Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Less specific requests from liason  (Read 446 times)

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
Less specific requests from liason
« on: January 26, 2016, 06:23:16 am »

I would love to just be able to request "meat" from the dwarven liason rather than having to select a lot of specific animal meats...
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Less specific requests from liason
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 11:26:26 pm »

DFHack lets you batch select these categories during trade negotiations.  I believe its shift+arrow keys over the category.  I mostly do it for leather, since leather is so hard to mass produce without abusing turkeys or other prolific breeders. 

Arlax

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 02:25:27 pm »

I agree. I've found myself in the exact same situation where I've had to navigate the whole Meat menu, even when I only wanted the "Meat" and not the prepared food.

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 06:34:10 pm »

Might be cool if the specificity of trade agreements was tied to your current "leader" noble.

i.e. if you only have an expedition leader, you can choose from "food", "booze", "leather", "stone", etc. As you get a mayor and baron and so on, you'd be able to refine your trade agreements and ask for more and more specific things.

It would help make nobles less useless (you want cat leather waterskins? Better get your Count that bedroom he wants), and help make the early game less overwhelming.

Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?
I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.