Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 82104 times)

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Specicide strictly optional
« Reply #330 on: May 07, 2016, 11:40:55 am »

Search for other wizards
No sig yet

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 07, 2016, 12:05:45 pm »

Oh Gods! Oh gods! Dude! Dude! why would you do that? Why would you try to loot a Wild Mage's stuff? Why? Look at you, this is horrible! Didn't you see the statue and the chair? Oh gods! You cold have had some breakfast but his is terrible!

Dominic casts Gently Remove Person From Doombox.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 07, 2016, 12:06:21 pm »

"Dice that control the efficacy of my magic.  Sixes are the ones where everything goes over the top.

...So you'd like to be a general?"

"You should already have the capacity to produce food sufficient for the needs of the populace, or was magic not paying attention?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 07, 2016, 12:13:16 pm »

"I am not abandoning you again Tec."

Use a spell to turn both uneven wings of Tec into a pair of working wings. Then order him to come to the island.
If it fails, order him to walk further away from the tree, we will fetch him when out of harm.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 07, 2016, 12:45:40 pm »

Get my payment get some kind of contact information from my employer and then go somewhere with few people and try and make my axe look cool via magic.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 07, 2016, 02:55:21 pm »

Cast a spell to put out the fire I just summoned around myself.
Being on fire tends to be quite distracting, don't you think?
[3] Hmm, good enough, even if it takes few panicky screams before you remember you're a mage. Long enough to gain lots of first degree burns.

6. Magic responds all too readily to your panic colored request. Flames go out, frost grows around and on you, and your breath turns into cloud. You fall on your knees, shaking violently. Your fingers turn blue as you watch them, every movement is difficult and slow.

That's two distractions now; burns on very large area and moderate hypothermia. But because nothing is actively trying to harm you, it doesn't really matter. Though fresh frost on your burned skin migh quickly develope into frostbites.

Search for other wizards
2. Image of lion and snake eating birds together fills your mind for some reason.

Oh Gods! Oh gods! Dude! Dude! why would you do that? Why would you try to loot a Wild Mage's stuff? Why? Look at you, this is horrible! Didn't you see the statue and the chair? Oh gods! You cold have had some breakfast but his is terrible!

Dominic casts Gently Remove Person From Doombox.
2. You know green man? Because of green tattoo like that appears on both the doombox and his pants.

"I'm sorry I didn't know the camp was empty oh for love of order please don't turn me a plant!"

"Dice that control the efficacy of my magic.  Sixes are the ones where everything goes over the top.

...So you'd like to be a general?"

"You should already have the capacity to produce food sufficient for the needs of the populace, or was magic not paying attention?"
"Please accept my apologies, my lord, but controlling magic is not possible. And yes, rank of general fits with my hopes for future."

"I do, but food selection I can produce appears to be rather static and limited. I guess you fleshy meatbags are fine with same four dinner types for rest of your lives. I wouldn't know because I don't have to eat. But sure, if you say so."

"I am not abandoning you again Tec."

Use a spell to turn both uneven wings of Tec into a pair of working wings. Then order him to come to the island.
If it fails, order him to walk further away from the tree, we will fetch him when out of harm.

6. Tec's fleshy bits fall off and new wing sprouts out, but magic doesn't stop there. Tec's whole body shatters into pieces which float outwards before expanding and growing strands mending them back together. This change gives him more bulk while simultaneously making him less humanoid in appearance. His body is full of holes that begin giving off internal blue glow.

Tec doesn't even wait for your order, mostly because he already does have order to return. He spreads his new wings and launches himself into sky with thunderous blast. He flies fast, much faster than before, his turns are sharper than before and when he lands near you, your hairs stand up. All of them. Air around Tec is positively crackling with power. Occasional lightning zaps between his wings.

Your servants back away. "Boss, could you not use magic near us? Thanks." Brian says.

Get my payment get some kind of contact information from my employer and then go somewhere with few people and try and make my axe look cool via magic.
Eleanora's contact info or the person's who referred you to her? Anyway, Eleanore lets you get to keep the suit and tells that she will hire you again anytime you need a job. And you also get a bag full of money.

[2] Finding place without people at this time of day is outright impossible. Eventually you give up and step into first dark alley between buildings you find. Of course not even that is empty of people, but you do discover a spot amongst accumulated trash where you can quickly do magic hopefully without being seen.

1. The axe grows larger, longer and heavier. Cutting edge turns rusty and chipped. A glowing green rune carves itself on the axe and starts dripping green liquid. Whole axe gains an aura that screams to you that wielder of this axe is horrendous serial murderer who takes great delight in slowly chopping your limbs off one by one, turning your defiled carcass into piece of macabre art before going after your pet puppy and loved ones just for shits and giggles.

I suppose that would be cool if you were evil necromancer, but I gather that's not the route you are going for. Anyway, you have few seconds to do something about it before someone is going to see you and scream "MURDERER!"

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 07, 2016, 03:03:32 pm »

"To some degree it is.  Not a very great degree, but some.

You will see in a moment, I think."

Well then.

Magic up the potential of an army for Laudata to be an extremely effective general of.

That is to say, the currently extant army should be directly proportional to our current need for an army, changing over time.  The army should probably be integrated to the fortress.

Laudata should, as part of this spell, be granted the abilities and skills of the army members to draw upon as needed.

((If I'm using anything other than the sixes, let me know.))

"Come now, surely you can put together the different bits of the meal in different ways."
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 03:05:09 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 07, 2016, 03:08:27 pm »

Use magic to make axe less murder looking if that dosent work Chuck it.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 07, 2016, 03:24:23 pm »

Let's see. If you are giving them souls, then new ones won't just pop up on their own later without you separately magicing them up. 6 & 6 for army, 3 for Laudata.
If you are not giving them souls, then it is 6 for initial army, 6 for scaling numbers according to need, and 3 for Laudata's skills. And they will not count for your deal with magic.

Define "integrated to the fortress".
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 07, 2016, 03:46:10 pm »

Well, a large but finite number of reincarnating souls would work?

Like, the fortress's whole 'self-replenishing' thing applies to them too.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 03:56:55 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 07, 2016, 04:16:36 pm »

"Rectification Brian. Don't ever approach me if I begin casting magic, except if I tell otherwise. Magic is unpredictable and dangerous, I do it knowing the consequences. And I don't want any of you to be hurt because of a mood swing from Wild Magic."

"By the way, what do you all think about magic ? Feel free to open your heart to me."

As for Tec, mmh, for now ask him to stay far from everyone, electricity is harmful to organic beings.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 07, 2016, 04:28:42 pm »

Cast a spell to normalize my body condition and temperature.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 07, 2016, 10:58:20 pm »

"Turn you into a plant? Why would I do that? And you couldn't tell from the floating bits of brainmatter on that statue that this place was dangerous? Just look at it! Grow some sense, man! Now hold still and try not to scream. I don't know how this will turn out, but I have a good idea that it will work fine. Stop screaming. Stop screaming. Stop scr ... goddammit shut up!"

Dominic casts "Separate This Poor Stupid Fellow From My Equipment Already," and then he casts "You Should Really Go On a Nice Long Vacation" on the fellow.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 08, 2016, 04:18:35 am »

Well, a large but finite number of reincarnating souls would work?

Like, the fortress's whole 'self-replenishing' thing applies to them too.
Pool of reincarnating souls is quite perversion of nature, and would go right up to "messing with rules of reality" class which cannot be done currently.

Integrating them into that part of fortress can be done, but it will be seperate spell and would apply only on their bodies. And if you want to keep their souls in business after rebirth of this manner, you need to ensure souls are never separated when body dies, which in quite high class necromancy. You know, make them effectively liches. And that's yet another spell.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 08, 2016, 04:59:05 am »

Hmm.

Can I cast a spell to rearrange probability?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 55