Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 82113 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Specicide strictly optional
« Reply #360 on: May 10, 2016, 03:08:18 pm »

"Now, I am severely put out. Why would anyone thingk it wise to steal from a Wild Mage? And leave them living? What evil have  Iwrought to justify such treatment? Have I not limited myself to simple things, and almost exclusively to self harm? For shame. I am angry."

Dominic casts Find Tent, and then casts Curse (With Bodily Afflictions) The Thieves Who Took My Tent, Breakfast Items, and Goblet.

"That ought to learn 'em."

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 10, 2016, 10:18:54 pm »

Summon some bandages.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 11, 2016, 12:42:03 pm »

"...I really need to be more specific with this stuff.  Magic likes evil vibes, it seems."

Impress upon magic that I would like it to stop giving me new evil ominous things, although I wish to keep that which I have.

3. You delived your opinion about how chaos based magic should not give you chaos based creatures when you want something. Predictably magic wouldn't care less about your opinion. You asked for an army. You got an army. One equipped with natural weapons and armor, yet still capable wielding artificial weapons. If you don't like them, then change them or be more specific.

Laudata echoes the answer you got. "Magic isn't that evil really, it is mostly just... really bad at sticking with the plan."

Soleus eyes Joshua suspiciously. How come he didn't hear clearly ?

"I will repeat one last time. The Dice allows me to predict the good or bad will of Wild Magic. Anymore question ?"
"Only one. What dice?" Joshua asks. Brian sighs and shakes his head. He turns away to walk inside the villa.

Make them rich....in the art of lint making.
1. They manage to make whining sounds before their bodies transform too much. One transforms into large ancient procelain vase decorated with intricate snakes paintings. Another turns into white marble statue of bear, third falls against wall in form of extremely high detail painting of some gleaming fantasy city. Fourth is twisted into large monster made out of varous bones and skulls. Last one is splattered on another wall. His remains form an fractal image of cogs in silver, gold, bronze, crimson and lapis lazuli.

[6] Someone notices your brand new art exhibition, takes the painting and runs.

Mommyphone shuts off.

you know what they say, try try again
What's the point of trying if you know you will fail anyway?

2. Your robe grows brighter and multi colored. It looks like someone took thousand differently colored paints and splattered them all over the robe. A kaleidoscope of brilliant colors. Very noticeable. Very unfitting for brooding figure like you. Totally ruins your mysterious outlook.

"Now, I am severely put out. Why would anyone thingk it wise to steal from a Wild Mage? And leave them living? What evil have  Iwrought to justify such treatment? Have I not limited myself to simple things, and almost exclusively to self harm? For shame. I am angry."

Dominic casts Find Tent, and then casts Curse (With Bodily Afflictions) The Thieves Who Took My Tent, Breakfast Items, and Goblet.

"That ought to learn 'em."
2. You get a location somewhere in north west, near capital of the Empire. Which is very, very far from where you are now.

6. Someone, somewhere, is gonna have a really bad time.

Summon some bandages.
6. Numerous bandage rolls hover around you. They get very intimate with you, unravel, and start wrapping themselves around you. More rolls join the orgy when previous ones wear themselves out until you are completely wrapped up like a mummy. They didn't cover your mouth or eyes, so count your blessings.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 11, 2016, 12:56:28 pm »

Give myself all the knowledge skill and equipment a world renowned legendarily skilled investigator.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 11, 2016, 02:00:57 pm »

"Alright. That's that taken care of. Gods, I think I better start protecting myself from others of power, like that big mountain in the sky, and that elephant guy, and so on."

Dominic creates a handheld sphere which, when activated, projects a holographic display of the planet, highlighting locations of magical power. this map is to be controllable, such that Dominic can zoom in to the local level, or out to the interstellar, should he wish, and should include controls to turn off the magical highlighting, and add other effects, such as population, weather, or ijmproper use of your, you're and yore.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 11, 2016, 02:07:12 pm »

"This Dice Joshua." says Soleus showing the Dice of Order once more.

Closing his hand, he then stands up.

"Where is Noel ?... Marie, can you go fetch Noel ? Both of you will be assigned to Anna until further orders. Joshua and Brian will stay with me for now."

Head to the Control Room, if no particularly sudden backstabbing event occur.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 02:50:57 pm by Nakéen »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 11, 2016, 02:17:22 pm »

Noel isn't here. She didn't return from "fetch an axe" quest.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 11, 2016, 02:50:32 pm »

Noel isn't here. She didn't return from "fetch an axe" quest.
Oh. Editing action.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 11, 2016, 02:53:57 pm »

Discard the robe and summon some armor
No sig yet

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 11, 2016, 03:12:43 pm »

Order the golems to unwrap me, then bandage my wounds properly. As in, in a way that doesn't restrict mobility.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 12, 2016, 12:57:32 pm »

Give myself all the knowledge skill and equipment a world renowned legendarily skilled investigator.
6. Best investigators make sure that not too many people know about them. It's easy to get enemies when you are solving conspiracies, preventing espionage and stopping coup d'etat. This man whose entire life magic just stole for you, as you can deduce from knowledge pouring into your brain, was employed in Arkea by the crown and he was responsible for capturing most spies and saboteurs that Empire was sending. Seems like good Mrs. Beaumann got it all backwards. Apparently war is much closer than anyone believes. Oh, and apparently they got interestingly efficient mage in their service. The investigator hadn't studied the case much because he was forbidden from get involved, but he deduced the guy had found a way to control magic to some degree.

And then the equipment starts falling in around you. Books, alchemical apparatuses, various exotic tools, weapons, armors, herbs, anti-poisons and so on. A metric fuckton of this stuff falls around burying you underneath.

"Alright. That's that taken care of. Gods, I think I better start protecting myself from others of power, like that big mountain in the sky, and that elephant guy, and so on."

Dominic creates a handheld sphere which, when activated, projects a holographic display of the planet, highlighting locations of magical power. this map is to be controllable, such that Dominic can zoom in to the local level, or out to the interstellar, should he wish, and should include controls to turn off the magical highlighting, and add other effects, such as population, weather, or improper use of your, you're and yore.
I suppose I actually have to draw the world map sometime soon. It has been sitting in my brain one and a half year already.

6. You're saying some words here that magic doesn't recognize. A grain of silvery metal hovers above your waiting palm and starts growing. It keeps going until it is nicely palm fitting, and at that point it stops hovering and falls down on your palm. And continues down onto ground as you curse its suprising weight. It's heavy enough that holding it with one hand more than one minute is completely out of question.

"This Dice Joshua." says Soleus showing the Dice of Order once more.

Closing his hand, he then stands up.

"Where is Noel ?... Marie, can you go fetch Noel ? Both of you will be assigned to Anna until further orders. Joshua and Brian will stay with me for now."

Head to the Control Room, if no particularly sudden backstabbing event occur.
He stares at your hand a moment and nods. "Yep, you're right. He's nuts." he notes to Brian quietly, but not quietly enough. It possibly wasn't intented for your ears as he lowered his voice considerably.

"Yes, sir!" Marie shouts and marches inside. Brian is already by the front door when you give orders. He stops displaying no small amount of disappointment.

Off to control room you go.

Discard the robe and summon some armor
It's little akward to take off with your new horns. You have to remember make neck of your shirts larger.

3. Pair of leather bracers falls by your feet. It's underwhelming.

Order the golems to unwrap me, then bandage my wounds properly. As in, in a way that doesn't restrict mobility.
[2] Your golems are simply not flexible or smart enough for this very complex and delicate task.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 12, 2016, 01:03:21 pm »

Carefully begin taking this stuff off me make some lint using magic.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 12, 2016, 01:50:43 pm »

Make my creations, which is to say, the fortress, the army, and (should she assent to this) Laudata, look good-as-opposed-to-ominous.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 12, 2016, 07:19:19 pm »

"Welp, that is heavy. So much for portability. Ah well."

Dominic Casts Create MapBall Table to make a table with a sort of stand in the middle to support the mapball. Then He casts Create Comfortable Three Story Private Residence. to house his stuff and his self.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 12, 2016, 10:18:38 pm »

Get them to try again. Imperfect or not, they've got to find the ends of the bandages at some point.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 55