Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: Blank Slate - Turn 35 (Jul 7)  (Read 37297 times)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 6 (Apr 17)
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2016, 08:02:48 am »

"Well, redemption lies above." Head upwards on the ladder towards the factory floor. Plenty of places to hide out. And maybe a good computer to hack into. See what the hell happened.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 12:36:41 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2016, 12:43:24 pm »

"Hopefully whatever has been growing within the sickbay hasn't damaged all the medical equipment".
Try to enter the sickbay.
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2016, 08:58:56 pm »

Réoyris smiles a clam, gentle smile. "Then in this unheavenly plane I pray there be two among the saints."

"I warn you, as a flesh, I may be one saint, many or as easily none. For you must hope that it is the Father who baptizes you through my hands of wretched flesh."

"Father, may this spirit meet soul and this soul enter through gates of pearl."

Baptize her.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2016, 10:08:48 pm »

Soreli looks slightly calmer, but her hair turns a light grey, signifying suspicion. She speaks up.

"Well.... I think.... uh.. That this is our best option... At the moment... Yin-xi. It's a lead..... and that's all we need... heh....rhymes..."

Follow the maid.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2016, 06:19:04 am »

((Just going to change my speech color, it looks too ugly.))
"Whoaa. What happened to you guys?"

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2016, 08:13:12 pm »

"Ideally there's no plant monster taking residence in there right now."

Have me and my drones help Adam in his attempt to open the door.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2016, 03:04:21 am »

Turn 7

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Basic Ship Layout (click to show/hide)

"Ideally there's no plant monster taking residence in there right now."

Have me and my drones help Adam in his attempt to open the door.

You DISCOVER that the door is very rigid, and that you can't exactly help much anyhow without getting in the posthuman's way.
[3/8] After Adam opens up a gap, you investigate and find that the sickbay is devoid of any actual medical equipment. There is, however, a large tree trunk emerging from a hole in the floor and forcing its way into the airvent at the top of the room. It might not have been an airvent before... but it's hard to tell, it being destroyed and all that.
Aside from the tree desecrating the room, you stumble upon a thin figure crouched in the corner, wearing rags and sobbing. You wonder who he is.

"Hopefully whatever has been growing within the sickbay hasn't damaged all the medical equipment".
Try to enter the sickbay.

[MIGHT: 5/8] You try to the door down in one fell swoop. More accurately, the action could be described as forcing yourself through the doors, bending them enough that a lesser human such as Brann could fit. You can't fit through while wearing your armor. You'll have to take that off if you wish to enter the sickbay yourself. Hansel himself also won't fit unless you take the bone armor off him.

Brann enters (see above for details).

Soreli looks slightly calmer, but her hair turns a light grey, signifying suspicion. She speaks up.

"Well.... I think.... uh.. That this is our best option... At the moment... Yin-xi. It's a lead..... and that's all we need... heh....rhymes..."

Follow the maid.

"Oh, I said we should stay hin here and wait. But on the occasion we do get separated again..."
She removes a white ribbon from her apron pocket. It contains red markings that look like letters in another language.
"There were a lot of machines aboard this vessel, and it does not seem unlikely one or more have gone rogue. Using data stored on the ship, it is not inconceivable they can mimick your appearance, at least your appearance from before your, ahem, transformation..." she glances in Yin-xi's direction briefly.
"You should put this on, tie it to your hair or your finger perhaps. If we run into a copy, we'll be able to figure out who is whom."

The maid comes closer, reaching out to rest her arm on your shoulder.

Réoyris smiles a clam, gentle smile. "Then in this unheavenly plane I pray there be two among the saints."

"I warn you, as a flesh, I may be one saint, many or as easily none. For you must hope that it is the Father who baptizes you through my hands of wretched flesh."

"Father, may this spirit meet soul and this soul enter through gates of pearl."

Baptize her.

She comments after-the-fact. "Your utterings reek of heresy. The Bible you set aside there... it is a modern translation. Every line has been tampered with and changed at the whims of unfaithful sacerdotes for tens of thousands of years... I was not able to make this judgement before, given my limited directives, but now that I am graced with a human mind I have now become aware that it needs revision to be more true to the original."
She hands you notes, scribbled in a shorthand alphabet and numbering several pages. Ink on parchment. It's nearly illegible.
"When you leave this cradle and set out in the new world, you will find many willing to teach you the language of this place. Keep these with you, and and be the one to restore His word to a proper translation. I am sorry I could only give you so little... but I must now go. This illusion will not last much longer.

Please... don't follow me back into the ship. I've unlocked the doors. God speed you."

((Just going to change my speech color, it looks too ugly.))
"Whoaa. What happened to you guys?"

You didn't actually, though.

"Well, redemption lies above." Head upwards on the ladder towards the factory floor. Plenty of places to hide out. And maybe a good computer to hack into. See what the hell happened.

You climb upward. Gravity lessens its grip on you slowly as you climb... soon enough you end up merely stabilizing your flight path as you glide upward. You reach the factory floor, a welcome respite after at least ten minutes of climbing.

[Hiding spots: 6] There are lots of big boxes and containers to hide behind. One problem, though: this area seems to have been tampered with. Half the robotics are missing. The conveyors are overgrown with roots, and what little machinery remains is either distorted beyond recognition or otherwise heavily rusted.
An off-key hum fills the air. The ventilation seems to be working, and you feel the air currents whisking you gently toward the back of the room, in the would-be direction of thrust. You at least find a chair. It is a couch bolted to the floor, which rotates depending on the ship's acceleration. Next to it would have been a control panel, a computer core, and a holographic projector, but instead there seem to be footprints leading into one of the metal containers. That one looks more overgrown than the others.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 04:03:22 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2016, 04:53:10 am »

Her hair flickers a bright pink, before settling on a happy shade of green. "Oh.... uh.... thanks!"

She then uses the ribbon to tie her hair in a neat bun. Practical, and still looks hella fine.

Well, now that the horribly vain display of self-appreciation is over, Soreli ponders what to do. "Uh.... Yin-xi.... What do you think..... we should do now?"
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2016, 07:55:17 am »

"Uh. Something Shakespearean about hiding in plain sight." Sit on the couch.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2016, 12:23:52 pm »

Wait outside the sickbay with Hansel. Put away my E.M.P./Stun rod and draw my laser pistol out of view of the door opening. I'll be ready to cover Brann if he needs it. Spy through the door with my laser out of view.
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2016, 09:25:11 pm »

Réoyris laughs, "Heresy?"

Dump the bible and her notes into the pool.

"Grace only to the Father, there is no grace in a human mind. In time the word will be made available to me again in whatever form necessary, for now I live on faith alone."

"May God be with you saint."

Exit.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:26:49 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 7 (Apr 19)
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2016, 12:42:07 am »

"Oh, uh... are alright there, mate? You don't look to be in the best of shapes."

Investigate the sobbing man on the floor.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2016, 12:54:27 am »

Yin-xi's mask helped to mask the momentary suspicion on the robots. "Thank you." they said as they tied the ribbon on their staff, making sure it was not near the hot part.

"Rogue impersonators would complicated things, but we still need to find the others. I also still think we need to return the power somehow."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2016, 02:57:29 am »

Turn 8

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Basic Ship Layout (click to show/hide)

"Oh, uh... are alright there, mate? You don't look to be in the best of shapes."

Investigate the sobbing man on the floor.

It's not a man. It's actually a particularly angsty teenager.
"I can't help anyone anymore..." he mutters to himself, over and over again. "I can't help... anyone..."

When you disturb him, he leaps over to the side, lies on the ground, and screams. Well, that certainly attracted the attention of anyone whose attention is not to be attracted, if possible.
After he runs out of breath, he sort of calms down and sits upright, still quivering.
"I... I can't help you. If you get hurt you'll... die..."

Wait outside the sickbay with Hansel. Put away my E.M.P./Stun rod and draw my laser pistol out of view of the door opening. I'll be ready to cover Brann if he needs it. Spy through the door with my laser out of view.

The man inside screams loudly and attracts the attention of something in the library. Following a brief cacaphony of metal plates banging and falling over, you hear footsteps, and the door to the library opens. You fix your sights down the hall as the figure approaches.

The intruder happens to be a short old woman, dressed in vibrant, multicolored silken robes of teal, blue, and white, with a blue gridded headscarf. She carries an ancient book with many ribbon bookmarks, cautiously, and non-aggressively. A force inside compels you to let your guard down, even for a moment, but that's your choice.
"Good heavens! What's happening in there!? Who's screaming!?"

Her hair flickers a bright pink, before settling on a happy shade of green. "Oh.... uh.... thanks!"

She then uses the ribbon to tie her hair in a neat bun. Practical, and still looks hella fine.

Well, now that the horribly vain display of self-appreciation is over, Soreli ponders what to do. "Uh.... Yin-xi.... What do you think..... we should do now?"

You fasten your hair, and look around. The insects on the ground are gone, replaced with... corpses. They seem to be living corpses, reaching out to you and chanting all sorts of wierd things, like "Only you can save us..." and "Please..."

Yin-xi and Reggie are still there, as normal. Reggie looks a bit tense..

Yin-xi's mask helped to mask the momentary suspicion on the robots. "Thank you." they said as they tied the ribbon on their staff, making sure it was not near the hot part.

"Rogue impersonators would complicated things, but we still need to find the others. I also still think we need to return the power somehow."

"Ah, uh..." Reggie seems mildly disoriented.
"The electricity. Yeah, that doesn't... really... exist anymore.
Do you have time for an explanation? I can remember what Maine told me, although with this new body my memories are clouded somewhat. Do other humans go their... entire lives not remembering every detail?"

Réoyris laughs, "Heresy?"

Dump the bible and her notes into the pool.

"Grace only to the Father, there is no grace in a human mind. In time the word will be made available to me again in whatever form necessary, for now I live on faith alone."

"May God be with you saint."

Exit.

"What...?" She sounds confused. "Is this... faith? I will have to learn it someday.."
Those are her last words; she leaves soon after. You follow, but as you pass the corner she is gone. All you saw was that she held a blue ribbon in one hand and a dirty book in the other. Not a Bible, apparently.
You approach the door to the Cathedral. Already the pews are swarming with termites, and the glass is cracked and melted, leaving many gaps through which you see the grey horizon. You approach the grand double doors, which are now restored to perfection, and turn the golden handle. It's heavy~

The void beckons. The dark sky above, you see, is actually a ceiling, interspersed by giant monolithic flows of black primordial matter dripping down like glass, solid to the naked eye, but liquid to the ages.
You step out of an airlock, and step onto warm, rounded stone--the primordial matter from before. The ship, or what's left of it, actually seems half-engulfed in the black. Most of the body dangles from above, but a large piece of black matter, disconnected from the mass above, engulfs it from below as well, though the airlocks stick out just above the black. There are numerous holes in the corner of the ship, which look like they've been ripped out piece by piece of metal.

There is a ghastly grey light from below, coming from a fog and a cold updraft. You see clouds swirling below and out along the horizon, and you also see more blocks of primoridal matter, some of them more refined in shape, looking like chunks of obsidian...

You notice the angel from before up above, reaching into a hole in the ship's factory section body. That hole seems to have been there before.

"Uh. Something Shakespearean about hiding in plain sight." Sit on the couch.

You sit, hearing more footsteps. These ones come from... the ceiling. There is a problem with that.
You see, memorizing the ship's general layout has its advantages. You're still a bit disoriented by the darkness, but this problem is big enough that you see it clearly.

The problem is that those footsteps are coming from space. The floor below your feet is ship hull. It separates you from the vacuum outside. That means that someone is outside the ship. And, more importantly, that sound is reverberating through the metal hull.

And then you hear a click, and Earth-like gravity comes upon you like a truck. Fortunately, Earth-like gravity is not very punishing on the human system. But this room is designed for lateral acceleration, not full Earth gravity. You hear creaks and squeals, and insects pour out of the walls.
One large machine falls through the floor and punches a hole, letting in a mild light from the outside, as bright as a cloudy day. The footsteps approach the hole, and this time you hear it clearly: clawing, like something is digging into the thin outer layer of the hull with a grip like a dragon's.

A hand reaches over the edge, and grips onto the torn edge of metal. It's a human hand.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 02:34:09 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 8 (Apr 21)
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2016, 03:16:51 am »

Soreli screams, before hastily kicking at the corpses all around her. Her hair has turned a purplish black.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! YIN-XIIIIIIII! WHY ARE THERE DEAD PEOPLE!?"

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:21:01 am by DigitalDemon »
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24