Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: Blank Slate - Turn 35 (Jul 7)  (Read 37290 times)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 8 (Apr 21)
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2016, 08:01:02 am »

"Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope."

Hide behind some boxes.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2016, 09:14:32 am »

"...Pardon me?"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2016, 01:51:36 pm »

"Growling inferno! I fear to dream lest this dreaded void should hear of it."

"This fleshly machine of sin is seven times as potent here, oh Father be with your saints!"

Réoris blows on his own arm. "Does the void exhale air for us that we may breathe?"

Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2016, 02:23:53 pm »

"I am a crew member of this ship, you are not. Maintain your distance and make no rapid movements. My actions are defensive only. Please identify yourself and your purpose."
(Make sure I say the above at high enough volume to alert Brann that something is going on out here,)
Lower my laser's sights to toward the ground but stay in the ready position to react at a moments notice.
If she approaches or does something other than explain/identify herself raise the sights to center mass.

"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2016, 02:38:49 pm »

"...Pardon me?"
Soreli screams, before hastily kicking at the corpses all around her. Her hair has turned a purplish black.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! YIN-XIIIIIIII! WHY ARE THERE DEAD PEOPLE!?"

"Oh.... the other machines must be reaching out to her... I think they really want a body. Maine said she found a way, but she's outside right now."

"I am a crew member of this ship, you are not. Maintain your distance and make no rapid movements. My actions are defensive only. Please identify yourself and your purpose."
(Make sure I say the above at high enough volume to alert Brann that something is going on out here,)
Lower my laser's sights to toward the ground but stay in the ready position to react at a moments notice.
If she approaches or does something other than explain/identify herself raise the sights to center mass.

"I am not? News to me. This is the Inheritance, Project Discovery Unit Model 41,048, rev. c." She pauses a bit. "Crew members: Brann Montoya, Adam GenDCLXV, Soreli Katania, Yin-xi Qian, Réoris... he didn't give a last name. We also have a stowaway, though he's proven elusive at least for now."

That information is... correct, to your knowledge.

"I think you need to let me through. The medical robot's become unstable... and he isn't a robot anymore."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2016, 03:29:57 pm »

"Identify yourself and state whether your intentions are friendly or hostile. We were in  the library when we found our incapacitated crewmate here"Point with my free hand to Hansel.We detected your presence at that time, but you did not identify yourself.  Did you incapacitate him or place him in this strange outfit!?"
Maintain my defensive stance with the laser pistol

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2016, 04:54:21 pm »

Soreli, still hysterical, begins crying, and latches on to Yin-xi.

Keep forcing the bodies away. If it gets too intense attempt to throw my ¿Instant Mutagen? at them.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2016, 08:38:16 pm »

"Woh woh woh! No need for the screaming!" Maybe that's why you can't help anyone. "There's no need to worry, people are hardier then you think. I think you need the help more anyway."

"Who are you anyway? You weren't part of the crew."

Try to calm down the angsty teen.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2016, 02:20:16 am »

Turn 9

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Basic Ship Layout (click to show/hide)

"Woh woh woh! No need for the screaming!" Maybe that's why you can't help anyone. "There's no need to worry, people are hardier then you think. I think you need the help more anyway."

"Who are you anyway? You weren't part of the crew."

Try to calm down the angsty teen.

"I don't deserve h-h-help..."
[5/6] "I... I guess I can work on it, though..."

He calls himself Doc. "They trusted me... as the ship's medical robot. Now, I'm not sure sure I have a place..."

"Identify yourself and state whether your intentions are friendly or hostile. We were in  the library when we found our incapacitated crewmate here"Point with my free hand to Hansel.We detected your presence at that time, but you did not identify yourself.  Did you incapacitate him or place him in this strange outfit!?"
Maintain my defensive stance with the laser pistol

The woman seems more interested in what's going on in the back, rather than the gun pointed her way.
"What if I told you," she says in a matter of fact tone, "That the one in there, Doc, is probably the only one who can help your friend? Well, Maine too, but..."

She looks at you. "Are you willing to shoot me? I don't think that's wise. All the ship's archives are with me now, and and if you kill me they're gone for good. You should know better than to threaten people who can't possibly hurt you."

"...Pardon me?"

"Oh.... the other machines must be reaching out to her... I think they really want a body. Maine said she found a way, but she's outside right now."
You seem to recall the voices from before, originating from nowhere.

Soreli throws her mutagen on the ground. The insect cluser over it and form into what look like little flowers. There's a daisy, a sunflower, a petunia, a pansy, and a flytrap.

Soreli, still hysterical, begins crying, and latches on to Yin-xi.

Keep forcing the bodies away. If it gets too intense attempt to throw my ¿Instant Mutagen? at them.

[Panic Resist: 2/6] You throw the vial into their midst! It shatters into a mist, and they crawl up over to it, desisting from reaching and grasping at your feet, and instead reaching and grasping at plant material once enclosed in the vial.

They tear the herbs between each other, stuffing what crumbs they can into their mouths. And then, their bodies dissolve into a gruesome mass of flesh and bone. The viscera end up melting through the floor and disappearing, leaving behind a small flower in the place of each body.
You blink. The flowers are standing. In fact, they seem to be looking at you, the faceless, delicate things. What exactly they are, the world may never know.

One of them gives you a thumb's up.

"Growling inferno! I fear to dream lest this dreaded void should hear of it."

"This fleshly machine of sin is seven times as potent here, oh Father be with your saints!"

Réoris blows on his own arm. "Does the void exhale air for us that we may breathe?"

You feel air leaving your chest. The void indeed has air... which begs the question of how much there is, and where it comes from.
The ground bubbles at your feet as you step on it. Perhaps that's where the air comes from...

There are many floating islands suspended below, but they are kilometers away. Navigating this area without a ship may be difficult.

Back in the airlock, you see many insects creeping around on the walls.

"Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope."

Hide behind some boxes.

You try to run, [1/6] but the hand manages to pull itself up faster than you'd anticipated. Whatever came out of that hole looks like a woman, but with claw-like wings, each of which terminates in a point. She holds a blue ribbon in one hand, for some reason, having used the other to lift herself up.
"I know you want to run," she states calmly, looking blankly into the room. "I know you won't believe me when I say I'm not trying to kill you, but I need you to come with me. If you don't want me to force you that is."

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 9 (Apr 23)
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2016, 09:29:26 am »

Uh. O-okay. Just... Gimme a minute to calm down and I'll be good. A name would also be nice."
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2016, 11:57:37 am »

Holster my laser pistol as a sign of good faith but keep my palm rested on the grip.
"There, I've put away my weapon. You still have not answered my questions. Who are you and what are you doing on this ship."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2016, 11:35:03 pm »

Soreli, still in shock, cries some more. But, her hair soon switches to orange. Her curiosity has been piqued.

"Uh.... Alright...... That... was..... weird...."

Take one of the flowers for study later on.

Also question how exactly a flower gave you a thumbs up.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2016, 11:45:39 pm »

"More plants? Is this... a good idea?"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2016, 12:26:07 am »

Make it back to my desk area and find a way deeper into the ship. "Visitors? Or did we bring them?"
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2016, 01:48:39 am »

"Wait, as the bot? You look human to me. Did the black hole... turn you into a human?"

Ask Doc about being the ships medical robot.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24