Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Converting tree seeds to non-tree seeds?  (Read 644 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Converting tree seeds to non-tree seeds?
« on: November 07, 2015, 10:38:09 pm »

Is it possible to create reactions that take seeds from tree fruits (e.g. peach pits) and produce seeds from another specific standard-type plant (e.g. "shrub peach pits")? Because I'm getting sick of all the useless tree fruit seeds clogging up my forts. I'm not averse to making an individual reaction for each variety, but if it could be condensed into one somehow that would be fantastic.

On a related note, are subterranean fruiting trees possible?
くコ:彡

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Converting tree seeds to non-tree seeds?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 11:57:42 pm »

I can't think of anything to differentiate trees' seeds from any other plants' seeds in vanilla. You could change their material to something else that a reaction is looking for, but you'd have to go through every single tree's raws and change their seed material. At that point, you might as well just go through and delete their seeds altogether; then you wouldn't have to worry about what to do with them, unless you actually want to use them.

For the second question; there should be nothing preventing growths (fruit, leaves, flowers, whatever) from appearing on underground trees. Maybe mushroom caps don't like having growths on them or something (never tried), but then you can always put the growths on the trunk.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.