Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 133936 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)
« Reply #360 on: June 29, 2016, 12:30:40 pm »

Yeah I can't go 6 hours without my dorf fix id get the message pretty fast. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 29, 2016, 12:57:28 pm »

Yeah I can't go 6 hours without my dorf fix id get the message pretty fast. :P

There's a few unnamed dwarves and some random legend poets I could dorf you as before I send in the save if you're interested.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 29, 2016, 11:24:30 pm »

Or he could just choose the dorf himself? I don't see the point in doing it at the very end.

Just upload the save, you've had long enough.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 06:46:14 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #363 on: June 30, 2016, 07:51:49 am »

There's a few unnamed dwarves and some random legend poets I could dorf you as before I send in the save if you're interested.

A legendary poet? I suppose if you tried to compose a poem about Bloodyhells, you'd either go mad, or become a legend ...
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 30, 2016, 11:17:29 am »

A legendary poet? I suppose if you tried to compose a poem about Bloodyhells, you'd either go mad, or become a legend ...

Not legendary, that was a typo. What I meant was "random elven poets and I think one goblin"; presumably they'll eventually petition for citizenship. I hope.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 01, 2016, 04:50:12 pm »

Okay, the SAVE is here, have !!FUN!!, sorry for being tardy, I was working a lot this week.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 08:27:47 pm by Archereon »
It was inevitable.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 02, 2016, 01:05:58 am »

Well, I don't give a shit. I've been working too, full time job, so not a lot of free time. See how far I can get on this in my timeframe.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 02, 2016, 09:29:16 am »

Well, I don't give a shit. I've been working too, full time job, so not a lot of free time. See how far I can get on this in my timeframe.

Good luck.
It was inevitable.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 02, 2016, 10:21:55 pm »

Alright, this place is really pretty nuts. I can't make heads or tails of it to be honest, it looks like the first building-destroyer to appear on the surface will have a straight shot at more than one hatch cover that's accessible from ground level, and thereby a straight shot into the fort. There's nothing I can really do except wall off the halls connected to these hatch covers, and it looks like someone already designated one, but the wall was never actually built.

Also, one of those husks on the surface, Bilalo Blazeskin the Obeisant Excavation, an elf miner, has 41 kills associated with a book he's holding in his hands, titled Systems and The Boulders.

This is nuts.

I have chosen the eldest male elf, Cacame Vadanealala, a visiting poet, as my "dwarf." The only unclaimed dwarf is a five year old girl.
I make Spellcrafts!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 02, 2016, 10:55:18 pm »

I recognize all those words! Your name is Pelt Dunegrove.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 02, 2016, 11:07:13 pm »

So it makes absolutely no sense. Perfect! :D
I make Spellcrafts!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #371 on: July 02, 2016, 11:33:52 pm »

You've been playing Dwarf Fortress for too long when you can read elven.

Alright, this place is really pretty nuts. I can't make heads or tails of it to be honest, it looks like the first building-destroyer to appear on the surface will have a straight shot at more than one hatch cover that's accessible from ground level, and thereby a straight shot into the fort. There's nothing I can really do except wall off the halls connected to these hatch covers, and it looks like someone already designated one, but the wall was never actually built.

Thus continues the fine architectural traditions Battlefailed forts are known for.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 02, 2016, 11:44:28 pm »

You've been playing Dwarf Fortress for too long when you can read elven.
I'm making a tabletop game based on Dwarf Fortress called The Land of Omen. Alala the Lion is the name of one of the elven forces. Vadane is my favorite elven name, I just like how it sounds. Cacame is obvious. You just happened to have three of the sixish elvish words I know by heart in your name. I should go to bed.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 03, 2016, 01:34:26 am »

The only unclaimed dwarf is a five year old girl.
Hey, you should always have one as an advisor!

Though I believe we've already done the "child goes around suggesting to adults what to do" in previous forts.
it looks like the first building-destroyer to appear on the surface will have a straight shot at more than one hatch cover that's accessible from ground level, and thereby a straight shot into the fort.
This is correct. Actually, when I checked it before Archereon's turn they were unforbidden as well, so all the undead also had a path.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 03, 2016, 11:31:00 am »

The only unclaimed dwarf is a five year old girl.
Hey, you should always have one as an advisor!

Though I believe we've already done the "child goes around suggesting to adults what to do" in previous forts.
it looks like the first building-destroyer to appear on the surface will have a straight shot at more than one hatch cover that's accessible from ground level, and thereby a straight shot into the fort.
This is correct. Actually, when I checked it before Archereon's turn they were unforbidden as well, so all the undead also had a path.

I'm fairly certain that the paths into the fortress that could be broken by a building destroyer were made by me.
It was inevitable.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 52