Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Mafia Championship - Season 3  (Read 12081 times)

Thingyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mafia Championship - Season 3
« on: March 28, 2016, 11:28:42 pm »

Invitation to The Mafia Championship Season 3

Hello everyone, it’s that time of the year again :)

I am making this post with the hopes that your community would be interested in participating in Season 3 of the Mafia Championship. It will be bigger and more epic than ever before.

This year we’re expanding once again; 136 communities will be invited to participate, making this not only the biggest Mafia event ever, but also the largest cross-forum event in the history of the Internet. We’ve also moved the venue to Mafia Universe, a new site created with the purpose of enhancing the player experience, utilizing features such as fully automated games, automated/requestable vote counters, private threads, bookmarking functions, etc.

Are you interested?

As always, how you decide your representative is completely up to you. To guarantee your community a spot in Season 3 of the Mafia Championship, I will need to know of your community's interest within the next week (until April 4th). Following this, you will have an additional two weeks to decide your nominee (until April 18th). Additionally, it would be a very good idea to also name an alternate.

Remember that your representative needs to be prepared to deal with a lot of activity. Expect at least upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. The representative needs to not only be able to read all this, but should also at least be able to manage making 10+ posts per day phase.

Season 3 Specifics

• 136 different communities are invited to participate. If some decline the invitation, I may opt to allow larger communities an additional nominee.
• 8 Qualifying Games will be played with 17 players each.
• 2 players advance to the Finale Game from each game based on post-game votes.
• 1 Wildcard Game will be played (Wildcards are decided by a jury consisting of former finalists), determining the 17th and final spot in the Finale. Runner-ups in this game will be first in line to replace any finalists who may have to drop out.

Season 3 Timeline & Important Dates

The first Qualifying Game is set to start April 25th. Additional games will take place in the 1-3 months following. I will create a Doodle and find out the best times to start the various games so that preferably everyone gets to play during a time that suits them well.

In addition to this, it is also a priority to ensure as much as possible that all the players in any given game has no prior history of playing with each other to ensure a level playing field (but I cannot 100% guarantee that this won’t happen).

Season 3 Game Design & Setup

For each season, we’ve changed it up. This time, we’re doing something new again!

The setup is called Matrix12 and is inspired by mafiascum’s popular Matrix6 setup, if any of you are familiar with that. In short, the concept is that there are 12 different possible setups and the host randomizes which one is used. The players know what setups are available, but not which one will be used!

More on the setup here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/1374-Setup-Discussion-Matrix12-%28Proposed-Season-3-Format%29

Regarding lynch mechanics: There will be a deadline each day phase, and the person with the most votes at the end of the day is lynched, unless a majority has already been reached before then, in which case the day ends prematurely.

Days will last 36 hours and nights 12 hours, meaning 48 hours (2 days) per game day. With one exception: The weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) will be one game day (so day will be 60 hours and night 12 hours on weekends).

Relevant Links

Season 2 finale: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/threads/269-The-2015-Mafia-Championship-Finale
Season 1 finalists vs. season 2 finalists: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/threads/1212-S1-S2-Championship-Exhibition-Game
Information thread: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/threads/1068-The-Mafia-Championship-Information-Thread

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Championship - Season 3
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 12:06:43 am »

I'd like to nominate Shakerag.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 12:36:35 am »

I'd like to nominate 4maskwolf.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 10:41:25 pm »

...I'm on MU, how did I not know about this?

probably because I haven't been on their site in a few weeks, to be honest.

I nominate anyone who is not me, I don't have the time to do MU games anymore.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 11:29:42 pm »

First of all, This community is definitely interested I think I'll nominate Shakerag just because of how entertaining it would be.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 07:59:02 am »

I nominate the Mafia King, Teneb.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 09:45:12 am »

hmm. For some reason, I can't post on MafiaUniverse. It always gives an error message "Connection Reset" Maybe that's cause I'm at school.

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 10:41:00 am »

They've added a 'forums' layer to the web addresses. This works: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/1068-The-Mafia-Championship-Information-Thread

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 07:43:27 pm »

I nominate origamiscienceguy because 4mask isn't available.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 01:27:30 pm »

I shall nominate Teneb, seein' as he's the king and all.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 03:15:26 pm »

Oh boy, I'd definitely want to see Shakerag represent us. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 03:36:09 pm »

Oh boy, I'd definitely want to see Shakerag represent us. :P
SHAKERAG, THE SHAKERAGIEST OF ALL SHAKERAGS.

(+1)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2016, 05:39:34 pm »

I nominate Teneb, but if he's not available I'd go with Shakerag or as my final option, myself.

Not that I don't trust NQT to handle it, but he's been our representative already, right?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 05:57:36 pm »

Yeah, obviously I'd go if there was no one else willing, but I should hand the torch over and give someone else a shot.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5