Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 19: Most Worstest Things: Game over, man!  (Read 48711 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 19: Most Worstest Things: Looking for sub
« Reply #315 on: March 31, 2016, 08:27:43 pm »

Simbaburg attacked us first, and immediately went AI when they realized that they'd bitten off far more than they'd anticipated.

I'll admit that I can't claim that all my wars have been defensive - the attack on you was entirely based off of the relative closeness of your capital and the hope that I could quickly put down your nation.

edit: I could've at least brought along a couple of fire mages - I don't know if it would've made any kind of significant difference, but they were in the area, just busy site-searching since I'd (incorrectly) assumed that a couple of dire wolves wouldn't pose any threat to my legions.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 08:33:09 pm by AlStar »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 31, 2016, 09:13:40 pm »

Hellheart/Kundorf just attacked me with 120 air gems worth of spells and 5,000 gold worth of sacreds. Not only is this gratuitous display of wealth single him out as a major threat to all other gods in the world, but it also means that he's both low on air gems and his army is away from his territory. His neighbors (whoever they are - I'll admit that my scouts are a little lacking on that side of the world) should attack him ASAP, for the good of all.

For what its worth, Hellheart/Kundorf is my ally, and anyone that attacks him will be attacked by me.

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 01, 2016, 11:23:07 am »

My scouting network is terrible because Boksi never bothered to produce any. As far as I can tell, last turn Sweitomer controlled every province between the two mountain chains W of the lake, either all of the NE and >50% of the NW or vice versa and a goodly portion of the middle where he has Noirbach's capitol under siege.

He has at least 7 Thrones in his territory since I just discovered he'd left one unconquered to give the impression that he has fewer Thrones in his territory than he actually does. I know for certain that 3 of the remaining 7 unclaimed thrones are safe as long as I survive. Unfortunately, you only need 11 Thrones to win the game.

You do the math.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 01, 2016, 11:53:39 am »

For the record, vice-versa. Sweoitmer lies in the far NW at 169. And the count of Sweoitmerese-surrounded-indy-or-actually-conquered thrones is at 9 (75, 123, 133, 140, 141, 147, 170, 172, 174), with a further 1 (wet indy) adjacent to their territory (92) and 3 (hostile-held) with buffers of one province from their current borders (111, 136, 163).

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 01, 2016, 12:18:57 pm »

I have a poker game tonight and tomorrow I start a brutal 2-day Princeton Review MCAT CARS training/certification course. Can I get a 48h delay just to be safe?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 01, 2016, 02:23:29 pm »

Pushed 48h.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 01, 2016, 10:33:31 pm »

My scouting network is terrible because Boksi never bothered to produce any. As far as I can tell, last turn Sweitomer controlled every province between the two mountain chains W of the lake, either all of the NE and >50% of the NW or vice versa and a goodly portion of the middle where he has Noirbach's capitol under siege.

He has at least 7 Thrones in his territory since I just discovered he'd left one unconquered to give the impression that he has fewer Thrones in his territory than he actually does. I know for certain that 3 of the remaining 7 unclaimed thrones are safe as long as I survive. Unfortunately, you only need 11 Thrones to win the game.

You do the math.

That throne that you all saw me take recently was unoccupied in Sweitomer's lands.  Sweitomer has retaken it, by the way.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 01, 2016, 10:48:59 pm »

I meant to ask - I noticed that the throne was guarded by just a single heavy infantry for one turn - did my sniping one of your commanders lead to all kinds of problems?

I do hope that it did. :D

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 01, 2016, 10:53:45 pm »

I meant to ask - I noticed that the throne was guarded by just a single heavy infantry for one turn - did my sniping one of your commanders lead to all kinds of problems?

I do hope that it did. :D

I think it was a combination of attrition and lack of reinforcements.  It was a lucky grab that I just couldn't hold.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 19: Most Worstest Things: hoburgs away!
« Reply #324 on: April 06, 2016, 12:38:11 pm »

Well, I leave this day with a newfound appreciation of Terracotta Soldiers and Living Statues... Noirbach leaves it with the death of their god.

You've broken the siege this day, but I'll be back.

Or Kundorf will be - their huge thunderbolt communions scare me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 06, 2016, 01:00:08 pm »

Well, I leave this day with a newfound appreciation of Terracotta Soldiers and Living Statues... Noirbach leaves it with the death of their god.

You've broken the siege this day, but I'll be back.

Or Kundorf will be - their huge thunderbolt communions scare me.

Then you won that battle, especially since Doombringer has gone under before.  He's probably only good as a thug from now on.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 07, 2016, 02:14:29 pm »

Main Computer almost dead.  Need extension indeterminate.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 07, 2016, 03:41:24 pm »

Pushing 48h.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 07, 2016, 09:54:08 pm »

Alright, back on track.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 12, 2016, 04:16:24 pm »

Things have been busy lately, could I get a 24 hour extension?

Also, I would strongly suggest recruiting a replacement for me.  I beat off AlStar's offense, lost my pretender.  I've done what I wanted to do with this nation, time for some new blood, if anyone wants it.  I'll keep plugging along with the occasional stall, although if the nations obtain some form of parity, I'll probably just go AI.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25