Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1202 1203 [1204] 1205 1206 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 883592 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

i would expect activity to pick up once exam season ends
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for your loss.  I'm trying to fight a Gay boss and perform Arcane Rituals.

I am working on Gay Boss Battle setup
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Can the Donchaka critically dance?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

I literally do not care enough to tell yamal where to go
aside from looking for trouble
whichever job is closest to punching people

you know, there was a time when we had epic plots in this group (except not really, honestly) and a time when we had fun freeform shenanigans (sometimes) in this group

this RP feels like neither at the moment

but that's just like, my opinion man

maybe I'm just disillusioned in general
i cannot find myself in agreement

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

?
Black lives matter.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

i have been greatly enjoying this RP

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Absolutely disgusting.

In more serious news, I think that I've finally settled on the setting/background/idea for my new forum game. The players will be scientists/explorers who have gone into another dimension full of monsterpeople with vaguely medieval technology. The monsterpeople are nice and friendly and offer whatever help they can, so it's a pretty cushy job. Obviously this state of affairs doesn't last forever (or else it wouldn't be a very interesting game), and at some point the expedition's gate breaks down. Thankfully another gate/camp is not too far away but it'll take a couple day's journey by foot to reach it. Needless to say shit goes down on the journey, players start turning into monsterpeople, and the group will have to do their best to get back to Earth with their wits intact.

How does that sound? There won't be much customization in the very beginning, since it'll be tied to turning into monster people, and I'm not sure how much imperialism exploring monstergirl culture there'll be, but it should be a fairly interesting and involved game. Obviously I just need to figure out a set of mechanics to tie everything together but some early input never hurt anyone. I think.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

Could it be a sort of game where you are competing with your environment instead of badmonsters, like traps and Automotons in temples?

I want a good puzzle game.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There'll be puzzles in the endgame, which is probably a misleading name because that'll take up half of the game if I follow my current idea. Combat will definitely be a part of it, though I'm leaning towards 'combat will be a puzzle' at the moment. Or 'combat will have puzzle elements' or something. Which probably goes against the whole customization thing that Powder Miner and all want so... Hmmm... Probably a good idea to ask about how much customization they actually want in a game so I can work around that.

Mind you, I can't promise that they'll be good puzzles. I'll do my best and rip some off of video games, but making puzzles is pretty hard. :v

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

Please, steal as many as possible, None of my players in any of my games have recognized any puzzles I have ever made ever.

Maybe Give each player a puzzle solving mechanic, but only one, and as they become monsters, the flow changes?

I just want some good old fashioned Zack and Wiki Action, Will the enemies be mindless irredeemable monsters, or is my heart going to be broken?

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

Maybe Give each player a puzzle solving mechanic, but only one, and as they become monsters, the flow changes?
yes
do this
it makes me happy
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Will do, now that I have permission to.

The problem with a puzzle-solving mechanic is, again, customization. Building puzzles around stuff that may not exist doesn't sound all that great to me.

Zack and Wiki?

The enemies will be a thing. Trust me on this. Whether or not your heart is broken depends on how evil I'm feeling.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Absolutely disgusting.

In more serious news, I think that I've finally settled on the setting/background/idea for my new forum game. The players will be scientists/explorers who have gone into another dimension full of monsterpeople with vaguely medieval technology. The monsterpeople are nice and friendly and offer whatever help they can, so it's a pretty cushy job. Obviously this state of affairs doesn't last forever (or else it wouldn't be a very interesting game), and at some point the expedition's gate breaks down. Thankfully another gate/camp is not too far away but it'll take a couple day's journey by foot to reach it. Needless to say shit goes down on the journey, players start turning into monsterpeople, and the group will have to do their best to get back to Earth with their wits intact.

How does that sound? There won't be much customization in the very beginning, since it'll be tied to turning into monster people, and I'm not sure how much imperialism exploring monstergirl culture there'll be, but it should be a fairly interesting and involved game. Obviously I just need to figure out a set of mechanics to tie everything together but some early input never hurt anyone. I think.
the first paragraph sounds vaguely like horror
define "breaking down"
Black lives matter.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

In Zack and Wiki, you are a pirate with a magical monkey companion who can transform into a bell, when rung, this turns targets who can hear it into tools, and then back again, it revolves entirely around puzzles utilizing this and other mechanics to reach a treasure chest at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRQy9buQ_bA&list=PL535F845ADF690A5B

Best Puzzle game I have ever played, and I will be doing an Expy if allowed.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a problem with horror?

Also breaking down means that the gate stops working and the group can't fix it. So they can't go back to Earth anymore. Which is an obvious problem that can be fixed by going to the other, operational gate.

That... Sounds like a thing, Shadestyle. Probably not going to fit in with the game but eh. Have fun trying to anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 1202 1203 [1204] 1205 1206 ... 1328