Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 134359 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)
« Reply #375 on: July 03, 2016, 02:23:31 pm »

That just means they have more than 3 paths.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 03, 2016, 05:04:57 pm »

The only unclaimed dwarf is a five year old girl.
Hey, you should always have one as an advisor!

Though I believe we've already done the "child goes around suggesting to adults what to do" in previous forts.
it looks like the first building-destroyer to appear on the surface will have a straight shot at more than one hatch cover that's accessible from ground level, and thereby a straight shot into the fort.
This is correct. Actually, when I checked it before Archereon's turn they were unforbidden as well, so all the undead also had a path.
Change the kid's title to ''Masterplan Proofreader''

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 03, 2016, 07:20:30 pm »

The only unclaimed dwarf is a five year old girl.
Hey, you should always have one as an advisor!

Though I believe we've already done the "child goes around suggesting to adults what to do" in previous forts.
it looks like the first building-destroyer to appear on the surface will have a straight shot at more than one hatch cover that's accessible from ground level, and thereby a straight shot into the fort.
This is correct. Actually, when I checked it before Archereon's turn they were unforbidden as well, so all the undead also had a path.
Change the kid's title to ''Masterplan Proofreader''

Fun fact, with no dorfing orders specificed, I made the master an 8 year old girl. That said, by the time his term as overseer comes, she'll be like 15 or so (assuming she lives that long.)
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 03, 2016, 07:30:18 pm »

assuming she lives that long
pfffffffffHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EXPECTING TO LIVE MORE THAN A YEAR IN A BATTLEFAILED FORT

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 03, 2016, 08:35:20 pm »

assuming she lives that long
pfffffffffHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EXPECTING TO LIVE MORE THAN A YEAR IN A BATTLEFAILED FORT

You've been alive since year one IIRC.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
It was inevitable.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 03, 2016, 11:56:05 pm »

Can confirm, flame is still alive. Speciesunk0wn is not. He is very very dead.

But all the nefarious husks and zombies have been captured and visitors have been getting in successfully. A migrant wave arrived and they all died, but I hadn't caught the husks yet by then.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 04, 2016, 09:08:36 am »

The only reason I am alive is because I specifically saved my dwarf when The Titan got in.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 05, 2016, 10:27:27 am »

Can confirm, flame is still alive. Speciesunk0wn is not. He is very very dead.

But all the nefarious husks and zombies have been captured and visitors have been getting in successfully. A migrant wave arrived and they all died, but I hadn't caught the husks yet by then.

What did he die from? Any more notable deaths btw?
It was inevitable.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 05, 2016, 03:00:16 pm »

a husk walked in as he was walking out. My bad on that. No other deaths that anyone cares about. A second wave of migrants made it inside as well, so we've got a handful of new recruits for the meat grinder. Thank god they all got in before the next batch of nefarious fog appeared right on top of the entry hatch.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 05, 2016, 05:16:42 pm »

a husk walked in as he was walking out. My bad on that. No other deaths that anyone cares about. A second wave of migrants made it inside as well, so we've got a handful of new recruits for the meat grinder. Thank god they all got in before the next batch of nefarious fog appeared right on top of the entry hatch.

Any progress on getting necromancers to drink?
It was inevitable.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 05, 2016, 08:17:34 pm »

We actually have no alcohol at the moment. The non-necromancers are drinking water, unfortunately. Working on that...
I make Spellcrafts!

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 06, 2016, 10:51:43 am »

We actually have no alcohol at the moment. The non-necromancers are drinking water, unfortunately. Working on that...

Year 304, Spring: I am unsure whether the good Poet who was somehow elected overseer (a long story in and of itself) has a death wish, but there are few places more perilous than standing between a dwarf and their liquour. Not that any of them strictly need to drink anymore, but a rather dark mood had hung over the fortress ever since it was announced that the wine stores had run dry...
It was inevitable.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 06, 2016, 08:13:13 pm »

...Need I point out that the wine stores would never have run out if the previous overseers had bothered to brew enough alcohol to keep up with demand?

When I started I actually noticed in the stocks screen that we had only 20-40 drinks and checked to make sure someone was working on that... And indeed they were, so I left them to it. Six months later, there's nothing. Wed been bled dry and the brewer had given up work on it for some unknown reason. I only noticed because I got an announcement saying someone couldn't give another water because there was no water source. A lot of such announcements.

Also, I found a room full of one expansive pool of various sorts of booze. A variable booze lake. None of it was in barrels, just spilled on the floor, and thus dwarves couldn't use it. I'm guessing that was the premier booze stockpile and it just felt like not existing anymore or something.

Agriculturally were in a tough spot indeed; we don't have enough dwarves working the fields, brewery, kitchens, and were out of seeds. I got some from the dwarven caravan now, actually. Years mostly up and I'm just trying to prevent the fort from flopping on its face because most basic services aren't set up properly or so far apart getting items from stockpile to workshop to stockpile takes a friggin week.
I make Spellcrafts!

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 07, 2016, 09:17:32 am »

Yeah, a big part of my turn was an effort to consolidate the fortress down to the lower depths, farming included. Unfortunately I was only about a quarter of the way done when my turn ended.

Sounds like you're doing a great job as overseer btw, getting a caravan in bodes extremely well for the future of the fortress, relatively speaking.

It's still a madhouse run by madmen, but it's a madhouse filled to the brim with priceless treasures for the taking for those who are sufficiently bold, desperate, or insane to come here.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:24:52 am by Archereon »
It was inevitable.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 07, 2016, 01:32:43 pm »

Eh....with trade and migrants and interesting library it sounds like a pleasant place to live actually. Terrible weather, though.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 52