Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37

Author Topic: Omega legion: Bluff Harder!  (Read 48388 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: Merc Madness
« Reply #195 on: April 09, 2016, 08:30:54 am »

"Statement: Solam, let me help you with that arm. this one is the closest thing to a doctor here."

Clunkers whirrs and buzzes for a moment

"Concerned Query: Mordred, are your systems nominal? Where did you get that weapon? This one does not recall you having it before."

"Angered Query: And where are our other teammembers?
Angry statement: This one recalls us starting out with more operatives than this. This one feels that other Omega's just fucking off to wherever they please will become a serious threat to this mission."

Try to get solam's damaged arm back in working order, unless he doesn't want me to. after that, relax my farseeing circuits so I can hopefully use calculations again soon. If mordred/others move out, make sure to go with.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 03:07:35 pm by Pancaek »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 09, 2016, 08:42:14 am »

"Concerned Query: Mordred, are your systems nominal? Where did you get that weapon? This one does not recall you having it before."

((It's tucked into the belt behind his back, under the coat. Shouldn't be visible to you. He talks to Nice Knife inside his head, on the outside it looks like he spaces out a little. Also shouldn't look that bad.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 09, 2016, 08:45:45 am »

((It's tucked into the belt behind his back, under the coat. Shouldn't be visible to you. He talks to Nice Knife inside his head, on the outside it looks like he spaces out a little. Also shouldn't look that bad.))
((In the update Ozarck said clunkers noticed it though, thorugh robutt magiques))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 09, 2016, 08:52:57 am »

((In the update Ozarck said clunkers noticed it though, thorugh robutt magiques))

((Oh shit.))

- I don't know what are you talking about. I had this sword here since we departed, and that's about it. Got a few cuts on me after that fight I had, but I'll walk it off. Thank you for your concern, I guess.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 09, 2016, 08:58:19 am »

- I don't know what are you talking about. I had this sword here since we departed, and that's about it. Got a few cuts on me after that fight I had, but I'll walk it off. Thank you for your concern, I guess.
Clunkers stares at Mordred, gears audibly whirring inside of him

"Statement: This one merely requires you to keep your head with the mission. Chances are good we will have a harsh fight ahead.
Query: would you like this one to take a look at those injuries. This one does have medical programming, after all."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 09, 2016, 11:54:38 am »

"Statement: This one merely requires you to keep your head with the mission. Chances are good we will have a harsh fight ahead.
Query: would you like this one to take a look at those injuries. This one does have medical programming, after all."

- I'm good, thanks. I take a little pride in my self-awareness of my body's capabilities, and I'm confident I will be in combat shape very soon. I could use some tactical advise on the upcoming battle, because my top idea is to go in and start shooting lightning and swinging swords.
Sigs

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 09, 2016, 12:38:38 pm »

Solam

"I'd like to capture some of those mercs."
Accept assistance from Clunkers.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 09, 2016, 12:39:20 pm »

- I'm good, thanks. I take a little pride in my self-awareness of my body's capabilities, and I'm confident I will be in combat shape very soon. I could use some tactical advise on the upcoming battle, because my top idea is to go in and start shooting lightning and swinging swords.
"Dissapointed statement: That may very well be what we are going for. The small organics are only capable of conceiling their location for a time. Their spiritual leaders have told me that they lack the fighting capacity to stand up to the mercs. Moreover, their scouts have shown me that there are 5 possible routes the mercs can take, so making an effective ambush is tricky to say the least. Unless any of you have a plan to either assasinate their high command, or somehow cut off the source that is funding them, this one is temporarely out of ideas.

Clarifying statement: Both because this one does not see another plan at this moment, and also because this one recently nearly fried its magical circuits.

Query: Explain, Solam. Why do you wish to capture some?"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 09, 2016, 12:42:57 pm »

- Do we have the numbers of the enemy's manpower? Are there, like a dozen of them, or are there about a handful?
Sigs

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 09, 2016, 12:47:18 pm »

"Response: The small organics reported two teams of five, and recently another team of three. The spiritual leaders expect that their numbers might be double of that. They also believe that more will come. That is what they have said."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 09, 2016, 12:59:01 pm »

- That's a lot. We could probably take these teams of five on one by one... I will think on it while you help the undead.

((Cue syvarris))
Sigs

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 09, 2016, 01:24:29 pm »

Mordred twitches slightly, and he scowls slightly, raising his hand to his chin.  "Hmm.  If they only have about fifteen people, that should make this easier, if we're careful.  We don't have to kill them all--just make this venture unprofitably dangerous, so completely killing even one patrol could be very significant.  At least significant enough to make them more cautious, which grants us much more time.  Kill two, and that's probably at least half their force dead, on an operation that was supposed to be a cakewalk.  We shouldn't need to do any more than that.  The difficulty is in ambushing those patrols..."

Mordred snaps his fingers "There's several ways we could do that.  You two-" he points a finger at Clunkers and Terrence each "-have farseeing magic, right?  Could it be used to locate them, or predict which path they will take up here?  That would be the best method.  I could also use this-" Mordred pulls a small gem from his coat pocket, holding it in front of his face momentarily "-to allow Jack to invade the mind of one of the commanders while he sleeps.  Not to control him, though that would be very useful if he could accomplish it, but to steal knowledge of their schedule.  Actually, we might want to try that even if we can use magic to predict the path a patrol will take, both for redudancy, and because we might be able to warn the goblins about any patrol that strays too close.  Even if both those plans fail, we can always just have someone who is stealthy watch their camp, and warn us of any patrol that leaves.  Arileth you..." Mordred looks around, and scowls "Where is that damnable elf?!  Idiot.  No matter, Jack, you can act as an effective scout, yes?"

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 09, 2016, 01:57:09 pm »

"Query: Explain, Solam. Why do you wish to capture some?"
"I might be able to turn them against the others, and cause some more mayhem while reducing risk to ourselves."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 09, 2016, 01:59:19 pm »

"Statement: assuming that that is the effect it will have. Perhaps it will merely drive them berserk and make them mount a full scale attack with all of their forces at once.

Response: I do have farseeing, but I have used it so much merely finding the goblins that I need some time to let my circuits cool off."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 09, 2016, 02:10:28 pm »

Mordred smirks at Clunkers "Yes, I'm assuming they'll act intelligently.  If they go berserk, that is the best possible thing that could happen.  If they stay in full formation, they will be easy to avoid, and they will find it far more difficult to locate the goblins.  They will also abandon whatever fortifications they may already have, which makes it easier to conduct a hit and run attack while they sleep.  If they don't maintain full formation when they go berserk, we can pick out a single group to engage, and fight them piecemeal.  Either way, this job gets easier.

Besides, do you have any better plan?  Just a minute ago you were saying that we might as well charge into their maw, throwing our lives away.  Remarkably altruistic of you, but I am no altruist."

Mordred then turns towards the zombie, and raises an eyebrow "Why would they need to be alive?  Is your bite infectious?  Capturing one is risky, because every man we allow to escape is more information for our foe, but it would be worth it if we would gain an ally."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37