Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008234 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #5010 on: March 02, 2017, 01:38:16 pm »

Hm. It's still an obvious hit job though, and from what I've seen it hasn't gone over very well.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: March 02, 2017, 01:40:18 pm »

Hm. It's still an obvious hit job though, and from what I've seen it hasn't gone over very well.

Yeah, it's annoying, because it distract from the real judicial scandal over parliamentary expense.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: March 02, 2017, 06:54:27 pm »

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5013 on: March 02, 2017, 07:45:15 pm »

?
This is a sign of desperate times for a country acting contrary to its principles

Well, it's the French judiciary, not the EU per se. The parliament just lifted her immunity, letting the French justice system go on with the charges, which is apparently standard procedure for the EP. I wish they'd press the embezzlement charges, this "publishing violent images" law is dumb as fuck.
European Union lawmakers lifted the EU parliamentary immunity of French presidential candidate Marine Le Pen on Thursday for tweeting pictures of Islamic State violence.
y

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Considering how old this image is we may take gratitude in that the decline has been graciously paced. RIP Greece tho

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: March 02, 2017, 09:08:00 pm »

Well, it's the French judiciary, not the EU per se. The parliament just lifted her immunity, letting the French justice system go on with the charges, which is apparently standard procedure for the EP. I wish they'd press the embezzlement charges, this "publishing violent images" law is dumb as fuck.

When I saw that earlier, I thought it could be something that violated free speech, mainly because it's so vague. Also, I wonder if pictures from a boxing match or a MMA match or a violent car crash also count because it's the definition of 'violence' being used here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: March 02, 2017, 09:35:16 pm »

You know somebody's effed up bigly time if I'm agreeing with Covenant.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: March 02, 2017, 09:56:54 pm »

I don't feel it's a bad thing I agree with you, just that it's notable 'cause it rarely ever happens :p

But yeah, not a fan of Le Pen, not looking forward to her using the massive ammo cache this move has likely given her.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: March 02, 2017, 10:55:04 pm »

The French politicians seem to have switched to full dirty tactics mode after that meeted with DSBG or whatever was the name of their intelligence service that has announced that the Russians are coming interfering with French elections. The whole situation in France is a bit, eh. What's the word when the current leader of the country has like 2% popular support? Unstable? Yeah, it's quite unstable.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: March 03, 2017, 12:11:22 am »

Sounds a bit like the French might end up doing Russias job for them without Russia even trying to do anything.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: March 03, 2017, 03:41:17 am »

You know somebody's effed up bigly time if I'm agreeing with Covenant.

If it makes you feel better, we probably only agree that it is a poor move on their part. I'd imagine you believe helping Le Pen's chances is a bad thing, whereas I heartily hope she wins.

I'm not even sure it's a hit job, targeted at the police or at anyone. I think it's just the justice system following its slow, slow trundle.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5020 on: March 03, 2017, 06:44:48 am »

I'm not even sure it's a hit job, targeted at the police or at anyone. I think it's just the justice system following its slow, slow trundle.
I don't think it's basic incompetence given the timing and the target in question, seems like politically motivated incompetence

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: March 03, 2017, 07:02:05 am »

I don't think it's basic incompetence given the timing and the target in question, seems like politically motivated incompetence

Is it? The "offence" date from December 2015. The request for removing immunity was sent ten months lates in October of last year. It just seems like bureaucracy moving slowly to me.

Edit: The Parliamentary Committee statement got a timeline (Section "Facts"). Looking at it it seems that they started invesitgating the thing straightaway back last year, but Le Pen stalled for time by refusing to be interrogated by police, claiming she'd only answer to a judge, then refusing to appear in court claiming her immunity protected her and so on and so on.

Edit2: Apparently the two deputy campaign manager of Fillion resigned over his decision not to suspend his campaign.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 07:38:25 am by Sheb »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: March 03, 2017, 08:02:16 am »

I've heard that Fillion is getting pressured by his party to resign and be replaced with Juppe.

Man, French election are so cool and dynamic. Maybe in 50 years, our elections will look the same! We do use the same two-tour system, apparently. Just need to get rid of Stalin.
._.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: March 03, 2017, 08:07:07 am »

I've heard that Fillion is getting pressured by his party to resign and be replaced with Juppe.

Man, French election are so cool and dynamic. Maybe in 50 years, our elections will look the same! We do use the same two-tour system, apparently. Just need to get rid of Stalin.

Unfortunately for you, Ladimir Putin is no mortal man.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: March 03, 2017, 08:44:18 am »

Well, it's the most exciting election in a loooooooooong time.

Edit: Apparently the resignation of the deputy campaign managers is part of a vast pwoers truggle within the LR party, where supporters of Juppé (which, hilariously was condemned to 14 months of suspecnded jail time for fake jobs ten years ago) are trying to get the party to switch candidate. The deadline for candidates is in two weeks.

There also was that quote which I found a bit scary from an unnamed former minister "Juppé has to announce he is running soon, or in two weeks our staff goes to Macron and our voters to Le Pen."
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 09:31:22 am by Sheb »

Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 793