Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008540 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #2385 on: June 09, 2016, 01:49:09 pm »

Were the guys who committed the arson Muslims who weren't practicing the fast, Christians, Atheists, Cultists of Cthulhu or what? The article doesn't seem to say but it strikes me as interesting to find out why tensions were bad enough that 'small' meal portions set them off.

Although for all we know it was all a kerkuffle and they toppled some candles. I mean, we don't know that they intended to burn the whole thing down yet.

I should really read LW's links before postings:
"Police and prosecutors said Wednesday that one of the two 26-year-olds was seen pouring flammable liquid onto a mattress and setting fire to it, while the other told fellow residents: "We had to do it so that things change."
An argument over food is believed to have preceded Tuesday's fire. Muslims who weren't observing dawn-to-dusk fasting during Ramadan had complained about what they said was a small lunch."

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2387 on: June 09, 2016, 01:56:03 pm »

Tbh rioting over no ramadan wine is perfectly acceptable protest
Burning down your own house is self-defeating
Not much more else to say

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: June 09, 2016, 02:00:38 pm »

Also, apparently that refugee center fire was neither ISIS nor Nazis.
What the heck.

What are you wthecking over?

I dunno, do you routinely burn down your residence when you don't like your food?

___

LW, I was wondering. How come you even know about stuff such as that Commission-IT company deal? Do you spend time every day reading commission press release? Because that crap seems to have been very little reported on, so if you have a new outlet that cover those things, I'm interested.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: June 09, 2016, 02:16:12 pm »

What the heck.
What is there in this that is not to heck over? Setting fire to something because your meal is too small – what is that supposed to accomplish? I just don't get it. It doesn't make sense. How is that supposed to get them more food?
Taste my Paci-Fist

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: June 09, 2016, 02:23:27 pm »

What the heck.
What is there in this that is not to heck over? Setting fire to something because your meal is too small – what is that supposed to accomplish? I just don't get it. It doesn't make sense. How is that supposed to get them more food?
I suppose they think that Europe is filthy rich and thus, if they beg it hard enough (and self-immolation sounds like a pretty hardcore begging method), they will give them anything they ask, free of charge.

tl;dr: they are leeches
._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2391 on: June 09, 2016, 02:29:17 pm »

LW, I was wondering. How come you even know about stuff such as that Commission-IT company deal? Do you spend time every day reading commission press release? Because that crap seems to have been very little reported on, so if you have a new outlet that cover those things, I'm interested.
I don't have a news outlet that covers this crap sadly. Also this is basically my replacement for entertainment, since current fiction is fucking shite, but current year is fucking tubular - you could put the stuff that happens on TV and people would call it out for being unrealistic

Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day. Teach that man how to build a fire, he'll make Duesseldorf pay

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: June 09, 2016, 02:31:39 pm »

What the heck.
I suppose they think that Europe is filthy rich and thus, if they beg it hard enough (and self-immolation sounds like a pretty hardcore begging method), they will give them anything they ask, free of charge.

That was arson, not self-immolation. He could have killed people.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: June 09, 2016, 02:45:01 pm »

1. See Sheb. If anything, this was an attempt at duress or blackmail, don't know the difference.
2. Two refugees being loud leeches is going to be used as "proof" that refugees generally are leeches, absurdly enough also and probably dominantly by people who live their life by being leeches, if the Pegida movement is indicative of that demographic.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2394 on: June 09, 2016, 02:50:03 pm »

1. See Sheb. If anything, this was an attempt at duress or blackmail, don't know the difference.
2. Two refugees being loud leeches is going to be used as "proof" that refugees generally are leeches, absurdly enough also and probably dominantly by people who live their life by being leeches, if the Pegida movement is indicative of that demographic.
That's because they're portrayed as the dumb dumb, thus they attract the dumb dumb - if they wanted proof they'd just present proof on how Germany has a net loss on migrants and is getting rekt on their tax base, their unemployment rate and their sides (they are already in orbit)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I dunno if the investigator is lying, seems stupid enough to be true
Germany wth

Iranian security guards may not have woken up the Moroccans and the other ones for Ramadan, if this german express news people are correct, "It was just a prank bro" caused the fire

Alternatively

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: June 09, 2016, 03:11:14 pm »

That's because they're portrayed as the dumb dumb, thus they attract the dumb dumb - if they wanted proof they'd just present proof on how Germany has a net loss on migrants and is getting rekt on their tax base, their unemployment rate and their sides (they are already in orbit)
Well, if it's about that kind of leeching I simply have no sympathy for people who think that's a good reason not to take in refugees. It's kind of a problem that has been long in the making, and our governments are still involved in the kind of idiocy that caused this crisis in the first place.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2396 on: June 09, 2016, 03:35:49 pm »

Well, if it's about that kind of leeching I simply have no sympathy for people who think that's a good reason not to take in refugees. It's kind of a problem that has been long in the making, and our governments are still involved in the kind of idiocy that caused this crisis in the first place.
1. Is there a difference in leeching, if so what is it
Is the difference that the guys setting their free stuff on fire are the same just ungrateful? Or is it that they turned their ungratefulness into arson? Or was it more government fuckups by putting the people the refugees ran away from in power? All of the above? Other? Condemnation and opposition is easy but defining beyond platitudes makes for a jokes thread into a discussion thread

If it's the whole paying less than you take thing, I'd draw a difference between those who have no intention to work and those who just have a shitty low paid job/can't find one that doesn't provide as much in taxes. Seems unfair to the latter to say they're leeching if they're caught between a rock and a hard place due to blowing all their cash on a trip to Germany only to find there aren't jobs in Germany they can take

To be fair on leeches as well, leeches are very hard working predators and they don't start fires, the comparisons aren't apt
btw have a pet leech
AND LEECH TRACKING!

2. What idiocy is the bundestag involved in that they should be avoiding/undoing
3. What happens when Germans die off and dependent must become provider
4. Do you believe Germans have a choice in taking in refugees
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 03:37:52 pm by Loud Whispers »

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: June 09, 2016, 03:48:36 pm »

1. Is there a difference in leeching, if so what is it
The difference is between being unable to give back and being unable to give back. Pointing to how much refugees will cost us until 2020 is ignoring that most of that is probably due to the former, not the latter.

2. What idiocy is the bundestag involved in that they should be avoiding/undoing
Supporting Turkey Erdogan.
Supporting Saudi Arabia.
Exporting weapons.
Exporting profit-oriented organizations disguised as aid officials to struggling countries.
Support land alienation of local populations by multinational companies.
You know, the kind of stuff that destabilizes regions. There's probably more to list here.

3. What happens when Germans die off and dependent must become provider
I don't know. Depends on how well we do that whole "integration" thing.

Nope. They're coming either way. I want this to happen with the least amount of friction.
Taste my Paci-Fist

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: June 09, 2016, 04:57:22 pm »

What the heck.

I asked because up here, "refugees" wrecking their own housing establishments is almost routine news by now. I can think of four riots just off hand (and I have not been keeping any eye out for these kind of events), one which was instigated by a man not being allowed out to buy candy after the evening curfew and wrecked the whole housing. I wouldn't think for a moment that this is not the case in Germany also.

They do have unrealistic expectations, yes.
Love, scriver~

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: June 09, 2016, 05:15:54 pm »

Nope. They're coming either way. I want this to happen with the least amount of friction.

The least amount of friction is the worst possible thing that can happen to Europe. They are not going to give up their culture, traditions and way of life so if there is only little friction, it only means Europe gives up its own.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 05:29:00 pm by Vilanat »
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 793