on: April 29, 2016, 09:17:02 pm »

Or just ask players what they want and make something as close to it as possible possibly through combining premade components, don't let them even make their own Perks. Want God Hand? That's doable. Want Kinetic Shell? Too bad, here's a rubber chicken.

That could be an option. Except I'll probably get vague bullshit so... It's lose-lose either way.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17751 on: April 29, 2016, 09:18:35 pm »

Didn't the Rise of the Alterverse system, once revised, have a sort of ability-building thing? Maybe use an altered version of that part of the system?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17752 on: April 29, 2016, 09:19:21 pm »

no problemo
honestly I would prefer to have character appropiate abilities than have them be amazing :<
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #17753 on: April 29, 2016, 09:19:34 pm »

Alternatively, just grab another co-GM to help you review actions more closely instead of killing the freeform stuff that brought me (and surely others) to the game in the first place.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17754 on: April 29, 2016, 09:19:53 pm »

Speaking of Hardlight Scanner, what does it do fluff-wise? Seeing as it's apparently scanning the target using solid light which in my mental image consists of either shooting the foe in the throat and diligently analyzing the arterial spray, or breaking their legs with a hardlight pipe and leaving them vulnerable to a followup :P

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17755 on: April 29, 2016, 09:21:05 pm »

The lack of preset combinations and the sheer possible creativity is what I like about this character creation system -- I think it would NOT benefit from a preset-fixing and it would be a worse system and much less fun overall. All of these "it could break like this" things are completely overblown and a much much bigger deal is made of them then they have the ACTUAL potential to be, because the GMs can fix things when they become an actual problem, and people can call attention to things that become a problem.

I'm sorry Emp, but I really really don't like how you've focused the shift of this game OOC to potential combinations of "potential" things that could be problems but that the GMs have the capability to fix because what you propose would nullify one of the best tbings abiut the game for me. I don't care what people COULD do because GMs have the power to say no, and the power to tell rules lawyers no despite all their rules lawyering. The game is NOT tilted towards these mechanics as much as you talk as if it is anyway -- all these talks of superOPbroken things are in the end things that are marginal, and I feel that you're trying to force the game into a specific mechanics-oriented ultra-complex mold that I don't want to see.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17756 on: April 29, 2016, 09:25:00 pm »

Um, you might have mistimed that Powder, out of the recent stuff, I'm not the one who started complaining about Shirogane's Limit Break, nor asking for a re-review of Deep Pass.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17757 on: April 29, 2016, 09:26:16 pm »

It's not that I'm complaining about, you're the one suggesting a system shift

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17758 on: April 29, 2016, 09:27:03 pm »

It's not that I'm complaining about, you're the one suggesting a system shift
That isn't a system shift - USEC's talking about working on a completely different game.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17759 on: April 29, 2016, 09:27:57 pm »

I like the system as is. The thing I was suggesting was for USEC's game, which was specifically said to be using a different system to this.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 1182 1183 [1184] 1185 1186 ... 1328