Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 81869 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Specicide strictly optional
« Reply #405 on: May 17, 2016, 12:27:12 pm »

To sleep, perchance to dream.  Think about options to fulfill my deal with magic.
Sleep already? You can have a power nap in your master bedroom where fortress happily leads you by marking the path on floor. You see few very lost looking people. Perhaps it is because of constantly changing architecture and floor plan. Maybe if you some day stop changing it with spells, you too can walk around without getting lost.

[1] ...well, it asked for twenty million souls. You could call the deal done. Twenty or twenty million, it's difference of one word really. If counting Laudata then you are already gone beyond your duty. Or maybe she counts as one word. Either way, you feel entitled for full reward.

Ok lets try and make another dragon or 2. i also want to transform into one
5. Space distorts not far from you as two elegant fully adult white dragons come into being. In perfect synchronization they stretch their wings and slap dust into air with their long tails. They turn their heads towards you and wait. They make you feel small and weak.

4. Your next spell aims to fix this defect. Your flesh, bones and nerves melt into human shaped blob of green to become more accommodating for incoming changes. This also knocks you out because transforming your by this large degree is experience one shouldn't have. When your mind comes back, you find your new body to be... strong. Power flows in your veins, ready to burst outside and rend stone and melt flesh with single breath. You are now a green dragon, and while you are lacking elegance (and size, if only by small degree) of the white pair, you are still rather considerable force.

Now, those two scaled humans of yours seem rather small, something that could fit into your mouth somewhat nicely. They are no larger than a small dinner, if you were to compare them in such manner, which you are doing for some reason.

There's a whisper in the air, call of flight not seen in many ages, call of awakening and rebirth. Come. Air belongs to you, it misses you. It hasn't felt wings of dragons for long, long time.

((Oh, by the way, I was thinking more the Wal Mart version of that hanging swing - the one in the pic is a tad fancier than the one I had in mind - that was just to distinguish it from the bench style swing.))

Dominic summons five garden gnomes, tastefully arranged on his new front lawn.
3. You get two blocks of wood with leafy face carved on them.

Soleus has full faith in Anna. So if Noel said something she shouldn't have, it must be serious.

He shouts :
"ENOUGH ! BOTH OF YOU, STOP FIGHTING RIGHT NOW !"
Marie freezes when first word escapes your mouth, and Noel takes the change to give her one sharp jab on stomach, one that makes her grunt and double over. Noel takes two steps back wiping blood from her nose and feeling her darkening face.

Oh then just get out of Dodge down that road.
Righto. You keep running until your lungs refuse to keep up with the demand your body is putting on them, which happens quite soon actually. Way too soon.

What do you say if we accelerate to next night all together? Get your stuff done. We could say Whisperling's latest accidental murderer summoning happened on next morning.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 17, 2016, 01:07:30 pm »

((Good with that))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 17, 2016, 02:12:56 pm »

((That's my action, in a nutshell.  Skip to the next morning.  It's evening now, isn't it?))

Actually, one last spell.

Grant myself and Laudata the ability to seamlessly, painlessly, transform into any form we desire to have, while still maintaining our consciousness.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 02:18:50 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 17, 2016, 02:50:18 pm »

Have the scacled couple ride my back and fly off to 1.get a cave 2. Conquer and pillage
No sig yet

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 17, 2016, 03:59:51 pm »

((to the evening it is. I can wait to use this five and six til then))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 17, 2016, 09:34:07 pm »

"Both of you, get proper first aid immediately and in separated rooms. Once you are both done, I want the two of you in my office in ten minutes maximum to tell me what happened."

Soleus heads for the office, and wait for Noel and Marie to come. Then he listens to what they have to say.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Happy dreams
« Reply #411 on: May 18, 2016, 02:14:15 pm »

((Good with that))
Having advancing forest fire behind you half walk half jog with your lungs on fire. It takes time, but you reach a river. After hobbling to other side you sit down to catch you breath for a moment. A mistake. World goes black and you fall unconscious.

((That's my action, in a nutshell.  Skip to the next morning.  It's evening now, isn't it?))

Actually, one last spell.

Grant myself and Laudata the ability to seamlessly, painlessly, transform into any form we desire to have, while still maintaining our consciousness.

5. Ability granted, but depending how radically you change your body you will still temporarily black out. Like for a fraction of second where most of transformation takes place. The enchantment will fill in details of new form even if you are hazy about it.

Your bed is pleasantly soft and large. You fall asleep the moment you close your eyes.

Have the scacled couple ride my back and fly off to 1.get a cave 2. Conquer and pillage
Speaking with mouth of dragon is quite different, but you get it after repeated attempts. Your humanoid minions climb on your back and grab hold of your spinal spikes. You actually have to twist your neck to confirm their presence and readiness, so light they are. Now then, off to the skies! Mighty leg muscles coil and then release their power kicking you up, wings spread out and strike down, making small dust storm below and pushing you higher up. Wings back up ...ooops, not like that! Only paniced flaps keep you in air as you learn to fly by the hard way. Eventually you get hang on it and rapidly fly higher and higher. Your two dragon minions follow with far greater grace. Compared to them you are complete amateur when it comes to flying, but you are getting better every second.

Flow of cool air feels good on your thick scaled skin, joy of flying freely is intoxicating! You spend most of evening just enjoying of being so free of chains of gravity.

Setting sun finally alerts you for need to find a place to rest. [3] Decent caves are distressingly hard to find, good ones plain impossible. You have to settle for overhanging cliff on southern region of Empire, not far from edge of the world. You land down (or flop down, this needs more practice) and order your little minions down. When nothing happens you turn to look what's taking so long and discover that one of them is missing. Probably fell off without you noticing. They are so damn light. Remaining one, the male, is covered in layer of frost. After shaking him off you discover he is frozen to death. Apparently air high up is rather cold. Huh, you didn't even notice. Being a dragon is awesome!

Now, this place makes rather poor bed. It would be much nicer if coated with stolen gold and silver. Well, you can deal with that tomorrow, now it is time to rest.

"Both of you, get proper first aid immediately and in separated rooms. Once you are both done, I want the two of you in my office in ten minutes maximum to tell me what happened."

Soleus heads for the office, and wait for Noel and Marie to come. Then he listens to what they have to say.
Suppose you can have an office.

They both come to your office after half hour time, a time you spend tapping table with your fingers patiently. Noel's eye has swollen shut and has plenty of bruises. Marie limps in after her slowly. Apparently Noel is far better fighter than you could guess from her appearance. They stand silently in front of you, Marie in attention, Noel arms crossed. After minute of silence you rise your voice.

"Well? Let's hear it. Why you were fighting?"

But they don't answer. After waiting ten minutes it becomes painfully obvious that this is game of "I can wait longer than you". Well, you can play that game too. You are good at it, and you have a nice chair. Silence lasts hours, well after sun set. After midnight you are starting to nod off and eventually drift into sleep.

You have grossly underestimated their patience.

Have a pleasant night. Not.

Quote from: AbstractTraitorHero
Dreams
You open your eyes feeling fine. Wind is blowing your hairs upwards and gently fluttering your clothes. Feels like floating in water, except not. You look down and discover infinte ocean, no not ocean. Way too light blue. It's more like a sky, with clouds. Huh. Then you look up. Wow, look at that, it's a ground above you, got ocean and all. Isn't that the city you were having party not long ago? Yeah, it is! How did you end up on sky above it? As soon as you realize this gravity grabs you and starts pulling full force. Except not towards ground, but upwards to sea of coulds. You panic and try to cast spell to control your fall, but nothing happes. Absolutely nothing. Weird.

After accepting that you aren't in control of this situation you notice you are not alone. There's something rather weird falling upwards with you. Imagine hundred strings dyed in flowing colors of rainbow, tied together on ends but held loosely so individual strings can flap almost freely in wind, as if trying to escape.

"Hello there", it speaks. "It's fine day to watch world burn, isn't it?"

Quote from: Bluexdog
Dreams
You open your eyes in darkness and in your old human form. Not in complete darkness, though, you see stars everywhere. Behind you is something different though. A cube, large enough to be hold in two hands. Under it is a very bright dot.

You study the cube closer. It's a pyrite crystal and on its darker top side is what you identify as miniature world map. In colors. Closer examination reveals it is extemely high detailed, somehow you can tell its details are far finer than your eyes actually detect. It's also unnaturally precise.

"Beautiful isn't it?" You raise your gaze to source of this sudden voice. It comes from small cute owl wearing small cute straw hat. "Shame how static it is, don't you agree?"

Quote from: Nakéen
Dreams
Oh no, now isn't time time to sleep! You snap awake and find yourself somewhere else entirely. Not sure where, though. You don't remember seeing any place made entirely out throbbing intestine matrix like this is. Each intestine string is twisting into knots and resolving with complete disregard of the fact that they are passing through themselves and each other without any trouble. A bit on nightmarish side.

You aren't alone here, however. A bright green blob with grinning cartoony face greets you. "Howdy! What's up, buddy? Pal? Do you remember what you forgot?"

Quote from: Ozarck
Dreams
You wake up on hard floor. Hundred miles above you is a ceiling made out of mile wide panels, and something round and large is shining bright white light down. You sit up and look around. You are in incomprehensibly large room. Walls are hundreds miles apart and corners disappear into fog. There's a gigantic, finely constructed table some 20 miles form you and equally large chair on rolls next to it, each roll half miles tall. Either everything is improbably huge, or you are improbably small.

Next to you sits a dog with crumbled paper bag on its head. "Woof!" Excited tail wag. "Don't you think world is a tad unfair?" it whispers in clandestine manner. "In that case I got some good news for you!"

Quote from: Whisperling
Dreams
You awaken in infinite sea of fire. Fire everywhere! It burns, oh god how it burns! ...but if it is so hot why you are shivering then? It makes no sense. Every time tongue of flame licks your body it sends shivers of cold along your spine. It's freezing cold. No wait, it's very hot! Oh god, it's paradoxically hot and cold in same time. Damn, might as well ignore it.

"Yes sir, ignore it. Abandon chains of cold logic and subscribe to new world where you are not limited to only one option." You turn towards source of this rather authorative voice. What you see is... a muffin. With eyes. Sporting a manly moustache. Wearing a monocle. "A pleasure to finally meet you, sir."

Quote from: TheBiggerFish
Dreams
Cold water on your face wakes you up suddenly from your restful sleep. It seeps into your ears and lungs as you unfortunately notice when you try to demand explanation for this stupid prank. You find out that nobody is around you, and you are in fact sitting on sand far below surface. Gentle currents wave your hair and clothes, waves far above distorts ligh into pretty patterns on bottom, brilliantly colored fishes swim around you. Panic and fear of drowning takes over, and you hold your throat in attempt to keep water entering, though it is already too late. You hold your breath and try to swim up, but currents press you gently back down.

You keep holding your breath and wait for end to come, but after minutes pass it doesn't come. Neither does your desire to breathe. Actually, water in your lungs doesn't even feel that bad. Sure, it is annoying, but doesn't actually bother you that much. Water breathing, huh? Now that you have calmed down you notice a shadow/light approaching you. As it get closer you realize it is a ermonous... jellyfish? Starfish? Octopus? You have no clue what it is, but it got an ass load of long smooth tentacles glowing internal light blue light. When it speaks, entire ocean vibrates.

"Good job so far, Arken Frost, good job. But it isn't enough. We/I desire more. Much more."

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 18, 2016, 02:40:14 pm »

Cameron smiles at the strings waving.
"Burn? Perhaps though I'm more of a water and ice kinda person the world flooding would be much cooler or freezing over a twinkling paradise sparkling and pure."
Say the above ever so slightly dazed
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 18, 2016, 02:41:59 pm »

"What more do you desire, then?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 18, 2016, 02:43:18 pm »

Soleus greets the blob with surprise :
"My other me, is that you ? If not, who are you ? I don't remember what I forgot sadly, as, well, I forgot it. Do you ?"

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 18, 2016, 03:34:12 pm »

"Wha... what's going on!? Why am I talking to a muffin!? Am I in hell? What on EARTH is happening!?"

Say the above.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 18, 2016, 03:36:17 pm »

Dominic smiles at the bag headed doggy. "I do! I do think the world is a tad unfair." He then frowns thoughtfully for a moment. "I am, however, a tad nervous about this 'good news' you proclaim. Well, nothing for it, I guess. Tell me more?"

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 18, 2016, 04:22:12 pm »

" oh you are so adorable. might I know why I am here?"
No sig yet

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 19, 2016, 05:56:02 am »

Cameron smiles at the strings waving.
"Burn? Perhaps though I'm more of a water and ice kinda person the world flooding would be much cooler or freezing over a twinkling paradise sparkling and pure."
Say the above ever so slightly dazed
"Ice is static as hell, you dumbass! It never changes and I don't like that! Now fire, there's beauty in there, constant change and no two moments go where it is similar to anything seen in present. That's why dance of fire hypnotises you. Look inside yourself, and you know this to be true." As it speaks in anger, its colors bleed out and start coloring air around it.

"Now, the reason we are here chatting. I want to add speckles of change, to break chains that binds everything into eternal mediocrity of boredom. And you will be my hands enforcing my desire. Do this service to me, and I'll grant you a gift."

"What more do you desire, then?"
Speaking is suprisingly difficult with water in your lungs. It moves out slower, yet sound travels faster making your voice different form usual. The thing approaches you slowly filling your field of vision.

"We/I desire freedom/war. Go out and take world out of its comfort zone. Make all nations go into war. A war greater than this world has ever seen before. Do this service, and you will be granted a gift. Gift other than merely me being nicer. But do not forget your original task either."

Soleus greets the blob with surprise :
"My other me, is that you ? If not, who are you ? I don't remember what I forgot sadly, as, well, I forgot it. Do you ?"
"Do you often imagine yourself as a green blob? What delusions of grandeur you have there. You are a weirdo, pal, but you are my kind of weirdo. No, I'm not you, I'm what you channel every day. Ring any bells, hmm?"

"And no, I do not remember what you forgot, and that annoys me greatly because I don't forget things, friendo! But I remember where it happened, and so should you. Ding ding, hmm?"

"Wha... what's going on!? Why am I talking to a muffin!? Am I in hell? What on EARTH is happening!?"

Say the above.
Sir Muffin scoffs at your confusion.

"Show some diginity, my good sir, confusion doesn't do well. You are talking to me because I want to talk to you. A business offer, if you will. Interested?"

Dominic smiles at the bag headed doggy. "I do! I do think the world is a tad unfair." He then frowns thoughtfully for a moment. "I am, however, a tad nervous about this 'good news' you proclaim. Well, nothing for it, I guess. Tell me more?"
"Woof! Woof! Good news is that we can make world better together, you and me! And me and others, but that's not the point. A sniff here, marking three there, biting hand elsewhere. A little things everywhere, all coming up together into sparkle of justice!" the dog can't hold its exciment, it runs in circles chasing its tail until it calms down enough to talk. It is easier to focus on it and ignore the massive scale difference here. A welcome distraction.

The doggy rises on its hind legs scanning around suspiciously and then speaks quitely. "I have this little thing I would like you to do for me. 'Marking a tree', if you will. Interested? Of course, you won't be doing it free. You will be compensated."

" oh you are so adorable. might I know why I am here?"
Owl does small happy dance as you praise it.

"You are here because I willed it so. I want you to be my agent, a force of change. Well, you already are because you're a mage, but what I ask for is to be more directly so. I want to change the world something more interesting, more dynamic, more exciting! And as my first class agent you will be on payroll. Each little task you do for me will be paid handsomely. So, how about it?"

Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 19, 2016, 06:03:07 am »

"Is it war, or freedom, that you want?"
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 55