Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37

Author Topic: Re: Dominions 4 Round 18: More Worser Things (Hashed NationGen) - game finished  (Read 102792 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Yeeaaah, the arcane nexus that lasted like two turns was aggression for the attacks that started several after it got kicked down. I've got this other leg here, it's got bells on it. Very pullable!

... that said, yeah, if Iwi had given any warning they were intending to cast the nexus, I would have advised against it. The rest of our team found out what was happening the same turn y'all did :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, first time I was alive with a research path at 9 and an opportunity to use it ! :D

But don't you guys worry about that, my pretender won't cast anything like this for a while ... :/

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gotta say, the follow-up of Gift of Nature's Bounty didn't help make y'all look like less of a global threat. I'll point out that the reason my income spiked as high as Banebo recently noted was because I had a successful raiding campaign that allowed me to temporarily snag some high-pop territory under the Gifted dominion...

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's the turn 56. I don't think Gold really matter anymore...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Eeehhh... it would have if we had had more forts. And it kinda' has mattered a fair bit -- we'd probably already be dead if it weren't for the extra cash.

... but yeah, if you lot thought we were actually a global threat at the point of invasion, I can only assume your scout penetration isn't even remotely close to what we've got :P
Ask not!
Ask!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Main Computer almost dead.  Need extension indeterminate.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pushing 48h.

--

It was early lategame, sure, but the combination of "I can haz all teh gemz AND all teh goldz" is a troublesome combination from most nations pretty much always. Not always, but pretty much.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eeehhh... it would have if we had had more forts. And it kinda' has mattered a fair bit -- we'd probably already be dead if it weren't for the extra cash.

... but yeah, if you lot thought we were actually a global threat at the point of invasion, I can only assume your scout penetration isn't even remotely close to what we've got :P

I have flying spys and a huge amount of forts. I doubt you have as good penetration as I do.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have flying spys and a huge amount of forts. I doubt you have as good penetration as I do.

Man, from that description I know you were Murgia before I even checked the players list.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

i guess even someone with 10+ Stalls can be relevant, but my teammates are mostly to blame for that.
SHIT WAS WACK YO! :P

But yeah, y'know what Dominions needs? A freaking spectate option. Wouldn't have to constantly bother you guys for updates if I could just select the game, download a file and see what all's been happening.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... you do realize why that option doesn't exist, right? Because if you can download that, so can I, and everyone else actually playing the game :P

I will admit, I'm now kinda' wondering what a game would be like with everyone playing having access to every nation, though. All the .trn files going to the same email address, anyone can submit a turn for any side. Each player would still have an assigned nation, of course :P

Maybe have victory on a point system, though. Score is number of turns survived, x1.5 for the winner, with some penalty (1-5 points, probably) every time you submit a turn for another nation, ehehe. Just not entirely sure how you'd track that last bit.
Ask not!
Ask!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

More realistic would be a game where everyone plays duplicates of the same nation.  Still can select own pretenders and bless from the list.  It would be quite interesting to see how the nation varied under different players over time.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

That'd be easy, at least. Kinda' like a cataclysm game, really...
Ask not!
Ask!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

See, now, I'd be tempted to go an entirely different way and suggest a game of Foulspawn nations. Someday. Eventually. When we finish making the awful things. *sob*
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37