Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 285613 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (scheduled to come back soon) You are a Monster RTD - Turn 73
« Reply #2145 on: September 26, 2017, 01:24:25 pm »

What did you have in mind, like perhaps kissing 100 babies to level up? Or something equally challenging for a terrifying thing that rose from the swamps?
Well, I was thinking some sort of construct that had to gather specific objects to improve itself.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: September 26, 2017, 01:31:36 pm »

Like essence vessels?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: September 26, 2017, 03:48:57 pm »

Like essence vessels?
I was thinking more like magic artifacts, but I realize it would need them to effect the evolution to make real sense. The other idea for it was just, straight up Knack.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: September 27, 2017, 03:39:13 pm »

So I was wondering, what would you think about a character who had an alternative/additional requirement to level up besides essence? I ask because there is an idea that I can't get out of my head
I didn't notice this question!

In lore, essence is essential to the sudden evolution we all have witnessed. Other kind of evolutions are possible, but they would lack something unique to "essence evolution".

I will summarize some of the lore revealed during the game, for those interested in it. (And for the sake of organization)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: September 27, 2017, 04:18:43 pm »

So I was wondering, what would you think about a character who had an alternative/additional requirement to level up besides essence? I ask because there is an idea that I can't get out of my head
I didn't notice this question!

In lore, essence is essential to the sudden evolution we all have witnessed. Other kind of evolutions are possible, but they would lack something unique to "essence evolution".

I will summarize some of the lore revealed during the game, for those interested in it. (And for the sake of organization)
So if one wanted to, playing something like Knack where you just gradually pick up little objects and add them to yourself to increase your size and strength overtime would be an option?

I probably won't do that, I thought of another idea that interests me(like I don't already have enough of those for an entire party), but it would be an interesting concept.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:20:30 pm by Failbird105 »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: September 27, 2017, 06:21:40 pm »

Another mean of evolving could perfectly be possible. But depending on it, it could lead to a vastly different experience.

Time for some exposition. In game, players level is represented by their stage. Their "experience" (experience as in the common term used in gales for what you accumulate to increase levels, but I digress) is represented by their essence.

In the RTD's world, essence is what makes up a soul, and the stage refer to the "size" of your soul. (I am eager to delve more into this)

In short essence evolution is making your soul grow. So other means of getting stronger are definitely possible, and feel free to ask away.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: September 27, 2017, 06:48:52 pm »

Another mean of evolving could perfectly be possible. But depending on it, it could lead to a vastly different experience.

Time for some exposition. In game, players level is represented by their stage. Their "experience" (experience as in the common term used in gales for what you accumulate to increase levels, but I digress) is represented by their essence.

In the RTD's world, essence is what makes up a soul, and the stage refer to the "size" of your soul. (I am eager to delve more into this)

In short essence evolution is making your soul grow. So other means of getting stronger are definitely possible, and feel free to ask away.
So say, a character who doesn't evolve suddenly in large bursts, but grows bigger and stronger slowly but consistently as they pick up specific objects?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 06:50:47 pm by Failbird105 »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: September 27, 2017, 06:51:57 pm »

So when do you think the game will be up Nakken?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: September 27, 2017, 06:58:06 pm »

I think I will be playing with a new character because my old one was kind of about to die to demons.
Are revival skills (like a phoenix), casting from hitpoints and symbiotic monsters/familiars allowed?
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: September 27, 2017, 07:16:25 pm »

So say, a character who doesn't evolve suddenly in large bursts, but grows bigger and stronger slowly but consistently as they pick up specific objects?
You could always just have a normal-growth character with an ability for assimilating things. It could help out growth, such as contributing up to maybe 25% of the "experience" needed for the next stage. Or, the assimilated objects could act like ammo or other weaponry, allowing for attacks on larger scales. In fact, maybe you could just make small minions out of some amount of them.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: September 27, 2017, 09:16:56 pm »

@Abstract: Probably this week-end. Start will be slow, because I will be using my home computer, but a start nonetheless!

@Failbird and OceanSoul: Yep, in that case you could have a character slowly grow. It could be pretty interesting if your mean of growth isnt too restrictive.
You could also have some sort of mix of the two, with an unusual mean of growth helping work toward the standard one.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: September 27, 2017, 11:56:36 pm »

I think I will be playing with a new character because my old one was kind of about to die to demons.
Are revival skills (like a phoenix), casting from hitpoints and symbiotic monsters/familiars allowed?
This game actually had several examples of skills you mentioned:

Revival - Fenia (should have been racial)
Casting from hitpoints - Caedan, Ulkas (partly)
Symbiotic monsters - Gray (although it was his own parts), Tome-of-(forgot it's full name) Vendigo
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD - Turn 74 [To the Future]
« Reply #2157 on: September 28, 2017, 04:22:49 am »

Turn 74: To the Future
Previous Turn

Ulkas the Horned Demon (Sarrak)

Ulkas and Astrosa. A story of a past untold. A story of a future unsure.

Forgoing yesterday and tomorrow, the two powerful demons made carnage and destruction rain over human settlements in the very kingdom of Fordania. Reveling in this chaos maybe made them forget the sorrow of sinister days.

At the present moment, Ulkas and Astrosa felt powerful presences heading toward them. The thirst of a challenge, or the urge to survive?

Left with a choice, what did they do?...

You may choose to have your "epilogue" revealed now or not. If you have wishes in particular, you may state them. If some seem at the verge of realizable and impossible, a dice will be rolled.

Eron the Ghost Musician (Oceansoul)

Eron. A beginning in the mist. A story of mysteries.

A stranger to itself, an wandering soul. All that it knows are its songs and the ties of what its self was. The song of the desert? The requiem to the forgotten?

What tune did Eron play last?

You may choose to have your "epilogue" revealed now or not. If you have wishes in particular, you may state them. If some seem at the verge of realizable and impossible, a dice will be rolled.

Squelchy the Polyslime (Coolrune206)

Squelchy. An adventure in the wild. A free tale carried by the wind.

Carefree, oblivious to the complexity of the world. Feed, feel, live. Those were the simple truths of this being. One may wonder what happened to the slime.

Did it live the dream, or end up blinded by it?

The Psychic Forest Spider and Roeway the Raging Blood Hound (randomgenericusername and killerhellhound)
Roeway and the Psychic Forest Spider. A tale of circumstances. A quest for freedom.

Caught in the conflicts of others, both individuals were fighting for their lives. One had comrades waiting for its return. One hoped to quell the cries of the woods.

Everywhere, rage the flames of demonkin. Soon, the forest will be turned to cinders. And so will the lives of both monsters if their will to live were to wane.

The embrace of death. The struggle of life. What became of them?

Gorra the Lich (crazyabe)

Gorra. The awakening of a forgotten lord. One that none even itself remembers.

Accompanied by a trustworthy servant, Osuro, the lich wandered through a tainted land. No memories to light the path. No desires to thread a path.

To accept the soothing emptiness, or wander in the hopes of finding purpose?

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)

Gray. The journey of a nobody. The quest for an ideal.

Throughout his travels, Gray came to meet various individuals. May them be foes, may them be friends, they were all an important part of the blob's adventure. In remembrance of a dream where monsterkin and humanity lived side by side, he set off to seek a way to grasp the dream.

With his fellow Brown, he travelled with Kokaun and Bargar to meet a certain human.

Were Gray's questions answered? Or are these secrets better left to the sands?

Nox the Vampire Bat (Legendary Marksdorf)

Nox. The tale of an old legend. The struggle of the awakening.

Weakened from centuries of slumber, the vampire set off to retrieve its power. But with with its gone strength and the reality of a harsher world, the creature struggled to survive. Yet the desire to exist burnt strong in his heart, leading it to keep fighting.

Where did Nox struggle led him to?

Caedan the Bloody Impaler (Hawk132)

Caedan. An undying story. A relic of golden times.

The blood lord, emerging from a coma of the mind, once sought truth. For a long time many questions, and so few answers. Until fate brought him to a crossroad of eras, to Levem. The inexhaustible pool of knowledge within, the truth of what he was, and what everything was.

Vanare the Fordanian High Archivist, Ramas the inheritor, and Firande the exile. Companions of fortune, each with a key of fate for a door unopened.

At the present time, Vanare revealed her mission for the Kingdom of Fordania. With Caedan able to read the old scripts, there were many paths to take.

To make a move in the complex game of the humans? Or follow the fated call of his past?

Theta the Wolf (Rautherdir)

Theta. An account of the brutality of life. An instance among many.

The lupine monster fought with a vicious human-faced arachnid. One will die while the other will live.

Which is it?

One-of-the-many Arthropedes (AoshimaMichio)

One-of-the-many. The way of a predator.

To stop moving is to die in the ruthless wilderness. Did the Arthropede keep moving? Or did it lay and rest?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: September 28, 2017, 04:24:13 am »

Finally!

With the end in sight, the new beginning will be able to start. Give me about two to three days to prep myself up.

I only included the "turns" of the players whose account have been recently active (in the thread or not). Of course, answering is not mandatory! Feel free to ask if you have any question or reclamation.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: September 28, 2017, 07:14:19 am »

This forest was his home. He would try to gather all the survivors, al the monsters, insects and animals, and organize an evacuation. Help all the monsters leave the forest and then stay behind to win time by distracting the demons until he dies. He and his kin wouldn't leave their home without a fight, and they know they have no chance to cause real damage, but that won't stop them from trying.
(I don't want the sylvarians to die. Also I just realized Ashbloom is still at the forest, so she will die too if I don't do something.)
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146