Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: HELLDIVERS: Now on PC  (Read 8375 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: HELLDIVERS: Now on PC
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2016, 01:09:48 pm »

I don't think there's been more than two. I know I've only seen one victory.
Nothing important here, move along.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2016, 04:27:06 am »

So, this fine game is still on my wishlist.  Mainly because it is hard to line up time to play with my regular gaming friends and secondarily because we're like 9 time zones distant so lag is an issue if the game isn't turn based...

But enough whining.  Reason for posting is that I just saw this "Livelock" thing:  http://store.steampowered.com/app/251230/

Looks pretty cool, as far as coop top down shooters go.  The previews have a bit too much dialouge and look a little more like a kids TV show with a bit too much sincerity... 

On the otherhand, Helldivers looks more like an Ed Neumeier style satire (which resonates with me a bit more) but I am a fan of the coop top-down style, regardless.

Anyone else looking at this one or know anything about it?

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2016, 05:36:04 am »

I've got it and played it a decent amount. It's really fun. With friends it plays like Magicka, where one dumb person can frustrate everyone, but mostly I love it. It's playable single player (and often easier), and the online community seems to be slowly dwindling.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2016, 07:18:03 pm »

Its still fun to play every now and then, but if you know a handful of tricks, you hit the celling with helldive real quick.

Nearly every single situation can be solved by just dieing with a recall beacon in your hand and any team that has 2 non-derpy players that know that is immortal. You can pull it out while standing, you can pull it out while on the ground and its nearly always better then actually attempting to standup/shot/whatever, since it respawns everyone and is 100% save.

~nukes own team and holds beacon, to force em closer to the objective, one screen at a time~

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2016, 07:50:16 pm »

Havn't touched this for 3-4 months, still have reinforcement beacon on reflex.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2017, 12:34:02 pm »

Necro'ing this topic to mention that Helldivers is having a free weekend on Steam to commemorate 2 years of being Helldivers. Also included: 3 brand new stratagems!

And also the obligatory cape/outfit.

This is, like, an actual update! With content! It's outrageous!

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2017, 03:05:41 pm »

Thanks for the update

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2017, 09:07:19 am »

Necro'ing this topic to mention that Helldivers is having a free weekend on Steam to commemorate 2 years of being Helldivers. Also included: 3 brand new stratagems!

And also the obligatory cape/outfit.

This is, like, an actual update! With content! It's outrageous!

Woah, I should reinstall to get the cape/outfit.

Honestly I loved this game so much. It was somewhat thin and there were balance issues but the tone and the feel of the gameplay was perfect.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2017, 10:31:52 am »

Yeah, it runs a bit thin after several hours, and it's particularly uninspiring when you're only left with homeworld assaults and city defense missions... But it's still a fun game, and it's good for some amazingly intense moments and brink-of-defeat clutch saves.

The current campaign started during the free weekend, and on the second day the bug homeworld had been wiped out. Now we're left with a campaign that'll last who knows how long, but it'll be 100% bugless for the duration.  One of the, ah, minor failings of the community campaign system...

The new stratagems are actually kinda neat. I mean, the smoke shell artillery is completely worthless and not even remotely worth the cooldown or the point cost, but there's a new strafing run that's great fun to toss around, and even a new turret that lobs rapid-fire grenades in a fixed arc.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]