Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 82107 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #675 on: June 22, 2016, 03:30:16 pm »

He takes  out his dice casually.
"Yeah I still have the dice ...mom that mage out there seems really dangerous and I've  got a 6 so any magic I throw would be too powerful..."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 22, 2016, 04:30:40 pm »

"OH GAWD.

OH GAWD THE PAIN.

AAARGH.
"

Alan reels, eyes wide open and bulging. He desperately clasps his seared flesh, scremaing in agony.

"THIS WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN. SOMEONE, ASSIST ME."

Alan attempts to recall where a clinic is, and stumble off in that direction.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 23, 2016, 05:02:49 am »

"Nice place you got here. Can .. Can we get my luggage up here now?"
Dominic dismounts and pats  CenTreepede affectionately, sending it to curl up in a relatively stable and safe spot, like the back edge of the villa or something, then peers over the edge and considers methods of gathering his stuff.

"I have a three and a six coming up. I don't think either will be the best for retrieving lost items. Maybe we could sort of tilt the island a little? so we are lower to the ground up here? Or something? Maybe I could make a Centreepede sized tunnel to a lower exit, so we have a ;ess wobbly method of elevation?""

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 23, 2016, 10:53:45 am »

Samuel turns around to look at the now self-building bridge.

"Soleus? Arken? Do you think that these quests are really... well, a good idea? I mean, we were basically bribed to do them by what I assume is an incarnation of chaos. Not to say that chaos is a terrible thing, in and of itself, but..."

He casts a spell to turn that "sparkly" thing into a fire aura that can be turned on and off (the turning on and off is the important bit).

"...Well, I don't know. It just gives me a bad feeling, what with order becoming involved. Not to mention that my Dice have continued breaking."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 23, 2016, 11:22:49 am »

<Frankly, I do not think they are a good idea at all.  Mine was to bring war.  I do not want to bring war.>

Myths about magic.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:24:24 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 23, 2016, 02:45:30 pm »

To Dominic :
"Thank you for the compliment, we will find a way to retrieve your belongings. For now, let me introduce you to my wife and my servants."

Soleus called everyone in the mansion and introduced them to Dominic.
"This is Anna, my dear wife. And here are Brian, Joshua, Noel and Marie."

Then to Samuel :
"I don't know. All I know is that my mission is to ensure the completion of your missions. Answers will come as I complete mine for Order."

Then Soleus ask Joshua, the physically most capable one to jump on the platform to reactivate it. Then he is to take the time needed to retrieve Dominic's stuff.
Then Soleus gets his shoulder checked.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 23, 2016, 04:22:09 pm »

He takes  out his dice casually.
"Yeah I still have the dice ...mom that mage out there seems really dangerous and I've  got a 6 so any magic I throw would be too powerful..."
"Then make the spell weaker than necessary. I have found that is usually enough to offset negative effects. Not always, but often enough that it makes good tactic. I you are not willing to take his life, then stay out of his business. That kind of mages are dangerous to work with."

She stops looking for her Die and closes the cabinet slowly. "I can't find it. It has disappeared completely, which means someone or something took it. I wonder it it was that guy... His presence here is too much of coincidence." Mom looks out of the window at mage who's now shouting for help and shambling away, her eyes squinted. "Did you see any traces of anyone visiting here uninvited?"

"OH GAWD.

OH GAWD THE PAIN.

AAARGH.
"

Alan reels, eyes wide open and bulging. He desperately clasps his seared flesh, scremaing in agony.

"THIS WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN. SOMEONE, ASSIST ME."

Alan attempts to recall where a clinic is, and stumble off in that direction.
There was one around, right? It wasn't even that far if you remember it right. And pleasantly in direction guards are not. If you feign yourself as a victim of homicidal mage, they probably help you without second thought. There's a plenty of burned people by sound of it, so it will be easy, but you need to run fast there if you want to be among first one's to be treated. Otherwise you probably will have to wait in line. Of course it will be much easier if you don't bring your pet dragon along. And if you could do something about your monstrous feet or at least hide it somehow. All that would increase your changes to get healing.

The first major hurdle is the guards. You need to ensure no guards can identify you. Thankfully they were too far to see your face clearly. Getting into alley between buildings will give you a precious moment of privacy to do something about your appearance.

So let's say you made it into alley, out of sight. The dragon tries to follow but is far too large to fit in.

"Nice place you got here. Can .. Can we get my luggage up here now?"
Dominic dismounts and pats  CenTreepede affectionately, sending it to curl up in a relatively stable and safe spot, like the back edge of the villa or something, then peers over the edge and considers methods of gathering his stuff.

"I have a three and a six coming up. I don't think either will be the best for retrieving lost items. Maybe we could sort of tilt the island a little? so we are lower to the ground up here? Or something? Maybe I could make a Centreepede sized tunnel to a lower exit, so we have a ;ess wobbly method of elevation?""
Your luggage is mostly fine, expect statue of your benefactor. It's arm has broken off.

Magic is always solution to every problem. Solution might involve burning world into ashes, but that's a price you must pay. Knowing how shitty that elevator plate of his is, you could try to improve it. 3 would be enough to make it better in some aspect if you set your goal high enough. And then use 6 to give yourself telekinesis. That would solve all logistics related problems. No more undignified menial tasks, it's more worthy of your title as a mage to work with your mind alone.

See Nakéen's turn below.

Samuel turns around to look at the now self-building bridge.

"Soleus? Arken? Do you think that these quests are really... well, a good idea? I mean, we were basically bribed to do them by what I assume is an incarnation of chaos. Not to say that chaos is a terrible thing, in and of itself, but..."

He casts a spell to turn that "sparkly" thing into a fire aura that can be turned on and off (the turning on and off is the important bit).

"...Well, I don't know. It just gives me a bad feeling, what with order becoming involved. Not to mention that my Dice have continued breaking."

4. Sparkling turns into aura of fire and boils water banshee's hand before you manage to turn it off. She turns her back to you and pouts, making sure you notice it.

To Dominic :
"Thank you for the compliment, we will find a way to retrieve your belongings. For now, let me introduce you to my wife and my servants."

Soleus called everyone in the mansion and introduced them to Dominic.
"This is Anna, my dear wife. And here are Brian, Joshua, Noel and Marie."

Then to Samuel :
"I don't know. All I know is that my mission is to ensure the completion of your missions. Answers will come as I complete mine for Order."

Then Soleus ask Joshua, the physically most capable one to jump on the platform to reactivate it. Then he is to take the time needed to retrieve Dominic's stuff.
Then Soleus gets his shoulder checked.

Joshua decides that jumping down is a suicide, so he refuses the order. Instead he retrieves the rope he used earlier to lower Brian and Marie down and makes Brian do the job. The rope works as additional support so together they manage to pull up most of fallen equipment. Only things they can't get up are the statue and the crapsack. Too big.

As for your shoulder, Noel apparently has most medical knowledge and she tells you exactly same what you figured out by yourself. Broken bones, insignificant internal bleeding that most likely will take care of itself. Setting the bone is a pain in the ass as she puts it. You could stick some metal into the bone and incorporate it into your bone structure for stronger bones.

While she works on it she whispers you something. "Now that I don't have watch my words, I tell you something. You shouldn't have made Anna. That opened all kinds of flood gates that should have stayed shut. It was exceedingly stupid feat. She was a mistake."

I don't remember saying your mission is to ensure theirs. Is Soleus lying?

<Frankly, I do not think they are a good idea at all.  Mine was to bring war.  I do not want to bring war.>

Myths about magic.
Well, let's see, what there is to tell beyond what is in OP? Not much really. Magic is the last spawn of Primordial Chaos. Nobody exactly knows when it reared its ugly head and made first wild mages, but when it did, a lot of people died. Their numbers and lethality dropped quickly afterwards, but never really ended. Why did Order allow it to remain and influence the world? Some say it was because it was enslaved to perform some function beyond human capacity to understand. Why Order didn't destroy it like it destroyed rest of Chaos? One blasphemous answer is that Order was too weak to do it. Where is Order? No one has heard of its voice since time immemorial, although Servants of Order used to claim they had all the answers, but nobody listens to those nutjobs anymore. Bunch of loony architects with fetish for crystals and geometric shapes, though their designs are really neat and rock solid.

Sorry, myths about magic is a dry well to draw stories from. It's the unknown demon nobody really knows anything about. Not even mages truly know what it is, and magic isn't one to answer that question eagerly.
Myths about mages on the other hand may be easier.

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 23, 2016, 04:26:15 pm »

Sure, myths about mages.

Also, mull over whether I'd tick anybody off if I made a more companion-y companion.  Then, if the answer is 'no', well.  Hmm. 

Give magic this list of qualities:
Feminine, attractive, intelligent, nice, generally moral, safe to be around without needing special precautions to ensure that I am not unduly altered against my will, able to read a book safely, magical, likes me in the romantic sense.
Then give it free rein to decide what comes out.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 06:38:52 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 23, 2016, 04:29:49 pm »

Give the banshee the ability to regenerate via water absorption. Then send it to the ocean to heal, with a warning to take things a bit slowly.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 23, 2016, 04:30:39 pm »

Cameron blinks as he suddenly remembers  where something is.
Go and grab mother's die
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 23, 2016, 04:37:58 pm »

"Hm. Strikes me as a little odd for a mage of order to ensure Chaos' directions are followed, but if you say so."

"Are either of you off to anywhere in particular? I've got some decent numbers ahead, and I figure I could provide some help."

"Also, I'd like to extend this conference call enchantment to more mages. Easier communication is always a good thing."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 23, 2016, 05:24:19 pm »

I don't remember saying your mission is to ensure theirs. Is Soleus lying?
((Looking back, I may have misunderstood the Second Priority. No problem, let's say it is a lie if it is wrong...))
Soleus unflinchingly said to Noel :
"My past self opened many doors with these dices. Everything he did could be considered a mistake, her, you, this house... Say Noel. As someone who crossed one of these doors, what did you see about Anna ?"

Sometime after or before, Soleus said to Dominic and Samuel :

To Samuel :
"Good idea. Communication will allow for better control."

To Dominic :
"We will leave soon. We can't help you much for the Crapsack and the Statue, you will have to haul them yourself if you want to keep them. Oh, and avoid using Wild Magic within the shield boundary."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 23, 2016, 06:01:55 pm »

"Professor Cuddles! A new order, for you. Stay in this area for one hour. Attack any and all individuals you see that are not me. Cause a distraction. The guards will probably think I'm still around here, near you. If things get hairy, or once one hour has elapsed, seek me out immediately. You should be able to find me; I'll be in that direction. There's a clinic."

Alan thinks a moment. His feet will be too difficult to conceal. Whilst Professor Cuddles may distract the guards for now, he will still stand out among those being healed. Instead, he needs a way to be completely unnoticed until receiving medical intention.

"Become invisible!"

He then makes his way to the nearby pharmacy as quickly as possible, regardless of the [1] he's about to roll.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 23, 2016, 07:24:38 pm »

"There is a shield boundary? Where does it end? That Crapsack is a very useful piece of luggage, and that statue ... well,  I mean ... gosh. It's the memorial to the previous owner of these dice, and a strong reminder for me to be careful."

If Dominic is outside of Soleus' shield boundary, cast Convert Elevator Platform Into Grand, Elegant, Elevator Car. Then cast Bring Crapsack and All the parts of the Mage Statue to The Island, Gently.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 23, 2016, 07:31:58 pm »

"The whole island is within a forcefield. It protects it against external threats. You can use magic, as long as the dices aren't bad. Be wise."
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 55