Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 82112 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Specicide strictly optional
« Reply #300 on: May 03, 2016, 02:48:20 pm »

>"Maybe Samuel heard of something. Oh, and what have you been up to in your fortress Arken ?"

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 03, 2016, 02:50:38 pm »

"Come my creation lets get out of here and find a nice cave"

Find a cave far away
No sig yet

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 03, 2016, 02:51:40 pm »

<I've gotten it airborne and sentient, for starters.  Also it apparently existed since the start of the world, or at least, as far back as this orb goes.>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 03, 2016, 02:53:31 pm »

>"Hey neat ! I did the same with my old house, now it's a flying villa complete with a forcefield. I'm intending to fill it with maid and butlers, it's kinda lonely up there. What about you, are you alone ?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 03, 2016, 02:55:49 pm »

<I've got some.  I'm waiting for a pair of sixes to come up.>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 03, 2016, 03:22:03 pm »

The [6] for their body and physical aptitudes. The [5] for their soul and knowledge.
No can do. First comes body, then soul.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 03, 2016, 03:26:58 pm »

The [6] for their body and physical aptitudes. The [5] for their soul and knowledge.
No can do. First comes body, then soul.
Okay, changing that accordingly.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 03, 2016, 06:20:15 pm »

return the lopsided cube f cool wood to it's upright direction, but turned so the 'moving' side is facing away from myself. I mean, that shold be easy enough. Even if I can't turn it, I can move around it. Also, how big is it?

Feel next die. One. I don't want to attempt a communicate spell, lest i end up mute as well. Nor a move spell, lest I end up immobile, nor a summon spell, lest I end up eaten. Nor a 'gain information spell, lest I end up stupid(er). I guess I'll cast 'create comfy chair.'

"Here goes something awful ..."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 04, 2016, 12:15:35 pm »

Still panting from the shock, Soleus thanks Tec swift action.

"Great job Tec, sorry for your brand new wing though..."

He doesn't know if the golem can understand gratitude, but the golem deserves it. He probably saved his and Anna lives.

Speaking of Anna, carry her to a room so that she can rest.

Contacting other mages of the conference, Soleus said :
"One of my Dices vanished again, after I summoned a delicious and murderous lie of a cake. With a 1 of course."

Then, realizing he and Anna feel alone in this huge villa for themselves, Soleus decided to fiddle with life creation once more. Considering his experiences, only life creation brought him joy.

Use the two following dice rolls to create a group of maid+butler that will live with us in the villa. Just enough for the villa not to be cluttered, as I guess we have enough room for more than two people.
An even distribution of male/female.
They should be "humans" as in like Anna.
They should be far more capable than the average human, preferably with different fields of expertise. At least one battle-ready butler/maid, ready to protect our home.

Tec most likely doesn't understand gratitude. After all, it is only animated piece of steel, now also part flesh.

Anna doesn't oppose your princess carry at all, even if she doesn't look particularly tired. She happily takes the opportunity to snuggle with your mane. You carry her to sofa and sit down there, Anna on your lap.

I suppose your villa is big enough to host few more people. Let's say four.
5. 6. Two men and women appears in front of you, first their bones condensing from air, then flesh and bone swirling into existance, and finally their clothes. Their physique is same perfect quality as Anna's, but from their facial expressions you can tell they are... a little different. The first man is black haired lean young fellow with beastly grin. He's almost openly leering after Anna and the maids. The second person is a huge man sporting long blonde hair and big manly braided beard. Easily over two meters tall and very muscular. He looks around with certain contempt in his eyes. Clearly your place doesn't fullfill his standards.
Third one is a woman with short brown hair and wide shoulders. Beautiful as she is, her more or less permanent frown makes her less attractive. They way she looks over you, Anna, others and her dress, it makes you feel as if she hates everything. Last person is relatively normal woman in terms of expressions. She studies her surroundings with curious smile, twisting her ginger hair in curls. However as soon as she opens her mouth your illusions of any "normalcy" is shattered.

"What a shitty shack. Are you making me live in this hovel? Can't believe your guts."
"I agree. Quality of decorations are substandard. Not enough treasures and trophies. Not worthy for master to live in." says the big man.
"What you are talking about, we have plenty of classy decorations here. Look: one, two, three. See?" Says the young man pointing each of the women in present. "Well, drapes need some work but-" His sentence is cut in half because the big guy swings his arm suprisingly fast and sends younger one flying with back of his fist. "Show some respect."

The last person stands silently like a statue staring straight ahead, barely held anger and hate written on her face. Her fists are clenched and knuckles white.

<That's not good at all.>

<Say...Has anyone heard of a fortress that existed at the beginning of time?>

Can we maybe be less creepy-intimidating and more, like, regal-intimidating, statues of knights and stuff?  (That's magic by the way.)
4. Statues meld into new less creepy human forms. Helmets still tend to have horns, pauldrons spiky, and weapons painful looking.

"Hey, you could have asked me first!"

"Come my creation lets get out of here and find a nice cave"

Find a cave far away
"Okay."

[2] This is rather flat land around here. Caves are non existant, and best you can find in terms of privacy is shallow vale behind low hills.

return the lopsided cube f cool wood to it's upright direction, but turned so the 'moving' side is facing away from myself. I mean, that shold be easy enough. Even if I can't turn it, I can move around it. Also, how big is it?

Feel next die. One. I don't want to attempt a communicate spell, lest i end up mute as well. Nor a move spell, lest I end up immobile, nor a summon spell, lest I end up eaten. Nor a 'gain information spell, lest I end up stupid(er). I guess I'll cast 'create comfy chair.'

"Here goes something awful ..."
Yeah, pretty easy. Catching it when you can't see its size or shape is much harder, but you manage it. Roughly 40 cm at widest.

1. A blast of movement overwhelms your senses as something appears. After initial shock you are pleased to know it doesn't move more than that.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 04, 2016, 12:28:10 pm »

((How strange... I wonder what happened for a future dice to turn into a 2...
Also, my house turned into a session of Maid RPG. YES))
"ENOUGH !" shouts Soleus with an authoritative voice.

"I know this place isn't perfect, but this is all we have for the moment. Furthermore you shouldn't underestimate the true nature of this place.
I am Soleus Arendar, master of this villa and the one who called you to my side. Would you all kindly introduce yourself before making a fuss ?"

Use my presumed authority to make them calm down and introduce themselves. Show them the place around, including the command room and the garden. ((If they obey me without a dice roll is up to you now))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 04, 2016, 12:55:33 pm »

Give the enthralling tale!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 04, 2016, 02:07:06 pm »

"I did, you said otherwise."

Summon magic brooms for the fortress to sweep up with.
Sigtext

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 04, 2016, 07:12:14 pm »

Summon some coal.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 04, 2016, 09:34:25 pm »

Dominic casts Identify object on the lopsided cube, then identify object on the other thing he summoned, then identify location, then heal eyes and ears.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 05, 2016, 03:38:57 am »

((How strange... I wonder what happened for a future dice to turn into a 2...
Also, my house turned into a session of Maid RPG. YES))
"ENOUGH !" shouts Soleus with an authoritative voice.

"I know this place isn't perfect, but this is all we have for the moment. Furthermore you shouldn't underestimate the true nature of this place.
I am Soleus Arendar, master of this villa and the one who called you to my side. Would you all kindly introduce yourself before making a fuss ?"

Use my presumed authority to make them calm down and introduce themselves. Show them the place around, including the command room and the garden. ((If they obey me without a dice roll is up to you now))
No worries, they were made to serve.

The big man bows. "Joshua Higgs at your service."
The young pervert stands up holding his jaw. "Brian Klein, ready to serve." he mumbles.
"Noel Peck." Says the foul mouthed one. "Master." she reluctantly adds.
"MARIE CONLEY SIR!" Shouts the last one. She appears considerably less angry now.

Tour around the house goes nicely. Higgs finds command room and its capabilities enthralling, while Klein grades your kitchen to one star. Peck and Conley don't show much reaction to anything, though latter keeps eye on Tec.

What is this garden you are talking about? Is it perhaps where Tec dumped the cake? Where that huge tree is apparently growing? The one that wasn't there a minute ago?

Give the enthralling tale!
The tale you tell is this. In this tale you are an investigator investigating series of mysterious accidents in some far away town. Your investigations leads you into thrilling chase of clues, a brief romance with mayor's neglected wife and eventual duel between you and mysterious stranger who you reveal to be the mayor, an agent working for Arkea. True mastermind behind his trechery barely escapes from your clever trap, and you are forced to acknowledge him as your arch enemy because of later encounters with him, but those stories are confidential. It would spell troubles for you if you told about those.

People are really paying attention on you now. It is rare to have imperial investigator in parties like this. "Is your arch nemesis in the city now?" "Did your job bring you into the city, or are in vacation right now?" "Would you like to pay a visit to my party on next week?" "Could you visit my office later today?"

"I did, you said otherwise."

Summon magic brooms for the fortress to sweep up with.
3. A pair of rather normal brooms manifest themselves.

"So, what you want to do with the skeletons?"

Summon some coal.
1. Stone tiles under your feet turns black. Then it ignites. A stream of flames bursts high burning off your eyebrows and hair and setting your clothes on fire. You are now standing in a big and very hot camp fire. Better do something about it. Quickly.

Dominic casts Identify object on the lopsided cube, then identify object on the other thing he summoned, then identify location, then heal eyes and ears.
3. A rather vague concept pops into your mind. Something about "doom" and "box"? Maybe?

3. Next spell is about of same. Iron? Bed?

3. "Identify location" tells something about precious metals, beach and fangs.

4. Finally getting to good spells. Your lost senses return back and you instantly regret healing your ears. Deafening screech threatens to destroy your eardrums again. It is coming from that doombox.
[5] You manage cover your ears and withstand the noise enough to look around. The doombox thingy is much like your touch told you. Lopsided box of very smooth wood. Surfaces you see have all nested black rings painted on. The second thing you summoned is not a bed, but a box on legs. Long and large enough for human fit inside, securely locked from outside. It has a fire pit underneath, clearly for warming the box up to very uncomfortable temperatures. Behind trees you see a lonely jagged mountain and something very, very large floating in the air.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 55