Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: Blank Slate - Turn 35 (Jul 7)  (Read 37296 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 4 (Apr 15)
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2016, 03:48:40 am »

((Bloody typos...))
"He seems unharmed, but his finger has an odd bandage. Either someone patched up his wounded finger... or put something in it. Or possibly replaced it."

Check to see if the finger matches the rest of the hand, or if it seems foreign or misshaped.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2016, 05:45:08 pm »

Making sure not to get the books wet, undress and baptize myself. "As the hours pass, my sin doth grow. Dear Father, release me this wickedness and pray I souls kept safe."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2016, 11:24:32 pm »

Maybe the sickbay has something to revive Hansel?
Pursuade Brann that we should carry Hansel to the sickbay.
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2016, 12:24:20 am »

((Sorry for being late guys, I have shaky wifi [at best] where I am, so I'll try to get my actions in, but if not, just imagine Soreli having a panic attack or something. I'll be back to normal in 1 day and a bit.))

Soreli slowly calmed down, but jumped when the robot spoke. She is still not speaking.

Her hair still a light purple, she seems a bit shaken. She lets Yin-xi handle the situation.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2016, 03:09:12 am »

(Sosoku will has had some contact, but I'll still move the game forward without waiting for him since he is isolated from the others.)

((Sorry for being late guys, I have shaky wifi [at best] where I am, so I'll try to get my actions in, but if not, just imagine Soreli having a panic attack or something. I'll be back to normal in 1 day and a bit.))

(This seems to be a trend ;))

Turn 5

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Basic Ship Layout (click to show/hide)

((Bloody typos...))
"He seems unharmed, but his finger has an odd bandage. Either someone patched up his wounded finger... or put something in it. Or possibly replaced it."

Check to see if the finger matches the rest of the hand, or if it seems foreign or misshaped.

Indeed, the streaks look almost like bloody typos, arranged in a pattern that resembles text but doesn't actually read as anything.

[d8: 6, 1] You DISCOVER that the finger has remained attached and behaves normally, just as a finger would. The bandage itself burns your hand when you touch it. It's freeze-burn, actually; your hand feels cold and slightly fuzzy after touching it.

Maybe the sickbay has something to revive Hansel?
Pursuade Brann that we should carry Hansel to the sickbay.

You hear a sizzle as Brann examines Hansel's hand. His finger seems to have been burnt by something.

Yin-xi tilts their head to the side.

"How long have you been active since we breached the horizon?"

"Err... I'm not sure?" She shrugs, walking closer.
"This was even wierder for us than it is for you, madame. Most of us woke up, suddenly having bodies. Maine told us not to wake up the masters, so we all congregated in anticipation of your return. As you can see, most of us don't have actual bodies..."

The voices seem to have come from the insects themselves.

Soreli slowly calmed down, but jumped when the robot spoke. She is still not speaking.

Her hair still a light purple, she seems a bit shaken. She lets Yin-xi handle the situation.

You weren't actually aware there was a maid android like that on the ship. One would imagine you'd be introduced beforehand, but the committee did seem to try to rush things.

Making sure not to get the books wet, undress and baptize myself. "As the hours pass, my sin doth grow. Dear Father, release me this wickedness and pray I souls kept safe."

[1] You set the books aside and cast off your robes and begin, but there is one slight problem... it isn't really a baptism if it isn't a public action, is it? That seems to be kind of essential to the whole process.
"Here, let me help you with that."
A hand rests on your shoulder, and carries you down into the water. You feel the sins of a thousand men crawling on your back below the water... but then you emerge, born again in this world as well as the last.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 03:39:52 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 5 (Apr 17)
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2016, 05:47:42 am »

He looks around the library, and wonders at the solidity of the walls. Following this, he looks for the rest of his crewmembers.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2016, 11:58:21 am »

Is Hansel awake? Did I miss something?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2016, 12:32:19 pm »

Is Hansel awake? Did I miss something?

Um, no. He just didn't read anything but his own rolls. Don't worry, just ignore his posts until he comes awake on your side, I have a plot for him in mind.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2016, 10:34:48 pm »

"Why!!!!!?" Dodge out of the way of the monster's attacks.

"I'm sorryyyyyyyyyyy!" lead it around the room and then run directly towards the ladder, yelling apologies the entire way.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 11:22:04 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2016, 11:10:38 pm »

"Ow, ow, did not expect that. I think we should move him to the sick bay. The bandage freeze-burned my hand, so it is likely doing much, much worse to his hand."

Help move Hansel to the sickbay... as much as I can.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 11:42:43 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2016, 11:37:43 pm »

Move Hansel to the sick bay with Brann

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2016, 12:42:54 am »

"Thank you." Réoyris says, not bothering to turn to look. "Tell me, are you of the void?"
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2016, 01:41:16 am »

Yin-xi chewed on their lips. Though nobody else would know that. "Too many strange happenings and not enough explanations. We are in the antiverse all right.... Have you seen the others?"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2016, 01:54:28 am »

Yin-xi chewed on their lips. Though nobody else would know that. "Too many strange happenings and not enough explanations. We are in the antiverse all right.... Have you seen the others?"

"Antiverse? Oh, I don't know anything about cosmology, I'm just an atmospheric regulation intelligence. You can call me Reggie. Perhaps you should ask Maine when she next returns. She left the ship a couple times prior and the last time she returned, she told us that there is a way to get bodies for the rest of the machines. How wonderful! You should stick around."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 18, 2016, 02:25:28 am »

Uh, I think I'll just take 7 players for now and see what happens later on.

Turn 6

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Basic Ship Layout (click to show/hide)

"Ow, ow, did not expect that. I think we should move him to the sick bay. The bandage freeze-burned my hand, so it is likely doing much, much worse to his hand."

Help move Hansel to the sickbay... as much as I can.

You

Move Hansel to the sick bay with Brann

haul Hansel out into the hall together. He weighs a substantial amount with his armor, [8/8, 4/6] but you convey him effortlessly, shifting the body's weight onto your side to ease the strain on the lesser baseline human.

The halls continue to be overgrown, and in fact the plants get thicker as you near the infirmary. As you merge into the one hall, coming to a fork, you carry on to where Soreli and Yin-xi's rooms are, though they don't seem to be present. The doors are open.
The infirmary is just ahead, but there seem to be large tree roots coming out of the ruined doorway. The door might be jammed in place and hard to open (Check 5 to break the metal door).

"Antiverse? Oh, I don't know anything about cosmology, I'm just an atmospheric regulation intelligence. You can call me Reggie. Perhaps you should ask Maine when she next returns. She left the ship a couple times prior and the last time she returned, she told us that there is a way to get bodies for the rest of the machines. How wonderful! You should stick around."

(See above)

"Thank you." Réoyris says, not bothering to turn to look. "Tell me, are you of the void?"

"I do not know. Perhaps I am now, but I have not been always. Just as you have been borne into this world anew, so have I, albeit to a greater extent."
She enters the water, her black dress and vest still worn, her white sleeves clinging to her arms. "You yourself have been baptised twice, once in the past world, and once in this. I ask you to baptise me, a creature which has never once set foot in a pool of water, or a church, or a cathedral such as yours. In the world before, I always craved the pious life of a human, denied that right by the hands who built me..."
She lets out a dejected sigh.
"Though, for what I am about to do, I understand if you refuse..."

He looks around the library, and wonders at the solidity of the walls. Following this, he looks for the rest of his crewmembers.

You walk out the door into the hall, and find that everything has been overgrown with plants. Including, perhaps to your dismay, the bodies of your fellow crewmembers. It seems they long ago perished, their bodies now tangled in the masses of thorns.

As you approach, though, one of the bodies turns its head. It begins to chant.

"You can save us, Hansel..."
Another one turns its face, missing its eyes and teeth. "Only you..."

"Why!!!!!?" Dodge out of the way of the monster's attacks.

"I'm sorryyyyyyyyyyy!" lead it around the room and then run directly towards the ladder, yelling apologies the entire way.

[3/6] You flee into the hallway, heading straight for the ladder. The monster follows your moves and attempts to cut you off, [Attack: 1/6 vs Dodge: 5/6] but its clumsy movements cause it to miss and hit the wall instead, sending a whole cloud of ant-like critters into the air and ruining the antennae on its arm. You apologize profusely while bolting it, reaching the ladder in time.

The creature stands silently at the end of the hall as you escape the swarming insects on the ground. It doesn't seem to be pursuing further.
You can go up the ladder if you like, or you can check on the life support systems in the complex further down the hall if you don't think the monster will continue to chase. The ladder leads firstly to the crew quarters floor and secondly to the factory segment, which is much higher up and low-G since it lies in the center of the spinning ship.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 02:28:24 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24